my two cents | Syracusefan.com

my two cents

kcsu

Living Legend
Good day on the hill as I got to see some old friends who were in town and spent some time with a few of the famous in town for the weekend, game. Everyone that I spoke to likes Dino. Some less than others and everyone also realizes that it is time for a change. JW is held in very high regard by all and based on what I was told is very much on top of this situation. I don't know what the buyout is, but one read that I got was that it does goes down at a certain point in the near future. Regardless I'll be shocked if he is retained other than winning out these last three games.
Names that i heard were White, Golden i didn't hear anything about Cig, Holly cross, or Dan.
As to the team and game. I don't think that anyone has quit on Dino. The kids played really hard they just are not coached well, and we are thin. I wish that Dino had played other kids especially Carlos during the four blow out games.
In watching this year, it is very apparent to me that Beck and Long are not as good as Dr. Bob and White. Long has done a decent job but Beck has really been bad. Maybe because of Dino maybe not. Bottom line the offense has been God awful. Other news is that I expect lots of kids to leave the program. LA being one of them.
My guess is that White is our next coach.

Thanks for the update. It is upsetting that the team may lose some good young men due to the uncertainty around new leadership. Hopefully they can keep departures to a minimum.

LA sued to be on this team. Will he leave because Dino does?

I don’t think the good players will leave because of Dino. They will leave because they want to play with other good players on winning teams. SU is not that. I’m sure LA would like to run behind a line that can block.

There is going to be lots of changes, current roster and commits included

If Tony White is the hc we are completely lost. Shafer era was only 10 years ago and going back to the same playbook. Unbelievable really. On brand though
Al Golden might be a good choice on the other hand considering where Cuse is as a program. Might be the best example of who we can get.

If Tony White is the hc we are completely lost. Shafer era was only 10 years ago and going back to the same playbook. Unbelievable really. On brand though
The support he will have is greater or anyone else for that matter, otherwise he would sink as well. Dino just started receiving this type of needed support with the last 2-3 years to a relative peer degree, too little too late potentially. We were woefully behind, certainly affected Dino's ability to recruit and retain. He thought his heart was enough to recruit, it should be but it is not in today's world. He needed help and he did not get it initially. An amazingly good man he is. He will be just fine, grace

Other news is that I expect lots of kids to leave the program. LA being one of them.

I agree. Although we only have 8 seniors, we also have a few leaders who think they’re ready for the NFL (misguided IMO), others like J. Wilson who has some talent but fell from favor here, and there will be some who get pushed out. I would guess the over/under on new players on the roster in 2024 will be over 40.

Question: will we have enough players to have a spring game?

Good day on the hill as I got to see some old friends who were in town and spent some time with a few of the famous in town for the weekend, game. Everyone that I spoke to likes Dino. Some less than others and everyone also realizes that it is time for a change. JW is held in very high regard by all and based on what I was told is very much on top of this situation. I don't know what the buyout is, but one read that I got was that it does goes down at a certain point in the near future. Regardless I'll be shocked if he is retained other than winning out these last three games.
Names that i heard were White, Golden i didn't hear anything about Cig, Holly cross, or Dan.
As to the team and game. I don't think that anyone has quit on Dino. The kids played really hard they just are not coached well, and we are thin. I wish that Dino had played other kids especially Carlos during the four blow out games.
In watching this year, it is very apparent to me that Beck and Long are not as good as Dr. Bob and White. Long has done a decent job but Beck has really been bad. Maybe because of Dino maybe not. Bottom line the offense has been God awful. Other news is that I expect lots of kids to leave the program. LA being one of them.

There is no way we're going to win ANY games with the offense we saw yesterday.

BC is awful, and they were better than us.

I’m surprised he stayed after the suspension garbage. He deserves better.

Al golden would be a horrible hire. If he can’t do it at Miami he certainly can’t do it here

I was fairly well convinced we were going to beat BC yesterday.

But when the offense is inept, you can't win games.
Hatcher catches the ball, we pick off one of the three gifts, the PI call that was bs, we win this game.

The support he will have is greater or anyone else for that matter, otherwise he would sink as well. Dino just started receiving this type of needed support with the last 2-3 years to a relative peer degree, too little too late potentially. We were woefully behind, certainly affected Dino's ability to recruit and retain. He thought his heart was enough to recruit, it should be but it is not in today's world. He needed help and he did not get it initially. An amazingly good man he is. He will be just fine, grace

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom