My Way-Too-Early 2022 Schedule Prediction | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

My Way-Too-Early 2022 Schedule Prediction

Both Purdue and ND at home makes for a fun home schedule. We have to find a way to split those games and we can get to 6. Most of the ACC schools should be down except Clemson.

This seems like a much tougher schedule

Definite losses - Clemson, Pitt, Wake, ND
Lean towards loss - NC State, Florida St, Purdue, Louisville
Lean towards win - BC, Virginia
Definite win - UConn, Wagner

Unless we improve, it could be a 3 or 4 win season. Even if we improve, 5 or 6 seems most realistic. That is winning every game where we are even/better than the opponent

I would be ecstatic if we get to 7 or 8 wins. That would be a big leap forward

To get to 7 or 8 wins takes good lines with good backups on both sides of the ball, so that a couple injuries, which are inevitable in football, don't ruin your season.

And it takes keeping kids in the program and developing them. I'm glad we're getting a new D Line coach, because they underachieved for me this year.

Our offensive line could be fairly good again next year, maybe even a little better than that.

You need linemen and you need linebackers, especially when you consider that they make up key players on your special teams, too.

I don't think we have enough quality depth anywhere, except maybe O Line.

I could see us winning 5 or 6, maybe 7 if everything broke right. It all depends on how good the new OC and DL coaches are. We might get a real jolt from a couple more good hires on this staff. And it would be nice to have a special teams coach again, since the kicking game was absolutely broken this year.

Clemson and ND have the players to win regardless of coaching. We can get Ws there, but it would be surprising.

UConn and Wagner we should beat if we had a ball and a field anywhere in America with no coaches. Those should be two Ws.

Every other team is somewhere in the middle next year. That’s 8 games that we need to split.

Dino blew it this year. He better start filling out his change of address card

I do think that this year's schedule was tailor-made for a struggling program.

Without knowing whom the portal will giveth or taketh away, or without knowing who the new OC will be, it is clear that Ohio, Albany, Liberty, and Rutgers are not walking through the door again in the near future.

I see 3 wins.

In that case...

giphy.gif

Is Garrett’s throwing going to get us to next level? I’m tired of having my spirit crushed every fall, so I’m starting with low expectations
I get it

This was the year to get six. Next year it will be a bigger mountain to climb. 11 out of 15 ACC teams made a bowl but we only manage to do so 1 out of 8 years? So discouraging. Why can’t we schedule like BC and make a bowl with a 2-6 league record? The vast majority of our opponents this season will accept a bowl bid tomorrow as well.

Miami finally filled there non conference games making it all but official as Louisville at home to start 2022 as they added there fcs game to start and the fighting stogies from middle tennessee

Clemson and ND have the players to win regardless of coaching. We can get Ws there, but it would be surprising.

UConn and Wagner we should beat if we had a ball and a field anywhere in America with no coaches. Those should be two Ws.

Every other team is somewhere in the middle next year. That’s 8 games that we need to split.
Good news is 5 of those 8 are at home. In theory it should be hard to be worse than 5-7. But it will also be hard to be better than 6-6.

I see 3 wins.
Yup, maybe 4, then we can DB and start all over again. Fans expecting something different from him in his 7th year are delusional. Another year of poor playcalling, false starts, and lack of preparation, then we can move forward.

I see the first four games as W's. Any thoughts?
View attachment 211323
First of all, don't sleep on Purdue or BC in the first four games. Purdue was 8-4 this season and will play Tenn. in a bowl game. BC game is a road game next year and they will have a starting QB this time. Also, Purdue has 18 recruits presently, 2 of which are 4* and they are ranked 36. BC has consistently recruited better than us the past few years. BC is presently ranked 24 with two 4* and 20 recruits. We are ranked 75 with 10 recruits, all 3 stars. We could easily be 2-2 after the first 4 games.

The rest of the schedule has nothing easy in it. Probably the best chance for a win might be Virginia, especially with Bronco leaving the program. This schedule will be harder than the past season, especially with ND as one of the non-conference games.

who kjnew ND disdnt want to bye before clemson or for flexibility the acc asked ND to play us on the 29th?

Oh sorry now that I look at it, my post sounds Dick-ish. I thought you predicted the Cuse ND game would be on the 29th, so I was offering sincere kudos.

Did we hire an OC yet. Predicting wins beyond Wagner and UConn seems RutgersAl(ish) if a 5 win team has yet to hire 50% of its staff. How could anyone say we’ll beat Purdue with no offensive staff in place.
We will win with special teams and defense. Since we have a ST coach now. Force a punt and run it back every time. Take off your blindfold it's there... Laid out in front of you.

We will win with special teams and defense. Since we have a ST coach now. Force a punt and run it back every time. Take off your blindfold it's there... Laid out in front of you.

Gotcha, so because we have an actual coach for a position, we will automatically win. Def see it now.

There’s a lot of changes. New offensive coordinators at SU, Pitt, Miami, Clemson, Virginia, Duke, ND and probably new defensive coordinators at Miami, Duke, Virginia, ND, and Clemson. I might be missing some. Venebles was a major factor at Clemson.

The real question is who do you think that we will play in the first game of the CFB playoff?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom