Naes Howard | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Naes Howard

Monday, May 16, 2016 By Keith Kobland
Access to South Campus During Summer Break

As a safety measure, access to South Campus from May 15 to Aug. 24 will only be through the welcome station on
Skytop Road off of East Colvin Street. The University Village entrance and the Jamesville Avenue entrance will be closed. Exceptions will be made for special events only.

If you see suspicious activity please contact the Department of Public Safety at 315-443-2224.

Football players came back this weekend.

While it might be a good idea, it's concerning they even have to do it.

While it might be a good idea, it's concerning they even have to do it.

From a risk management perspective, I'm surprised this wasn't the case previously. Not because of the current situation but because the norm in most of these types of campuses is to have as minimal the number of entrances/exits as possible. I don't think it's terribly concerning. It makes sense that the University would try to have only one primary entrance/exit except for special events and emergencies.

According to a jailer the kid has real mental issues,and is a wanna be gangbanger

From a risk management perspective, I'm surprised this wasn't the case previously. Not because of the current situation but because the norm in most of these types of campuses is to have as minimal the number of entrances/exits as possible. I don't think it's terribly concerning. It makes sense that the University would try to have only one primary entrance/exit except for special events and emergencies.

They've been doing this for at least a decade. I can't remember the last time the gate was open on Jamesville (except for game days). Not sure there's a story here.

They've been doing this for at least a decade. I can't remember the last time the gate was open on Jamesville (except for game days). Not sure there's a story here.
I have had seasons since the mid 80's and if you are talking about the gate on the south side of skytop it has always been closed except for game days and other special events.

According to a jailer the kid has real mental issues,and is a wanna be gangbanger

I don't understand why anyone would want to be a gangbanger. To what end?

My son's hockey team used to use the ice at Tennity for spring/summer practices and I'd occasionally use the back way to get there if I was coming from that direction. Maybe the few times I tried coincided with special events, but I only ran into a closed gate once and I still got through thanks to a wrong turn into a construction site.

"He's got psychological issues," Flores said following a motions hearing for Howard on Monday morning, "especially stemming from him having his bell rung so many times.

"In the course of his football career, which started when he was 10, he took a couple of really hard hits."

Flores said she has not yet been provided with any of Howard's medical records.

"He's got psychological issues," Flores said following a motions hearing for Howard on Monday morning, "especially stemming from him having his bell rung so many times.

"In the course of his football career, which started when he was 10, he took a couple of really hard hits."

He'll do 2 years in a psychiatric facility and be right back downtown in the blink of an eye.

yep, it's football's fault. smh.

I don't understand why anyone would want to be a gangbanger. To what end?

Social acceptance, boost of self-esteem, lack of economic opportunity, looking for a sense of camaraderie with peers, or simply a fear of not joining. And this applies to everyone from Irish gangs in the 19th century to black and Hispanic gangs today.

"Howard, wearing orange Syracuse gym shorts with his old No. 18 printed on them, was in court Wednesday because Winfield and Scissum felt uncomfortable Howard was frequently spotted near the football team's facility at Manley Field House."

This has turned into something out of a movie. Frightening.

"Howard, wearing orange Syracuse gym shorts with his old No. 18 printed on them, was in court Wednesday because Winfield and Scissum felt uncomfortable Howard was frequently spotted near the football team's facility at Manley Field House."

This has turned into something out of a movie. Frightening.

This really is beyond scary. Hopefully Howard gets the help he desperately needs and nobody else gets hurt in the process.

He did tell the judge that he would do something to get put back in jail, judge ignored the warning. Glad nobody was hurt further.

Kid belongs there anyhow.

My brother had him in his cell block and said he is suffering from mental illness.I think the kid really wants help,but the system would rather have him treated to a jail sentence.He said since the county outsourced the medical staff the conditions have gone way down hill.They are constantly bringing type 1 diabetics to the hospital because the medical staff does not give them medicine and it turns into a big waste of time as ER doctors write a new script and the outsourced staff gets a bonus for how much they save the county.
Sheriffs are fed up with this.

He needs to be locked up and the key thrown away, be that a mental hospital or prison. He is a ticking time bomb waiting to go off.