Naheem McLeod Transferring to Syracuse (5/15/23) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Naheem McLeod Transferring to Syracuse (5/15/23)

He had a very good game against a wretched defense. He was also one of the ACC centers Jesse had a great game against. As soon as we dropped the zone back further McLeod was shut down.

What does Jesse’s improvement have to do with Mcleods possible improvement? Absolutely nothing, players don’t automatically get better, I can make a pretty good list of guys who just don’t, probably as long as of a list of guys that do. It’s irrelevant what Jesse did in year two when it comes to McLeod.
i get what you'r saying - it's not like he will be a definite all american...which we would all prefer

but its a lot better than some of the other options, for one

i think the staff wanted jesse to stay...so this is plan b for sure

also, who else is realistic and better?

and btw mcleod definitly took jesses improvement in mind when deciding on the orange...which is all that matters.

maybe pump the brakes on the negative nancy stuff now that there's literally nothing that can be done???

besides, there are so many scoring options on the roster - center wont need to be anything other than a defensive presence and rebounder...which 74 seems a good bet to be

I don’t care about the fouls, rather have skilled players just playing the game.

Well, he's not that skilled as a low post player. But he can dive to the rim, catch a lob and dunk it.

On his offensive put backs, almost every time he rotated all the way around to dunk with his left hand.

I don’t see us playing much of it, I think we should based on matchups though.

Reading the tea leaves over the past couple years I think we could legit see actual rotation of defenses zone included. That's a lot from those willing to share their insights from being close to the team but it's been consistently raised.

Last edited:
Based on his 40% free throw shooting, I'm going to say he shouldn't have a basketball in his hands unless he's dunking a putback.

Pickings were slim at the center position, and we have four of them now.
the real problem is having 3 project centers on the roster - doesnt really make a lot of sense.

I don’t care about the fouls, rather have skilled players just playing the game.
Where do you think you're supposed to find skilled centers? The big and tall store?

Given the lack of 7 foot humans on the planet, there's like 2 or 3 high end, 2-way sure thing centers available per year and those dudes are usually one and done. Most aren't even ready to dominate the college game in year 1 either. Beyond those most everyone else is crossing their fingers their lotto ticket hits. Just a numbers game to grab a few and hope.

Red et al are putting together a good group of players and I look forward to watching how they meld them into a good team. Very happy for McLeod. He brings size and potential. This is a big transition year with changes in players and scheme. McLeod fills a huge need and wants the energy the dome will bring. Kudos to Red! Keep it going...

Where do you think you're supposed to find skilled centers? The big and tall store?

Given the lack of 7 foot humans on the planet, there's like 2 or 3 high end, 2-way sure thing centers available per year and those dudes are usually one and done. Most aren't even ready to dominate the college game in year 1 either. Beyond those most everyone else is crossing their fingers their lotto ticket hits. Just a numbers game to grab a few and hope.
We played plenty of teams that didn’t need a 7 footer.

Love Judah to say he's coming back but if we somehow pivoted to Ty Laur and landed him that would potentially put next year back on the map, on paper at least vs losing him and sitting idle.

We've heard nothing in so long on him that he has to be gone.
Until he gets a first round guarantee it’s a silly assumption to make. But everyone wants him to be shouting us out on insta from the combine and all that.

One discussion point that I was just pondering to consider...yeah, Naheem's stats aren't huge from 2022-23, and FSU was not good. But Hamilton plays a deep bench. Plus, take a look at his sophomore stats and compare them to Jesse's...Jesse made a huge leap as a junior, and maybe Naheem can, too. I get the skepticism, but there's promise there, too!
Stop, we can't have sensible posts like these ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom