Name 3 Coaches That are Available to be our next HC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Name 3 Coaches That are Available to be our next HC

I still don't understand the obsession with budgets. Let the AD do his job. We aren't going to offer 3-4 million to a HC but should be more than capable of paying for a solid HC who has shown experience of winning games and running a successful college offense at most likely a smaller school. Again, I don't know why people are making this out to be so difficult. Many of those MAC coaches are making 4-650K. Take the best HC at the FCS levels, vet several, hire the best one. Look at the Fordham coach, nice resume, good offense, roster filled with kids from all over really. I'm not saying he is a savior but a guy that might peak interest.

If we are going to renovate the dome, the new IPF, ACC $, Syracuse should be just fine. Coyle needs to sell a vision, find the guy that is intrigued by the vision with the right background, make the numbers work and HIRE THE GUY.

I agree some coaches will be tougher to get than others and some will take deals from schools offering more money. I thought that was how the world worked but maybe I am wrong. God.

SU is going to have to overpay to make up for the years of under investment.

That's how the world works.

If Cal is dumb enough to drop Dykes, he should be interviewed. I'm fully on-board with Babers, Fleck, Brohm.

If you look at where Marrone's staff is coaching currently, I think it goes to show that he really had a solid staff. Moore, Adkins, Wheatley, Henderson, Daoust, Shafer even Hackett. Some good coaches right there.

Yep, Rob Moore can't coach.

Explain what happened to Michael Crabtree then.

Coaches turned down this job before the IPF. With the facility upgrades this job is a lot more attractive. If it’s a stepping stone for an up and comer, who cares. Worry about that when it actually happens.

SU is going to have to overpay to make up for the years of under investment.

That's how the world works.

They will get a good coach. They have the time and right people. I just hope they go BIG offense, it's time. there are a ton of options out there

They will get a good coach. They have the time and right people. I just hope they go BIG offense, it's time. there are a ton of options out there

Yep

PhatOrange said:
Coaches turned down this job before the IPF. With the facility upgrades this job is a lot more attractive. If it’s a stepping stone for an up and comer, who cares. Worry about that when it actually happens.

Also we upgraded our athletic director :)

Yep, Rob Moore can't coach.

Explain what happened to Michael Crabtree then.

He's terrible!!! He pissed off some meathead in NJ!!!

Rob is where he should be. Guy is all class as well, wish him nothing but the best. Be curious to see if he continues to climb the ladder, he has the make up to do just that.

Agree, I would love to have a guy pulled away to a bigger job in 3-4 years. It means he has won a bunch of games at Cuse. Don't understand why that is an issue. There are no more JB's, and quite frankly had Shafer turned out to be great and someday OSU or Michigan called, odds are he would have bailed as well. Can't blame them, and its the way of the world. As long as we are winning, I don't care who the coach is.

i think it's a great job b/c the expectations are really really low. If you find someone who can produce Tom O'Brien 8 win seasons and is comfortable staying in one place, you can last a long time here. The cartwheels we all do when we win the Pinstripe Bowl after 7 win seasons is A1 evidence.

I think the candidates will surprise some people to the upside. I'd rather be at Syracuse than Miami if you have aspirations of stability.

Does anyone know if Marty Whitman or some other very rich Syracuse alum cares 1% about the program and is willing to underwite this coaching search/salary? We need to send alum Bin Taleed a highlight video from 1992. Maybe he will send us a spare 10mm to get this thing going.

Josh Altman

Dino Babers, Dino Babers and Dino Babers

I could get behind him with the right staff.

I like the idea of an up and coming guy who has been successful as a HC already. The only fear there is the "stepping stone" concept.

I could get behind him with the right staff.

I like the idea of an up and coming guy who has been successful as a HC already. The only fear there is the "stepping stone" concept.

can't worry about stepping stone. it's YEARS down the road.

Babers would have to hire a competent DC, his total defense is a shade better than Syracuse at #96.

can't worry about stepping stone. it's YEARS down the road.

Babers would have to hire a competent DC, his total defense is a shade better than Syracuse at #96.
I would take that all day when we're leading the nation in passing.

There are plenty of interesting candidates out there but you have to have someone doing the screening that knows what to look for. We all hope we have the right AD. A name I haven't seen mentioned yet is Mike Norvell, ASU OC. Leaves some boxes unchecked but he should be looked at to gauge interest and ability.

I would take that all day when we're leading the nation in passing.

you wouldn't if we are losing games. top 10 offense but 6-6?

If the talent being equal between Syracuse and Bowling Green would he do any better? Would Bowling Green right now have a winning record in our ACC division? Who knows it the million dollar question. But I think on a whole, the ACC talent team per team is better than the MAC. So a coach can bring his great offense but he’s going to need to upgrade the talent to compete with the rest of the ACC. You can’t outscore everybody and not play defense. Just on our side, FSU, Clemson, NC State, LVille, will all go point for point with you if you don’t defend.

you wouldn't if we are losing games. top 10 offense but 6-6?

If the talent being equal between Syracuse and Bowling Green would he do any better? Would Bowling Green right now have a winning record in our ACC division? Who knows it the million dollar question. But I think on a whole, the ACC talent team per team is better than the MAC. So a coach can bring his great offense but he’s going to need to upgrade the talent to compete with the rest of the ACC. You can’t outscore everybody and not play defense. Just on our side, FSU, Clemson, NC State, LVille, will all go point for point with you if you don’t defend.
I think everyone here right now would take 6-6 this season and a program on the rise with an exciting offense and a coach that understands simple probability with the ability to manage a game at least on par with most Madden-playing 13 year olds.

Obviously Babers would bring in better recruiting classes at SU than he is at Bowling Green. We don't even need much better classes than what we're seeing now. People would be shocked at how "talented" the current roster is with a talented head coach and staff.

I think everyone here right now would take 6-6 this season and a program on the rise with an exciting offense and a coach that understands simple probability with the ability to manage a game at least on par with most Madden-playing 13 year olds.

Obviously Babers would bring in better recruiting classes at SU than he is at Bowling Green. We don't even need much better than what we're seeing now. People would be shocked at how "talented" the current roster is with a talented head coach and staff.

there's another thread right now talking about how bad the WR's are with none on the horizon. who is babers going to throw the ball to?

there's another thread right now talking about how bad the WR's are with none on the horizon. who is babers going to throw the ball to?
I don't agree with that at all. We have capable wide receivers on the roster now who don't even know what position they're playing in this cockamamie system.

I don't agree with that at all. We have capable wide receivers on the roster now who don't even know what position they're playing in this cockamamie system.

what players dont know what position theyre playing? philips?

So how does BG almost beat Tennessee down there and go woodshed on Maryland, their talent at WR? he's only been there 2 years, people here want Shafer for 4-5 so he can continue to recruit. system is HUGE.

He won't need elite talent at WR, just guys who know how to play the position or can be coached that way. That is why you see two WR coaches a lot in a Briles/ Leach type O

People making things too difficult Again. WE PLAY 7 GAMES A YEAR IN A DOME!!

Scheme open, scheme open.

Last edited: