Name 3 Coaches That are Available to be our next HC | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Name 3 Coaches That are Available to be our next HC

Ishmael and Ben Lewis would do pretty well as the #1 and #2 in Babers offense. Make Estime your slot guy.

My concern is what do you do with all these small scat back types that the current coaching staff seems enamored with.

Worst case scenario if we are running 80 plays a game we will be rested and deep at the RB position. :noidea:

Ishmael and Ben Lewis would do pretty well as the #1 and #2 in Babers offense. Make Estime your slot guy.

My concern is what do you do with all these small scat back types that the current coaching staff seems enamored with.

Worst case scenario if we are running 80 plays a game we will be rested and deep at the RB position. :noidea:

I doubt a guy like Baber's is inking elite talent to run his offense. Will be fine

So how does BG almost beat Tennessee down there and go woodshed on Maryland, their talent at WR? he's only been there 2 years, people here want Shafer for 4-5 so he can continue to recruit. system is HUGE.

He won't need elite talent at WR, just guys who know how to play the position or can be coached that way. That is why you see two WR coaches a lot in a Briles/ Leach type O

People making things too difficult Again. WE PLAY 7 GAMES A YEAR IN A DOME!!

Scheme open, scheme open.

Every week teams that have less talent than SU, as defined by the ever-popular recruiting rankings, score tons of points against "more talented" teams.

I mean Greg Robinson beat Louisville in 2007, which was ONE YEAR removed from UofL's 12-1 season with Petrino at the helm. I assume they were much more "talented" than us that season.

So how does BG almost beat Tennessee down there and go woodshed on Maryland, their talent at WR? he's only been there 2 years, people here want Shafer for 4-5 so he can continue to recruit. system is HUGE.

He won't need elite talent at WR, just guys who know how to play the position or can be coached that way. That is why you see two WR coaches a lot in a Briles/ Leach type O

People making things too difficult Again. WE PLAY 7 GAMES A YEAR IN A DOME!!

Scheme open, scheme open.

Tennessee beat Bowling Green this year 59-30. And Butch Jones is squarely on the hot seat. There was no almost about it.

Maryland is 2-7. We might even beat them this year, but if Bowling Green put up 48 against us would you be impressed?

I like Babers, but you do need some semblance of a defense to beat P5 teams week in and week out.

Tennessee beat Bowling Green this year 59-30. And Butch Jones is squarely on the hot seat. There was no almost about it.

Maryland is 2-7. We might even beat them this year, but if Bowling Green put up 48 against us would you be impressed?

I like Babers, but you do need some semblance of a defense to beat P5 teams week in and week out.

Sure you do but worry about that later. Diaco at UCONN was the hot defensive guy and he still sucks on offense as well, Don't see his name popping up as a hot HC because he stinks on offense. It shows where the focus is. I am sick of defensive guys

Sure you do but worry about that later. Diaco at UCONN was the hot defensive guy and he still sucks on offense as well, Don't see his name popping up as a hot HC because he stinks on offense. It shows where the focus is. I am sick of defensive guys
bowling green is 62nd in yards per play defense and 7th on offense.

sign me up for that in a heartbeat.

SU was 36th in yards per play on offense, 72nd on defense in 2012.

i hate defensive coaches because the game has evolved but i want an offensive coach to put a premium on D by hiring a good coordinator. you just can't ignore it that side of the ball when hiring a new coach.

i hate defensive coaches because the game has evolved but i want an offensive coach to put a premium on D by hiring a good coordinator. you just can't ignore it that side of the ball when hiring a new coach.

Agree, hire a coach with an established expertise on offense and hopefully HC exp and put together a defense that works to a certain extent. Easier said than done but probably the way to go this day and age

Agree, hire a coach with an established expertise on offense and hopefully HC exp and put together a defense that works to a certain extent. Easier said than done but probably the way to go this day and age

No more defensive coaches.

if we go with a briles offense, we will end up having historically bad scoring and yards per game defense. and i bet we'd be ordinary in yards per play. there will be so many plays and opposing teams will take lots of chances in shootouts

if we go with a briles offense, we will end up having historically bad scoring and yards per game defense. and i bet we'd be ordinary in yards per play. there will be so many plays and opposing teams will take lots of chances in shootouts

When you run more plays a few bad ones won't always kill you, increases your odds. The pick 6 on Saturday was essentially a game killer. It was 1/2 a death blow but if you can score points, you move on and get it back

bowling green is 62nd in yards per play defense and 7th on offense.

sign me up for that in a heartbeat.

SU was 36th in yards per play on offense, 72nd on defense in 2012.

41st on 3rd down defense, 4th in tackles for a loss.

Keep the ball in front, makes plays when the situation favors you.

41st on 3rd down defense, 4th in tackles for a loss.

Keep the ball in front, makes plays when the situation favors you.

And scheme open on offense, put the pressure on. It's where we need to go

Current College Head Coaches

1. Dino Babers, 54 (Bowling Green)
2. Jeff Brohm, 44 (Western Kentucky)
3. Tom Herman, 40 (Houston)
4. Philip Montgomery, 43 (Tulsa)
5. Matt Rhule, 40 (Temple)
6. Matt Campbell, 35 (Toledo)
7. Justin Fuente, 39 (Memphis State)
8. Doc Holliday, 58 (Marshall)
9. Todd Monken, 49 (Southern Miss)
10. Ruffin McNeill, 57 (East Carolina)

College Coordinators

1. Lincoln Riley, 32 (Oklahoma OC)
2. Sonny Cumbie, 34 (TCU Co-OC / QB coach)
3. Kendal Briles, 33 (Baylor OC)
4. Matt Luke, 39 (Ole Miss OC/AHC)
5. Doug Meacham, 50 (TCU Co-OC)
6. Eric Morris, 30 (Texas Tech OC)
7. Mike Yurcich, 38 (Oklahoma State OC)
8. Eliah Drinkwitz, 31 (Boise State OC)
9. Jake Spavital, 30 (Texas A&M OC/QB)
10. Bill Gonzales, 44 (Mississippi State OC
11. Tony Franklin, 58 (Cal OC)

NFL Coaches

1. None

A big NO for Jake Spavital!

Current College Head Coaches

1. Dino Babers, 54 (Bowling Green)
2. Jeff Brohm, 44 (Western Kentucky)
3. Tom Herman, 40 (Houston)
4. Philip Montgomery, 43 (Tulsa)
5. Matt Rhule, 40 (Temple)
6. Matt Campbell, 35 (Toledo)
7. Justin Fuente, 39 (Memphis State)
8. Doc Holliday, 58 (Marshall)
9. Todd Monken, 49 (Southern Miss)
10. Ruffin McNeill, 57 (East Carolina)

College Coordinators

1. Lincoln Riley, 32 (Oklahoma OC)
2. Sonny Cumbie, 34 (TCU Co-OC / QB coach)
3. Kendal Briles, 33 (Baylor OC)
4. Matt Luke, 39 (Ole Miss OC/AHC)
5. Doug Meacham, 50 (TCU Co-OC)
6. Eric Morris, 30 (Texas Tech OC)
7. Mike Yurcich, 38 (Oklahoma State OC)
8. Eliah Drinkwitz, 31 (Boise State OC)
9. Jake Spavital, 30 (Texas A&M OC/QB)
10. Bill Gonzales, 44 (Mississippi State OC
11. Tony Franklin, 58 (Cal OC)

NFL Coaches

1. None

No Lane Kiffin [ducking and running...]?

Bring back G-Rob:)

Every week teams that have less talent than SU, as defined by the ever-popular recruiting rankings, score tons of points against "more talented" teams.

I mean Greg Robinson beat Louisville in 2007, which was ONE YEAR removed from UofL's 12-1 season with Petrino at the helm. I assume they were much more "talented" than us that season.

Just give me someone that fits Syracuse and plans on building this thing back up and staying a long time. I will take 7-9 win seasons consistently with competing for an ACC title every couple years. Could care less about splash, offense or defense. Give me someone that's going to say "I want the Syracuse job and I plan on staying till the job is finished". Let's get the right guy for us and let's get this program back to where it used to be!

It's all hope and hire regardless of who is brought in. There are no givens, just try to do the best job in the process to hope you hire the best guy. It's almost like you want a dollar figure that can guarantee success.

No, but I'd wager there is a strong correlation between coach's pay and program success.

2.25MM would still rank us in the bottom half but at least we wouldn't be looking up at everyone...

The next problem is what they would be willing to pay if the next head coach and staff is a real keeper

You guys are nuts, it will be an offensive guru for sure.

Jim Fassel is the hire.

2.25MM would still rank us in the bottom half but at least we wouldn't be looking up at everyone...

Lots of good coaches right now in the 2-2.25 mil range which makes me think we can hire promote and pay to that level. Some guys at 3 mil I wouldn't pay 3k for. Crap shoot. Just need to see what is out there. Some guys well below 1 mil as well that have promise.