nassib's last 5 games | Syracusefan.com

nassib's last 5 games

Millhouse

Living Legend
105-170, 1496 yards, 12 TD, 1 Int, 158 qb rating

i guess that's decent.

in 06-08, their leading qb only had 13, 11 and 13 td for the whole year

he's obviously way better than I thought he'd be but I still maintain anyone who thought they saw anything like this coming the previous two years is still on crack.

Let's be honest, we're ALL full of on this board.

Sometimes we get lucky and something we say turns out to be true, and sometimes we don't and we end up being totally wrong.

The same people crowing that they knew it all along (whatever the "it" may be) were the same people totally wrong about something else not so long ago. And vice versa.

i guess that's decent.

he's obviously way better than I thought he'd be but I still maintain anyone who thought they saw anything like this coming the previous two years is still on crack.

Robinson recruited Nassib on a a tip from Dick Vermeil. So the story goes anyways.

i guess that's decent.

I've always been an Alec fan but was never as high on Nassib. His mistakes made it too easy to overlook what an incredible passer he's turned out to be. That first down throw on that last drive to Lemon was an NFL throw and a beaut the way he placed it in there. As were many other throws. By limiting his oh so obvious errors he's going to be remembered more fondly than not most likely which I never would have believed.

Working the field now, throwing the ball now, doing away with the jitters has made him tough to beat. Glad he's our guy going forward which I cannot believe I find myself writing. Good for him, kid deserves it with his hard work and what he's been through.

Let's be honest, we're ALL full of on this board.

Sometimes we get lucky and something we say turns out to be true, and sometimes we don't and we end up being totally wrong.

The same people crowing that they knew it all along (whatever the "it" may be) were the same people totally wrong about something else not so long ago. And vice versa.
that's why we watch the games. if we knew what would happen, we wouldn't bother. except for upprdeck. he actually knows what will happen. then he comes up with something crazy after the fact to make the rest of us feel better.

I've always been an Alec fan but was never as high on Nassib. His mistakes made it too easy to overlook what an incredible passer he's turned out to be. That first down throw on that last drive to Lemon was an NFL throw and a beaut the way he placed it in there. As were many other throws. By limiting his oh so obvious errors he's going to be remembered more fondly than not most likely which I never would have believed.

Working the field now, throwing the ball now, doing away with the jitters has made him tough to beat. Glad he's our guy going forward which I cannot believe I find myself writing. Good for him, kid deserves it with his hard work and what he's been through.

I think that with Nassib, having a quality OL in front of him was key. He didn't have that the first three years [two of which he started]. Now that he's getting better protection and can stand in the pocket and let things develop, he's been great. Not a world beater / trancendent talent, but a very, very good college QB.

Which is a welcome change after the decade long futility we had post-McNabb.

both of them got better at the same time which made both of their respective improvements look that much more shocking.

i don't mind that people have fun with my "hey why do we have bad games when lemon has good games" posts because it's pretty funny that it was the exact moment that lemon turned into the greatest of all time

I think that with Nassib, having a quality OL in front of him was key. He didn't have that the first three years [two of which he started]. Now that he's getting better protection and can stand in the pocket and let things develop, he's been great. Not a world beater / trancendent talent, but a very, very good college QB.

last 5 games is pretty world beatery. (except for cincy which i didn't get to see.)

it's pretty funny that sunseri is having an excellent year. it's not doing much for pitt (they lost to UConn?? I didn't even notice til now). would've never expected them to be 4-6 if i knew that sunseri would have a very good year

The OL improvement is a good point. Wasn't Nassib sacked some 50x once before? This year he's only been sacked 14 times.

IMO one of the biggest changes for Ryan has occurred during the season. Over the last 5 or 6 games he doesn't appear to be scared - no happy feet. He's standing strong in the pocket right up til the last mili second.

I think this has been a huge positive as guys have come open from their patterns and he's made some big throws with DLine right in his face. Earlier in the season he would've been tucking and running or just taken the sack.

There was an article a few weeks back about the lack of QB prospects in the draft so the Bills may go LB in the first round and take a 3rd or 4th on a QB to put behind Fitz. The name that came up was Nassib. At first I was like ehhh no...but now, not gonna lie, I think Nassib might be one of the best available QBs in this draft after Barkley and Geno and even those guys arent remotely close to a guarantee. Every other teams messageboard seems to think we have a really good QB after we play them, maybe we just have reverse homerism.

I think this is really it. Along with Nassib just getting better over his 3 years as a starter, having a functional OL, decent running game and a couple of good WRs has made a WORLD of difference.

It actually makes me optimistic for the future of the offense. Not to diminish Nassib at all, he's proven to be a good college QB when everything else around him is good, but I suspect it'll be easier to recruit and develop the next Nassib than it's been to recruit and develop the next McNabb. I think we have a system in place that will give us at least a baseline of competence offensively.

There was an article a few weeks back about the lack of QB prospects in the draft so the Bills may go LB in the first round and take a 3rd or 4th on a QB to put behind Fitz. The name that came up was Nassib. At first I was like ehhh no...but now, not gonna lie, I think Nassib might be one of the best available QBs in this draft after Barkley and Geno and even those guys arent remotely close to a guarantee. Every other teams messageboard seems to think we have a really good QB after we play them, maybe we just have reverse homerism.

everyone says there aren't that many prospects but it seems to me like there lots of guys much more ready to play than in the past where they ran entirely different offenses than they'd have to run in the pros. qbs are way more ready now.

if i just watched nassib the last 5 games, i'd think he's got a shot.

I've wrote this countless times and I'll write it again, qb's are very dependent on their supporting cast and if you put Nassib on USC and Barkley on SU I guarantee the "experts" would have switched their draft projections before the season even started.

that's why we watch the games. if we knew what would happen, we wouldn't bother. except for upprdeck. he actually knows what will happen. then he comes up with something crazy after the fact to make the rest of us feel better.
hey i did tell you all exactly what would happen in the USF game at half time. i didn't even bother this week it was so obvious. pretty clear if TO's are even we will win most games.

The OLine is playing great, and Nassib has grown a little between the ears. Both improvements complement each other and contribute to the other, but each is also differentiated and independent of the other. It's a lot of guys busting their tails to improve and become better, and it's paying off. Nassib is a joy to watch as is the entire unit.

I hope they are just as focused this week as they have been recently because when they count them up at the end of the year 7-5 looks and feels a lot better than 6-6, and Temple is capable of winning this game.

everyone says there aren't that many prospects but it seems to me like there lots of guys much more ready to play than in the past where they ran entirely different offenses than they'd have to run in the pros. qbs are way more ready now.
if i just watched nassib the last 5 games, i'd think he's got a shot.
Theres not that homerun QB in this draft though. There was Luck and RG3 last year, this year are people really jumping over each other to draft Barkley or Geno? After those two guys I think you could put Nassib in the next tier of QB's.

Theres not that homerun QB in this draft though. There was Luck and RG3 last year, this year are people really jumping over each other to draft Barkley or Geno? After those two guys I think you could put Nassib in the next tier of QB's.
agree with that.

contrarians who liked to say "you know barkley might be better than luck and griffin" were on drugs

if i were an nfl gm, i'd draft qbs all the time. they're way too scared about getting every pick on the field, so they draft cornerbacks all the time. just go get a 3rd cb whereever, don't waste picks on them, they're all the same

The OLine is playing great, and Nassib has grown a little between the ears. Both improvements complement each other and contribute to the other, but each is also differentiated and independent of the other. It's a lot of guys busting their tails to improve and become better, and it's paying off. Nassib is a joy to watch as is the entire unit.

I hope they are just as focused this week as they have been recently because when they count them up at the end of the year 7-5 looks and feels a lot better than 6-6, and Temple is capable of winning this game.

I wonder if the "don't get hurt" thing was in his head thus expanding the happy feet? We could not afford to lose him before and maybe it's just in my head but not having him run in 2010/11 and avoiding injury was more important than some other areas and now he has full confidence in his line and is improving his step through and footwork. Now, to improve those 8 yard/screens in the Temple game and he'll be fixing some of the flaws he has shown in the past.

agree with that.

contrarians who liked to say "you know barkley might be better than luck and griffin" were on drugs

if i were an nfl gm, i'd draft qbs all the time. they're way too scared about getting every pick on the field, so they draft cornerbacks all the time. just go get a 3rd cb whereever, don't waste picks on them, they're all the same

Luck and Griffin were and are on a whole different level no doubt.

Man, you would think Nassib was the worst QB in the world his first two years. Considering the talent around him (see: mediocre OL and WR corps his first two years), he had a very good 2010 and 11. Maybe he was more game managerish during those years, but I attribute that to our style of offense and our relative strength and dependence on our RBs.

And for the record, it's a complete myth that he was ever mistake prone. If anything, he was more risk averse than anything. Look at his TD to INT ratio career wise. Always good to very good. He's undoubtedly improved this year, but as you know Milly, I have thought we have had a good QB all along. Never have understood the anti Nassib faction on the board

both of them got better at the same time which made both of their respective improvements look that much more shocking.

i don't mind that people have fun with my "hey why do we have bad games when lemon has good games" posts because it's pretty funny that it was the exact moment that lemon turned into the greatest of all time
Like many on this board I know manure about evaluating football talent. That being the case, it doesn't stop us from having an opinion. Its a sport not life and death decision making. Anyway I see Nassib as having strenghts and weakeneses. It's a case of puting him in situations that avoid his flaws and max his best.
Give him good pass protection or having him throw in not obvious passing/blitz downs is an example. Other wise his anxiety leads to bad things.
His bombs may stretch the field but he is seldom on target. And as deceptive as some of his runs have been he is not a fleet footed by any stretch.
His touch passes are not too good. Especially the 100 mph to a receiver 5 yards away. Or his fades to receivers in end zone.

But his 10 to 20 yard throws are money. Great arm and spot on. And he really has developed his FB IQ.

He could be NFL to a team that gives him protection and relies on ball control. Thank god SU has him as a QB.

All I know is that I'm terrified of having to replace Ryan, Alec and Pugh next season more than any three players in a long time. Even moreso than DC3, because at least we had an idea about what Ant brought to the table.

Yep, we're going into a bit of the unknown next year, no doubt. At least SU is talented and that's a good thing unlike some other years.