Nate Oats and Alabama | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Nate Oats and Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solid reference - figuring out mainstream neo-Keynesian economics was complete garbage and paying attention to Austrian School was a key step to understanding reality. I’ve shifted from that to being more in line with Michael Hudson, but reading guys like Hayek was the start.

I suspect most of the folks here would be enamored of MMT nonsense, so the distain for Mises is unsurprising.

John Cena Omg GIF

Only an Alabama headline would have marijuana listed more prominently than “multiple guns” in a dudes list of committed crimes. “He had multiple illegal firearms, but did you hear he had the DEVILS LETTUCE??”

I didn’t read the article so forgive me here, but having guns in a car is not necessarily a crime. The crime is weed possession. That’s what he was charged with. It’s a Misdemeanor

I didn’t read the article so forgive me here, but having guns in a car is not necessarily a crime. The crime is weed possession. That’s what he was charged with. It’s a Misdemeanor

I believe in Alabama, concealed carry without a permit is a crime but is only a fine.

The law was changed last year to permit concealed carry without a permit.
I assume loaded is OK then. That's what they found in this kid's car. 20g 32g of weed and three loaded handguns. Just another Saturday night in Tuscaloosa.

Last edited:
Only an Alabama headline would have marijuana listed more prominently than “multiple guns” in a dudes list of committed crimes. “He had multiple illegal firearms, but did you hear he had the DEVILS LETTUCE??”
I gotta think in some states yhe multiple guns lowers the drug penalty

Yea I just saw that change became effective 1/1/23.

Not enough info to determine legality of firearms, were they pistols or rifles, loaded or not loaded. If loaded inside a vehicle illegal pretty much everywhere. Transporting unloaded firearms, even several, is generally legal, assuming they are legally owned and not stolen.
Mere presence in a vehicle does not constitute concealment by itself.

Not enough info to determine legality of firearms, were they pistols or rifles, loaded or not loaded. If loaded inside a vehicle illegal pretty much everywhere. Transporting unloaded firearms, even several, is generally legal, assuming they are legally owned and not stolen.
Mere presence in a vehicle does not constitute concealment by itself.
Hey Dad hop in just throw those guns in the back seat ok make sure their loaded and the safeties are on.

I assume loaded is OK then. That's what they found in this kid's car. 20g of weed and three loaded handguns. Just another Saturday night in Tuscaloosa.
Where did you see that the guns were indeed loaded, because if true then illegal, not sure about level of crime in Alabama? Weed probably misdemeanor, loaded guns might rise to felony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom