Nate Oats and Alabama | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Nate Oats and Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.
You clearly haven’t been to Homewood, Hoover, or Mountain Brook. And suburbs of Huntsville.
Sure there are nasty areas in Alabama, but there’s a reason why people have fled the rust belt and upstate New York.
They’ll be back. When parts of the south and southwest run out of drinkable clean water….

"That situation is on me. We addressed as a team and as soon as I brought it up to them, they immediately understood how it could be interpreted and we all felt awful about it," Oats said. "They explained to me that it's like when TSA checks you before you get on a plane and now Brandon's cleared for takeoff."

I mean...Oats wants to come across as a naive idiot now? Its certainly one direction

"That situation is on me. We addressed as a team and as soon as I brought it up to them, they immediately understood how it could be interpreted and we all felt awful about it," Oats said. "They explained to me that it's like when TSA checks you before you get on a plane and now Brandon's cleared for takeoff."

I mean...Oats wants to come across as a naive idiot now? Its certainly one direction
I'm glad Oats kept it short and sweet. I was thinking he would say this whole pregame thing is on me. Not the driving a gun to the scene of a crime and blocking the victims car in though. That's on Brandon.

urnpublicidap.org7104ab515dfaf81ae09abf94f0bd3165NCAA_Alabama_Miller_Security_Basketball_87826.jpg

Brandon Miller's security detail.

Kid with the glasses is about to yoke the camera man up.
In Georgia, my kids basically look like the glasses kid. We don’t need the guard guy.
It’s weird.
Then again they’re in bed before 2:43 am.

Their refusal to take mid range jump shots last night did them in. You can’t be that stubborn in a one game scenario and continuously miss from the outside while being blocked at the rim.

Their refusal to take mid range jump shots last night did them in. You can’t be that stubborn in a one game scenario and continuously miss from the outside while being blocked at the rim.

I have more of a problem with them fouling down 2 late in the game rather than trying to play defense.

Ah, "the Twilight Zone"!

*Finally did them in.

I have more of a problem with them fouling down 2 late in the game rather than trying to play defense.
That was terrible as well. How many times do you need to get blocked before you try a pull go though?

I understand the modern metrics of 3 pointers & layups, but I think it’s really undervalued & missed how the best scorers of the basketball in the world, players like KD, LeBron, Devon Booker, even Carmelo… ALL have midrange as a significant part of their game. There is absolutely a time & place for it in a gameplan, it cannot be disregarded completely like Oates & Alabama have

I don’t know why I bother. If it’s not written by 23 yo gender studies grads at NY Times you won’t believe it but try this. You may learn something.

Solid reference - figuring out mainstream neo-Keynesian economics was complete garbage and paying attention to Austrian School was a key step to understanding reality. I’ve shifted from that to being more in line with Michael Hudson, but reading guys like Hayek was the start.

I suspect most of the folks here would be enamored of MMT nonsense, so the distain for Mises is unsurprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom