Nate Oats and Alabama | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Nate Oats and Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows, it’s entirely possible he likes the low expectations at bama, even though he is surpassing them each year. I don’t really think bama fans talk about basketball (good or bad) after the season ends because all eyes go back to football.
Maybe? Doesn’t seem like the kind of guy who would be bothered by high expectations though, based on public persona. I bet he ends up somewhere better than Bama within a few years.

How about Nick Saban?
Alabama football is pretty much the destination job though.

Plus he’s older and I assume his kids were already adults when he took that job?

Just judging from the outside - that’s a state that’s education is rated as one of or even the worst, plus it rates high on the scale for poverty, unemployment, obesity, etc. Plus the oppressive heat and humidity.

We could challenge Bama for Oats.

just whether we choose to or not.

The takes on Oats over the years have just been bitterness and clownish. He’s probably the best young coach in the sport
mostly by one poster

Half the board was acting like he was the joke of the year after UB beat cuse. Just bitterness.
He did call us soft, didn’t he? That’s not exactly going to win people over, lol. Personally I’m rooting against him every game at this point. But he’s not a “Hurley”, so I could easily change my attitude towards him if he was our coach.

He did call us soft, didn’t he? That’s not exactly going to win people over, lol. Personally I’m rooting against him every game at this point. But he’s not a “Hurley”, so I could easily change my attitude towards him if he was our coach.
We were soft. He reminds me more of our classic rivals than a new age dweeb like Hurley.

He’s got a mouth but he’s respectable and by all accounts a good man

He should want to coach in the ACC, if nothing else.
We have the best job after VA, Carolina, and Duke, who won’t be looking for quite a while.

That team is full of northeast kids too. You are doing Uconn and Nova a favor if you don’t make a big boy hire like him. Those kids he recruits down there would rather play for Syracuse and in front of 30k fans than be second fiddle to their cultish football program. There would be no rebuild we’d be stocked right away especially with the ACC being down.

Might not be the perfect fit for decades of sustained success but your guaranteed to get some exciting recruiting classes off the bat and respectable seasons.

Who is leaving millions and winning at an insane rate bc of the acc ? Who cares about that?
Not suggesting he should “leave millions.” If we are talking about getting him, it’s obviously with a competitive offer. And then, from there, yeah, if I want to be a great bb coach, I want to work in the best conference. And if I have millions per year and a choice, I don’t want to live in Alabama. That’s my pitch/argument. All things I would care about.

Not saying it’s all that realistic, because I don’t have confidence our AD will spend the money, and I haven’t been impressed by our NIL But, this is an Oats wishcasting theme, so that’s my fantasy. Let me have that, please.

Not suggesting he should “leave millions.” If we are talking about getting him, it’s obviously with a competitive offer. And then, from there, yeah, if I want to be a great bb coach, I want to work in the best conference. And if I have millions per year and a choice, I don’t want to live in Alabama. That’s my pitch/argument. All things I would care about.

Not saying it’s all that realistic, because I don’t have confidence our AD will spend the money, and I haven’t been impressed by our NIL But, this is an Oats wishcasting theme, so that’s my fantasy. Let me have that, please.
Hey I want the same thing too. He was my choice 3-4 years ago. I just think money is money and winning is winning. He has unlimited support and money there. Will be very tough to get even get close to the number they give him

What if he likes living in Alabama? I don't get the pitch, sure he lives behind a gate with golf and water and whatever he wants playing in a conference flush with cash at a school with big big boosters.

The time to get him IMO was when he was at Buffalo.

What if he likes living in Alabama? I don't get the pitch, sure he lives behind a gate with golf and water and whatever he wants playing in a conference flush with cash at a school with big big boosters.

I understand each individual word, but when aligned in that sentence, it just doesn’t compute.

Sorry, man—I’m a snob. Can’t fathom living amongst that demographic. And I say that with my family’s closest family friends being from there and their daughter living there now. Let’s just say it’s not for me.

I understand each individual word, but when aligned in that sentence, it just doesn’t compute.

Sorry, man—I’m a snob. Can’t fathom living amongst that demographic. And I say that with my family’s closest family friends being from there and their daughter living there now. Let’s just say it’s not for me.

OK, whatever.

OK, whatever.
I’ve insulted you?
Sorry. There are 47 states I wouldn’t want to love in. Bama just happens to be particularly objectionable. I have my reasons. Which likely wouldn’t affect you. So you got that goin’ for you. Which is nice.…

If they didn't come back from that defecit you know Cous cous had that pump up JB by trashing Oats agenda post ready to go,

And if we didn't come back from our deficit?

I don’t know he’s killed it recruiting at Alabama and has nothing to show. If he doesn’t make a final four this year it’s the perfect time for him to leave.

I also don’t think JB will push back on an external hire he’ll be calling marquee games for ESPN and watching his kids he’s Mr Syracuse but probably knows the ship has sailed on playing AD (which he obviously could have at plenty of times.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom