Nate Oats to Alabama | Syracusefan.com

Nate Oats to Alabama

If he signs a 3 year deal it will keep him employed until our job is available

But it doesnt make sense to stay since he’ll lose all of his players and they will be really bad for a few years. You tend to get forgetten in mid major life and you should strike when the iron is hot

Bullish on UB: How Nate Oats got his start and sustained Buffalo basketball’s success

“Ironically enough I grew up a Syracuse fan. Wisconsin wasn’t very good when I was younger,” Oats said in a telephone conversation Monday afternoon. “I graduated from eighth grade in ‘89, so go back to late 80’s when they had Derrick Coleman, Sherman Douglas throwing lobs to Stevie Thompson, Ronnie Seikaly, Billy Owens came in. I was a huge Syracuse fan. I had the Syracuse Starter jacket, the whole deal. I remember when Matt Roe transferred to Maryland I was all upset because all we needed was a shooter to win the National Championship.”

Guy has a lot of respect for what the dome means. I think a lot of the meat head dumb stuff he’s said in his interviews was just playing into the underdog scrappy culture he’s trying to build at UB

Good coaches reload, lets see what hes made of.
Yes but those are at P5 conference teams. He’s in buffalo. He got extremely lucky with this class of seniors to peak as juniors

Something also to consider. He just closed on a million dollar beachfront home. His wife is either recovering or still suffering from a form of cancer. He may actually be in buffalo or planning upstate for a while.

See what this guy can do long term (see Turner Gill). He beat a down SU team this year and that's it. The MAAC is a backwater league. Pitt could likely go undefeated in that league.

See what this guy can do long term (see Turner Gill). He beat a down SU team this year and that's it. The MAAC is a backwater league. Pitt could likely go undefeated in that league.

He slapped Ayton last year and nearly beat Coach Cal in the next round. Same team’s back this year. There’s 0 question in my mind, 2019 UB basketball is very legit.

He took over and continued a new annual tourney tradition. The question now is what happens when the seniors graduate and he has to recruit? I think UB would have been a 20-25 win team in the ACC this year as well. Reminds me of the old Marquette teams under buzz with juco and senior talent.

If he wins less than 18 next year we’ll have our answer. Not ready to name him the son in waiting yet.

Regrettably, Honey Bunches is leaving University of Rochester though.

i don't think ub is in a position to demand a substantial buyout. oats really has all the leverage. oats gets more money and ub gets a larger buyout for when he inevitably leaves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom