National Title Game Open Thread/Coaches Room Discussion | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

National Title Game Open Thread/Coaches Room Discussion

Wow. Great game. Just like last year. Congrats to Clemson.

I was rooting hard for Clemson. That was an incredible game.

Saban will blame the 'pick' plays on the Clemson touchdown routes.

I didn't realize Dabo was an Alabama alum. heck of a coach - still don't like him.

I've got to admit that they were clearly illegal. Can we do that next year?

Congrats Clemson, great game! Though I think the final TD pass was an illegal pick.
Not at all

First one perhaps

Second one, you cannot say the defender didn't initiate contact

What a game - AWESOME! Congrats to the Tigers! And thank goodness that we didn't have to hear the stupid S.E.C. chant!

I'm happy for Clemson. I remember in 2014 a Clemson fan, a truck driver who was lucky enough to have a delivery in Syracuse, bought a ticket to the Clemson game in the Dome and wound up sitting by me. They clobbered us but he was a real nice guy. We talked about the '95 Gator Bowl and how good SU was then and he predicted we'd be back. it gave me a good feeling for Clemson fans and I imagine he's a real happy guy tonight.

No question that this year the ACC was the best conference in the land and we are in the best division of it. If we can ever contend in this division, we'll be among the nation's elite.

Congrats Clemson, great game! Though I think the final TD pass was an illegal pick.
LOL at Watson calling it a "pick play" not once, but TWICE in his postgame interview

Not at all

First one perhaps

Second one, you cannot say the defender didn't initiate contact

I think they get away with the first one because the WR was pretending to put his hands up like he was just stopping his route and looking for the pass.

Second one, as you said, the defender CLEARLY initiated the contact.

Pick plays annoy the out of me, but by the letter of the law, the 2nd was definitely legal and I'd say the first probably was too.

I said it before the game started, Buffalo will draft one of the players from tonight's game at #10. Mike Williams, Watson, or one of the Bama defenders.

I spent the game saying Boulware must have known the Bama signals... The postgame interview thinking Boulware is on 'roids. Hell of a player either way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom