NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

You can read it that way, in which case the interpretation is much kinder to Kyrie. (1 was my initial thought, he has a strong feeling Lebron is leaving in the summer and wants to get out in front of it in some way).

I'd probably want to sit down and talk to the guy before I committed to him though

Besides all the valid points that have been made, the biggest indicator of future injuries is past injuries, and while Kyrie is only 25 (I think), he's been pretty beaten up.

I just can't elevate him to thinking he can really take a team on his back to the Finals. Just my opinion.

With that said, his heat checks are second only to Steph for me.

Besides all the valid points that have been made, the biggest indicator of future injuries is past injuries, and while Kyrie is only 25 (I think), he's been pretty beaten up.

I just can't elevate him to thinking he can really take a team on his back to the Finals. Just my opinion.

I agree, there is no way i can see Kyrie as the best player on a team in the finals. That said, he's the kind of guy that if you get there, he can absolutely win you a game if he goes supernova at the right time.

The health is indeed a concern with him.

I do think he can be the best player on a Finals team though, given that he's surrounded by the right guys. And he definitely can't be the only all-star caliber player.

At the end of the day though, I think he's one of the top 5 or so scorers in the NBA and a better passer than he's given credit for. The NBA has started to gravitate more towards ball movement based systems, but I think you can still construct a contending team around an elite scorer who can also distribute an adequate amount like he can IMO. Given his defensive woes, your margin of error building a team around him is smaller, but it can be done IMO.

Irving is a net positive in every statistical category when he is on the floor except TOs and ASTs.
I would like to see him get his assist numbers up a bit but that just has never been his game.

He's a player every team in the league would want. Can he lead a team to a title?
No, but that's not a knock on Irving.
Every contending team is absolutely loaded starting from the top with the Warriors. We're in the era of the superteams.

Speaking of superteams ... I really want this rumored Melo to OKC trade to go through. I don't care about the logistics.
Make it happen.

Kyrie is awful defensively and the metrics state he become worse 3 years in a row.

I know people like to poo poo advanced metrics, but he had about the same value as Demar Derozan and Otto Porter last year.

Where will LeBron James play in 2018-19?

#Cavaliers +250

#Lakers +275

#Celtics +700

#Spurs +1000

#Rockets +1000
goo.gl/kxJNRZ

#Cavaliers +250

#Lakers +275

#Celtics +700

#Spurs +1000

#Rockets +1000
goo.gl/kxJNRZ

Lakers. No shot for the C's. Way more likely with Beal/Wall and the wiz kids.

Lakers. No shot for the C's. Way more likely with Beal/Wall and the wiz kids.
Wiz won't have cap space ever.

Neither will Boston unless they dealt Horford.

Good read from Woj regarding the Kyrie situation as well as mentioning the reason that Paul George isn't a Cav now.

Woj: Teams want Kyrie Irving, the question is, 'How much?'

Basically says Indiana insisted on the Cavs including an unprotected 1st round pick; Cleveland insisted on it being lottery-protected.

I wonder if they should have just done it. There's every chance in a few years that's going to be a valuable pick, but if you add George to that roster, you have a shot against the Warriors, right?

I wonder if they should have just done it. There's every chance in a few years that's going to be a valuable pick, but if you add George to that roster, you have a shot against the Warriors, right?

Eh, I really don't think flipping Love for Paul George brings them much closer to beating Golden State. I just think the gap between the two teams is huge no matter what.

If I'm Cleveland, I'd be nervous as hell (especially if they had even an inkling of the idea that Kyrie was unhappy there) that I make that trade, and by next season, I have a team of like:

PG: Frank Ntilikina
SG: JR Smith
SF: Cedi Osman
PF: Tristan Thompson
C: Willy Hernangomez

and no first round pick or title to show for what would certainly be a horrific season.

Eh, I really don't think flipping Love for Paul George brings them much closer to beating Golden State. I just think the gap between the two teams is huge no matter what.

If I'm Cleveland, I'd be nervous as hell (especially if they had even an inkling of the idea that Kyrie was unhappy there) that I make that trade, and by next season, I have a team of like:

PG: Frank Ntilikina
SG: JR Smith
SF: Cedi Osman
PF: Tristan Thompson
C: Willy Hernangomez

and no first round pick or title to show for what would certainly be a horrific season.

George is at least a really good, if not great, 2 way player. You put him and Lebron together on the wings, I dunno, I could see them having a shot, like maybe 40/60 against or something?

There's a very good chance they're going to be pretty bad in a year or two, but I'd at least like to go down swinging. I think.

Of course Indiana wanted a non-lottery protective draft pick they clearly wanted draft picks in trades for Paul George. Oh wait all they got from OKC was an overpaid Victor Oladipo and Domantas Sabonis with no picks.

Indiana for one year of Paul George got what OKC got for one year of Serge Ibaka.

That Paul George trade was amazing level bad. Prichard should be fired for that trade.

Of course Indiana wanted a non-lottery protective draft pick they clearly wanted draft picks in trades for Paul George. Oh wait all they got from OKC was an overpaid Victor Oladipo and Domantas Sabonis with no picks.

Indiana for one year of Paul George got what OKC got for one year of Serge Ibaka.

That Paul George trade was amazing level bad. Prichard should be fired for that trade.

Yeah, they clearly just have a hard-on for Oladipo and or Sabonis the way the Kings did with Buddy. Love, even without a pick attached, is a far more valuable piece than those two guys are IMO.

Yeah, they clearly just have a hard-on for Oladipo and or Sabonis the way the Kings did with Buddy. Love, even without a pick attached, is a far more valuable piece than those two guys are IMO.

Love was going to Denver, but maybe you could say the same thing about Gary Harris?

Love was going to Denver, but maybe you could say the same thing about Gary Harris?

Yeah, I think the deal was that Indiana was going to flip Love for Harris while keeping the Cavs 1st round pick right? I'd easily take Love or Harris over the guys they ended up with.

Yeah, I think the deal was that Indiana was going to flip Love for Harris while keeping the Cavs 1st round pick right? I'd easily take Love or Harris over the guys they ended up with.

Yeah I believe thats correct.

And I have to say, Gary Harris is a sneaky really good player.

#Cavaliers +250

#Lakers +275

#Celtics +700

#Spurs +1000

#Rockets +1000
goo.gl/kxJNRZ
for nearly 20 years on here Ive tried to bring humor, do you think just 1x you guys could humor me and put the Knicks at say + 375??

If Cleveland has to trade Kyrie I wonder what LeBron would want back.
Would Minnesota trade Wiggins for Kyrie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom