NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Is it a potential hot take to say if they play the Warriors Crowder gets more minutes than Love?

It's possible, but I doubt it'll happen. I may overrate Love though. I just think he's too good to take off the floor for a role player.

It's possible, but I doubt it'll happen. I may overrate Love though. I just think he's too good to take off the floor for a role player.

Love is real good, just in that matchup. I dunno.

For better or worse, LeBron James and Isaiah Thomas are now joined at Thomas' fragile hip

I have a buddy, who is also an SU grad, who had a similar injury. He's older than IT, and was so at the time he had the injury. He's given up playing hoops altogether at this point, and he used to play 3-5 times per week.

This is a very serious injury that will likely impact IT for the rest of his career.

I have a labral tear in my shoulder. Hurts like heck sometimes, and is totally manageable other times. But I don't walk or run on my hands...

Isaiah is a lot more hurt than Celtics fans were led to believe.

That press conference he looked somber and the Cleveland GM shut down questions about the hip.

Poor Isaiah I hope he gets paid.

So maybe the Cavs doctors were right?

Isaiah is a lot more hurt than Celtics fans were led to believe.

That press conference he looked somber and the Cleveland GM shut down questions about the hip.

Poor Isaiah I hope he gets paid.

I hope so, too. Imagine him playing as a complementary player alongside LeBron, instead of having to be the go-to guy as he was in Boston. I'm a lifelong short person (and probably getting shorter as we speak), but you don't win rings with 5-9 alpha doggs.

I hope, for his and the Cavs' sake, that Isaiah gets right, but they'll be fine. Crowder's an excellent addition. Korver's back, so are Love, Swish, Thompson. They added Derrick Rose, who they don't need to be an all-star, just capable and healthy. The Cavs, I'm sure, would love to bid adieu to Shumpert, no luck so far. Sorta expecting the wunderkind gm to use the Nets' lottery pick as part of some blockbuster deal (LBJ and Anthony Davis? Heart be still!).

Who knows, maybe this 6-8 Turkish kid who was drafted in 2015 along with Rakeem is ready to come in and give the Cavs some minutes. He looks capable.

SI and ESPN have begun unveiling their top 100 lists. SI doesn't include rookies while ESPN does.

Top 100 NBA Players of 2018: 100-31

#NBArank: Our countdown of the Top 100 begins

Some notable ones that have been unveiled so far (SI on left, ESPN on right)

Carmelo (37/64)
Lonzo (NR/63)
Dennis Smith (NR/75)
Markelle Fultz (NR/86)
Devin Booker (64/60)
Andrew Wiggins (50/57)
Isaiah (40/not revealed yet)
DeRozen (36/not revealed yet)

SI and ESPN have begun unveiling their top 100 lists. SI doesn't include rookies while ESPN does.

Carmelo (37/64)
Lonzo (NR/63)
Dennis Smith (NR/75)
Markelle Fultz (NR/86)
Devin Booker (64/60)
Andrew Wiggins (50/57)

75 for Dennis Smith seems super aggressive, no? Like, him ahead of Fultz?

75 for Dennis Smith seems super aggressive, no? Like, him ahead of Fultz?

I love Dennis, but I think it's pretty silly. Honestly doesn't feel right including the rookies at all. Putting Lonzo ahead of Carmelo for example is mind boggling to me.

In all likelihood, the only rookie that will have a positive impact on their team as a rookie is the Clippers PG 30+ year old PG.

Putting Lonzo ahead of Carmelo for example is mind boggling to me.
Yeah, but that's gonna generate CLICKS.

Has Lavar weighed in yet? That'll fuel the flames too.

Yeah, but that's gonna generate CLICKS.

Has Lavar weighed in yet? That'll fuel the flames too.

I'm sure Lavar will say something about how Lonzo not being ranked high enough, should be top 10 at least, etc.

I love Dennis, but I think it's pretty silly. Honestly doesn't feel right including the rookies at all. Putting Lonzo ahead of Carmelo for example is mind boggling to me.

In all likelihood, the only rookie that will have a positive impact on their team as a rookie is the Clippers PG 30+ year old PG.

I guess you have to be putting a lot of stock in summer league to have Smith ranked where he was, which I think is dumb, but then I realized based off how good Lonzo was in summer league I don't have a problem with him being the highest ranked rookie. So I kinda twisted myself into a pretzel here

By the way, going back to the Lowry vs. Kyrie debates from before, Sports Illustrated ranked Lowry ahead of Kyrie. #19 versus #21

By the way, going back to the Lowry vs. Kyrie debates from before, Sports Illustrated ranked Lowry ahead of Kyrie. #19 versus #21
It's subjective.
Al Horford at 30 is way too high and I would take Kyrie over Hayward who was 16.

I don't believe NBA GMs next year would take Lowry over Kyrie

It's subjective.
Al Horford at 30 is way too high and I would take Kyrie over Hayward who was 16.

Well of course it's subjective lol. Guessing at which an NBA GM would prefer is even less than subjective.

Also, they have Damian Lillard and Mike Conley ahead of both of them.

Carmelo (37/64)
Lonzo (NR/63)
Dennis Smith (NR/75)
Markelle Fultz (NR/86)
Devin Booker (64/60)
Andrew Wiggins (50/57)

There aren't 63 guys that would be traded for Carmelo, all things being equal.

My biggest gripe is if they put Harden or Russ in the top four instead of Bron, KD, Kawhi and Steph. I'm willing to accept that KD, Kawhi and Steph can be shuffled in some order for spots 2-4 (behind Lebron), but not that Russ or Harden should be ahead of any of them.

Fwiw on Melo, this past year, the Knicks were actually better with him off the court. Don't want to make too much of it, just throwing it out there.

ESPN's released their #11-30 rankings and also have Lowry ahead of Kyrie for this upcoming season. #21 versus #25. John Wall #15 as well.

and SI had Wall at #13.

ESPN's released their #11-30 rankings and also have Lowry ahead of Kyrie for this upcoming season. #21 versus #25. John Wall #15 as well.

and SI had Wall at #13.

Not like it's the final word or anything, but it's good to see other people validating my opinions.

Like I said before, I'm very interested to see Kyrie without Lebron covering for him.

It's subjective.

Hayward is wayyy better than Kyrie IMO.

Hayward averaged .2 win shares per 48 minutes. Kyrie averaged .17. BPM was 4.2 for Hayward and 2.6 for Kyrie.

I think Kyrie is the better scorer, but Hayward is better at everything else. It's probably good Kyrie is going to play with another good forward because if he didn't I think he wouldn't win many games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom