NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

I just think that's crazy talk. But if you want to keep waiting for Anthony Davis, knock yourself out.
Butler isn't a top 10 player but whatever I am crazy I guess.

I am not overpaying for Jimmy Butler.

Let's say Millsap signs with a WC team.

Haywards stays.

Toronto better retain Lowry.

The Eastern Conference All-Star team next season is going to feature "all-stars" of an unprecedented profile.

i mean Kyrie could become available a year from now if LeBron leaves.

I would rather hold onto assets for him over Jimmy Butler.

Players wil become available. I don't think Butler is worth overpaying and the fact Ainge stayed away from him this offseason says the same/

From Jeff Goodman

Most of the NBA execs I have talked to since Paul George trade feel that Kevin Pritchard was just too hell-bent on keeping George out of Eastern Conference; made it emotional instead of taking the best offer.

From Woj

Pacers wanted Crowder, Smart and multiple 1st Rounders including atleast one Lakers/Kings or Nets pick from Celtics.

Boston wasn't ready to close deal before signing Hayward.

Butler isn't a top 10 player but whatever I am crazy I guess.

I am not overpaying for Jimmy Butler.

I agree he isn't. I don't think you need to get back a top 10 player for Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum.

Also: Who are the top ten players in the league and when exactly do you think any of them will be available in a trade? If that's what you're waiting for, it's going to be a long wait.

Last edited:
Trust the process, baby, 76ers pick up a solid vet.

Speaking of solid vets, Cavs may pick up Zach Randolph. Nice bench player.

And, praise Jah, the Cavs apparently are looking to jettison Iman Shumpert, maybe ship him to Houston or elsewhere in a cap move. Love Iman's hair, his defensive intensity, his hot wife, but he won't be missed.

Last edited:
The Redick move is interesting, I wonder if there were no 3 or 4 year deals for him? Good move for Philly tho

I agree he isn't. I don't think you need to get back a top 10 player for Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum.

Also: Who are the top ten players in the league and when exactly do you think any of them will be available in a trade? If that's what you're waiting for, it's going to be a long wait.
Kyrie will be available the second LeBron leaves Cleveland.
Cousins will be available next offseason.

I am just not a fan of Jimmy Butler. For the compensation it would have taken. If George wasn't a rental Ainge would have paid for him.

I think Brown or Tatum could become all-star players.

I am just not a fan of Jimmy Butler. For the compensation it would have taken. If George wasn't a rental Ainge would have paid for him.

Where is Lebron going?

All speculation is to the LA Lakers.

Gilbert and LeBron are going to split. LeBron doesn't owe that ahole anymore.

I can't see Lebron dealing with the Ball's.

Worst trade of the last decade?

George Hill for Kwahi Leonard?

Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, filler for 3 unprotected draft picks?

Paul George for Victor Oladipo, Dama Sabonis?

All speculation is to the LA Lakers.

Gilbert and LeBron are going to split. LeBron doesn't owe that ahole anymore.

Amen.

I'd love to see LeBron head west next summer to team up with Magic, young Mr. Ball, the better of the two Lopez brothers, maybe Paul George, who knows.

Which segues to this: I'm not sure LeBron, et al., know yet what'll be next summer until next season plays out. Who knows, he may end his career in Cleveland.

But could you imagine how many Lakers #23 jerseys they could sell? Heart be still.

Worst trade of the last decade?

George Hill for Kwahi Leonard?

Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, filler for 3 unprotected draft picks?

Paul George for Victor Oladipo, Dama Sabonis?

Billy King's probably takes the cake, the George deal was really bad too.

Lonzo would be booted.

PG-13, LeBron sign in LA.
D-Wade takes a mid level exception.

Flip Lonzo for a veteran.

Lake Show is legit again.

Their going to boot him after one year, the Lake should would be really old.

I can't see Lebron dealing with the Ball's.
Quite the opposite. Lonzo, from all I can tell, is a special talent and good, well-adjusted kid. And his old man would be no problem. Magic can handle Lavar, LeBron can, too. He's jayvee squad material to them.

I think Butler is clearly better than Kyrie. Kyrie is terrible on defense.

Fair enough on Butler I guess. Just seems like a difference in evaluation. I am also way less high on the two guys Boston has already.

On Kyrie; he's signed for 3 more years, with the last year a player option. So if Lebron leaves next summer, Kyrie will be in the exact same position George is now in terms of contract status. Able to hit the market in a year

Quite the opposite. Lonzo, from all I can tell, is a special talent and good, well-adjusted kid. And his old man would be no problem. Magic can handle Lavar, LeBron can, too. He's jayvee squad material to them.

I'm not sure anyone can handle Lavar, he is a one in a million lunatic. I think Lebron is too old at this point to start on another team.

Billy King's probably takes the cake, the George deal was really bad too.
All 3 are criminally bad.
When I don't even include the Harden to Houston and Cousins to NOLA trades you know these are a tier worse.

I'm not sure anyone can handle Lavar, he is a one in a million lunatic. I think Lebron is too old at this point to start on another team.
LeBron isn't finishing his career in Cleveland is my guess.

He could have told them and they would have been more aggressive on PG-13 if he committed long term.

LeBron isn't finishing his career in Cleveland is my guess.

He could have told them and they would have been more aggressive on PG-13 if he committed long term.

I don't know where else he wants to go, Cle is still home. I just can't see him taking over another rebuilding job at this point, his best bet is probably to stay in Cle and build the best possible team that he can.

How does this guy continue to get paid?

Amir is just useless. He has made 35 million the last 3 years now.

God bless this guy.

I don't know where else he wants to go, Cle is still home. I just can't see him taking over another rebuilding job at this point, his best bet is probably to stay in Cle and build the best possible team that he can.
LeBron has a home in LA.
He could do business and make insane off the court Bank in LA-LA land.

Lakers could get Paul George, with Brook Lopez, Jordan Clarkson, Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, and Julius Randle as a core.

They would be a 2nd round playoff team atleast. Probably more with LeBron.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom