NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

if he was half the defender that mcw is, i'd join in on the "lonzo carter-williams" thing

Lonzo Ball: 29 Points/11 Rebounds/9 Assists
True. But he was playing a glorified college team in Phoenix. The kid has undeniable talent, I'm just curious how he will impact games agaisnt teams against teams with guards who can guard him one on one, like Kentucky and fox and Patrick Beverly.

8 year olds, dude
I don't know what this means..

Last I checked the Suns had Bledsoe, Chandler, Booker, Jackson etc. Those are NBA players.

I'm not saying Lonzo is the next superstar but after the best defender in the NBA shut him down everyone wanted to say Lonzo couldn't put up numbers in an NBA Regular Season game. Well... he just did.

After that Kentucky game I wanted no part of Lonzo but now I'm stuck with him so I hope he can get somewhere close to a Jason Kidd type career.

Lonzo Ball: 29 Points/11 Rebounds/9 Assists

I watched the entire game...good lord those two teams are horrific lol. The last 5 minutes in particular Phoenix literally just let Lonzo walk down the center of the paint for layups over and over. There was also a possession where Phoenix had two people covering Brandon Ingram in the corner and they talked to each other and decided that both of them should run away from him and just gave him a wide open 3 lol.

Last I checked the Suns had Bledsoe, Chandler, Booker, Jackson etc. Those are NBA players.

I'm not saying Lonzo is the next superstar but after the best defender in the NBA shut him down everyone wanted to say Lonzo couldn't put up numbers in an NBA Regular Season game. Well... he just did.

Lonzo will absolutely put up numbers. With the pace that the Lakers play at, their numbers are gonna be crazy inflated. The question is what he can do in the half-court. Last night was better, but he still hasn't shown much. He at least made Phoenix pay for leaving him wide open; that's pretty big that he proved they can't just give him the Rubio treatment.

i watched much of the game . . . it was a pillowfight between the two worst teams in the western conference in which defense was mostly just a rumor

mcw put up big numbers at times, too. i like the "lonzo carter-williams" meme. except that mcw was and is a much better defender

I relly like Anthony Davis. strength and touch. Would love to see him on a contender to see him tested at the highest level.

Last edited:
When you are making $26 million per year there is no reason to play defense.
22555309_10159731000175268_2346122237977696081_n.jpg

I've watched a decent bit of NBA so far this season. If I was an alien from mars plopped down on earth and told to watch hoops, based on the season so far I'd say Giannis is the best player on the planet right now and no one else is even close. I'd probably think about that LeBron dude and how he stuffed Giannis one and one and say hmm, but other than that its Giannis all the way. He is as relentless as Westbrook but with more talent to impact the game in ,

I've watched a decent bit of NBA so far this season. If I was an alien from mars plopped down on earth and told to watch hoops, based on the season so far I'd say Giannis is the best player on the planet right now and no one else is even close. I'd probably think about that LeBron dude and how he stuffed Giannis one and one and say hmm, but other than that its Giannis all the way. He is as relentless as Westbrook but with more talent to impact the game in ,

Yeah man, he's been incredible. He might win Most Improved Player two years in a row lol

Been trying to watch OKC some this year.. and man has Russ been bad so far. Good stats but just awful with his shooting and boatloads of bad turnovers. Melo has been ok.. shooting up and down and rebounding way down. Paul George has not been great either.. jacking 3s non stop. Happy for Jerami as he has found a niche. Thunder have some depth but oddly are not using it well.

Edit- Russ now going nuts in crunch time tonight.

Last edited:
Man, Melo hits a 3 to give OKC the 1 point lead with 4 seconds left, only to have Andrew Wiggins hit a deep bank shot 3 at the buzzer to steal it... woulda been nice to see Melo get some shine there as a clutch shooter

Man, Melo hits a 3 to give OKC the 1 point lead with 4 seconds left, only to have Andrew Wiggins hit a deep bank shot 3 at the buzzer to steal it... woulda been nice to see Melo get some shine there as a clutch shooter

Love me some Timberloves. This was sick!

He will have plenty of chances this year.

Yeah that was nuts. Before late tonight Russ has been awful. They do seem to finding their way together. Paul George and Melo both struggling from 3.. especially George.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom