NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Love me some Timberloves. This was sick!

“This is why Melo will never win a ring. He could’ve blocked that shot if he tried but he only plays offense.”

One of the highest “liked” comments under that video on ESPN’s Facebook account.

I hate stupid people.

Ben Simmons is amazing. He is going to win ROY.

Also Markell Fultz jumper needs to be fixed quickly. The guy looks lost so far.

Seems like Fultz simply shouldn't be playing. If his shoulder hurts so bad that he has to throw that bullshit at the rim, it blows my mind that he's even on the court considering how careful they've been with everyone else. Something weird is going on there.

Man, impressed with Simmons as well. I didn’t know he had these point forward capabilities. His handle is sick too. Kind of reminds me of a more explosive Billy Owens when Owens was doing well early in his NBA days.

Man, impressed with Simmons as well. I didn’t know he had these point forward capabilities. His handle is sick too. Kind of reminds me of a more explosive Billy Owens when Owens was doing well early in his NBA days.
He's overshadowing Embiid.

We'll see how that goes.

So Giannis just passed KAREEM ABDUL JABBAR for most points in Bucks history through 4 games. Like every metric suggests that he's off to pretty much the greatest start in NBA history.

suddenly, it seems the talent imbalance between east/west comes down to sg & depth. the east forward rotation of lebron/giannis/porzingis/simmons is the equal of the west. kyrie & wall are not as exciting as curry & russ but not that far off. whiteside & embid (assuming he stays healthy) don't give up much at c. but at sg the east can only put up demar & beal, who really pale beside harden & thompson

So Giannis just passed KAREEM ABDUL JABBAR for most points in Bucks history through 4 games. Like every metric suggests that he's off to pretty much the greatest start in NBA history.

LeBron and co. had the most complimentary praise of Giannis before/after the game the other night. He was pretty much unstoppable.

He's overshadowing Embiid.

We'll see how that goes.

I’m just talking simply Simmons as a player and what he is doing. Not trying to devalue Embiid or anybody else. I could care less what he Sixers do.

I’m just talking simply Simmons as a player and what he is doing. Not trying to devalue Embiid or anybody else. I could care less what he Sixers do.
No I know, I just wonder how Embiid will handle potentially being the 2nd banana.

No I know, I just wonder how Embiid will handle potentially being the 2nd banana.

That’s a good question. You’re probably more familiar with that team than I am. They are both talents for sure.

It will be interesting to see how this last draft works out. Boston did well ditching Fultz imo.

Fultz is literally a completely different, and worse, player now than he was a year ago. Philly should inactivate him until his shoulder is better/he returns his mechanics to normal.

Did he actually throw it at him? Looks like they determine he didn’t, but it sure looked like it to me.

I remember Magic got 3 games for bumping a ref, and Van Exel got 7 games for hitting one with the fore arm shiver. I’d be even more pissed if someone threw a mouth piece at me than I would if they bumped or pushed me. Too disrespectful.

Sure seemed to me like he threw it at the ref. I guess he got off because A) it didn't actually hit him and B) he's steph curry.

Simmons is such a good passer though, it's not like he dominates the ball and shoots all the time. I think it should (should i say!) be fine.

Fultz is literally a completely different, and worse, player now than he was a year ago. Philly should inactivate him until his shoulder is better/he returns his mechanics to normal.

Ainge swindled them.

Ainge swindled them.
I didn’t realize Tatum was this solid.
It goes to show Coach K isn’t this genius he gets a ton of credit for.
He didn’t use Tatum correctly.

Fultz looks like Marcus Smart thus far. His jumper looks broken. He has to improve but he has a lot of work.

BTW I want to like Draymond Green as I respect his old schoolish type game but damn he makes it hard to like him.

The move by Jordan Bell wasn’t a big deal but Green has to continue saying DB things after the game like he wants wrestling heel heat.

I know Fireball isn't a fan of Steph, but it was a nice gesture of him to meet Devin Harris nephew last night who's father passed away...

I know Fireball isn't a fan of Steph, but it was a nice gesture of him to meet Devin Harris nephew last night who's father passed away...
Very nice (although not like a million athletes haven't done the same thing). I just think he's a whiny little biotch who gets preferable treatment from refs and the basketball public 'cause he looks 14 and comes from the 'burbs.

Draymond tosses a mouthpiece, particularly "in the direction of" a ref (a euphemistic way of saying "at), Draymond sits at least a game. Ditto for Carmelo, JR, Russ, LeBron, etc., etc., etc.

Steph tossed his mouthpiece and hit a fan last year. He's a serial mouthpiece tosser. He's gonna put somebody's eye out someday.

Very nice (although not like a million athletes haven't done the same thing). I just think he's a whiny little biotch who gets preferable treatment from refs and the basketball public 'cause he looks 14 and comes from the 'burbs.

Draymond tosses a mouthpiece, particularly "in the direction of" a ref (a euphemistic way of saying "at), Draymond sits at least a game. Ditto for Carmelo, JR, Russ, LeBron, etc., etc., etc.

Steph tossed his mouthpiece and hit a fan last year. He's a serial mouthpiece tosser. He's gonna put somebody's eye out someday.

The penalty should be he can’t play with a mouthpiece and might have to lose some teeth going to the hole against the trees!

There is no way in H-E-Double Toothpicks that LeBron would sit out a game. No chance. The rest, probably. But Bron gets the same preferential treatment you are complaining of here, but for different reasons (e.g. he's the greatest of all time in many people's minds).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom