NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

I get that they're getting slaughtered every game, but isn't that kind of the plan?

My only guess is that they at least want them to be learning defensive fundamentals while they lose. I've seen middle school teams play better defense than they've been playing.

Been trying to watch OKC some this year.. and man has Russ been bad so far. Good stats but just awful with his shooting and boatloads of bad turnovers. Melo has been ok.. shooting up and down and rebounding way down. Paul George has not been great either.. jacking 3s non stop. Happy for Jerami as he has found a niche. Thunder have some depth but oddly are not using it well.

Edit- Russ now going nuts in crunch time tonight.

Even when Westbrook was putting up great numbers last year this is what you get. Turnovers and low shooting percentage.

Okc has two former cuse .. thus no chance of a moving screen call on the opponent. Watching again.. That is a really poor miss by the officials. About as obvious as it gets.

Does the Pitt predator play for Minnesota?

There's losing, and there's losing 2 of the first 3 games by over 40
Have they named an interim yet? Ty Corbin is on that staff and would be a disaster for a young team. He'd rather lose with limited veterans he knows than lose by letting young players learn.

Have they named an interim yet? Ty Corbin is on that staff and would be a disaster for a young team. He'd rather lose with limited veterans he knows than lose by letting young players learn.

Jay Triano.

Bledsoe also tweeted "i don't want to be here". Seems like it's quite dysfunctional there.

Great shooter, whiny little biotch. Anyone else in the NBA does this, there'd be a day's worth of backlash, but because Steph is cute and his team's so good, he slides.

And Durant, enough with the ring finger. You weren't flashing that at any booing crowds when you were at OKC.

Great shooter, whiny little biotch. Anyone else in the NBA does this, there'd be a day's worth of backlash, but because Steph is cute and his team's so good, he slides.

And Durant, enough with the ring finger. You weren't flashing that at any booing crowds when you were at OKC.

Steph needs to be suspended for a few games.

Jay Triano.

Bledsoe also tweeted "i don't want to be here". Seems like it's quite dysfunctional there.

Can't wait for the Bledsoe-Bucks rumors to return! Should be fun.

If we trade Brogdon, Jabari, Middleton, or possibly Thon for him, I'm gonna be so upset.

Can't wait for the Bledsoe-Bucks rumors to return! Should be fun.

If we trade Brogdon, Jabari, Middleton, or possibly Thon for him, I'm gonna be so upset.
If the Bucks trade for gim, the Knicks can't.

What do you think they do with Parker? Time flies, I can't believe he can be a RFA next summer

If the Bucks trade for gim, the Knicks can't.

What do you think they do with Parker? Time flies, I can't believe he can be a RFA next summer

Ultimately, I think he signs an offer sheet and Milwaukee matches. We're probably hoping that with everyone using up all their cap space, we can sign Jabari cheap in the offseason, but ultimately, I think we'd match even if he gets the max from someone. I don't think anybody will offer a good enough asset for us to trade him, and we don't really have any path to acquiring a 2nd star to go with Giannis outside of:

1. Hoping Jabari develops into the 2nd star and stays healthy
2. Get really lucky on a draft pick

Ultimately, I think he signs an offer sheet and Milwaukee matches. We're probably hoping that with everyone using up all their cap space, we can sign Jabari cheap in the offseason, but ultimately, I think we'd match even if he gets the max from someone. I don't think anybody will offer a good enough asset for us to trade him, and we don't really have any path to acquiring a 2nd star to go with Giannis outside of:

There are so many situations like that, maybe the guy isn't worth the contract, but what else can you do with the money?

Jrue Holiday in New Orleans is a perfect example of this

LOL, Stein says Bucks interested in Bledsoe...

Yep. This was so obviously coming haha. I imagine Orlando will express interest too due to Hammond being their GM now.

I'm hoping we can get it done for Monroe's expiring + DJ Wilson or a protected 1st but we'll see. I'm slightly spooked that we might include Thon and I'd be legitimately pissed off if we included Brogdon.

Yep. This was so obviously coming haha. I imagine Orlando will express interest too due to Hammond being their GM now.

I'm hoping we can get it done for Monroe's expiring + DJ Wilson or a protected 1st but we'll see. I'm slightly spooked that we might include Thon and I'd be legitimately pissed off if we included Brogdon.

the Suns are super motivated to move him, so maybe you get lucky

Why would the Bucks want Bledsoe? Brogdon is better than him. Heck, I think Brogdon is better than Devin Booker too right now even if he is older. Plus you have Giannis to handle the ball and have shooters surround him like Lebron.

Last edited:
D Wade to the bench for JR. Sounds like a first step in realizing he's finished.

Would not surprise me to see the Jazz put an offer in.

Why would the Bucks want Bledsoe? Brogdon is better than him. Heck, I think Brogdon is better than Devin Booker too right now even if he is older, plus you have Giannis to handle the ball and have shooters surround him like Lebron.

I would personally hope that we would start both Brogdon and Bledsoe. But really, you're getting Bledsoe because he gives us someone that can create his own shot outside of pretty much just Giannis and the occasional Middleton. I absolutely would not trade Brogdon for Bledsoe, but if we can move Monroe's expiring contract and a protected 1st for Bledsoe or something like that, I'd do it in a heartbeat (and I love Monroe).

I could also see something like this happening:
Monroe, Delly, protected 1st for Bledsoe and Chandler

Would not surprise me to see the Jazz put an offer in.

I'm sure they'll be interested, but as it stands right now, I think they'd have to find some trade partners to clear the cap space to really make the Bucks nervous.

I would personally hope that we would start both Brogdon and Bledsoe. But really, you're getting Bledsoe because he gives us someone that can create his own shot outside of pretty much just Giannis and the occasional Middleton. I absolutely would not trade Brogdon for Bledsoe, but if we can move Monroe's expiring contract and a protected 1st for Bledsoe or something like that, I'd do it in a heartbeat (and I love Monroe).

I could also see something like this happening:
Monroe, Delly, protected 1st for Bledsoe and Chandler

I admit I'm not a huge Bledsoe fan, but that seems like a fair trade. He's never is healthy and he is going to have to cut his usage down in Milwaukee to make it work if it comes to that.

Man. I get pissed at refs all the time, but I could never be one. Because I would’ve punched Curry in the face if I was that ref.

Did he actually throw it at him? Looks like they determine he didn’t, but it sure looked like it to me.

I remember Magic got 3 games for bumping a ref, and Van Exel got 7 games for hitting one with the fore arm shiver. I’d be even more pissed if someone threw a mouth piece at me than I would if they bumped or pushed me. Too disrespectful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom