NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Very nice (although not like a million athletes haven't done the same thing). I just think he's a whiny little biotch who gets preferable treatment from refs and the basketball public 'cause he looks 14 and comes from the 'burbs.

Draymond tosses a mouthpiece, particularly "in the direction of" a ref (a euphemistic way of saying "at), Draymond sits at least a game. Ditto for Carmelo, JR, Russ, LeBron, etc., etc., etc.

Steph tossed his mouthpiece and hit a fan last year. He's a serial mouthpiece tosser. He's gonna put somebody's eye out someday.

I think I'd almost argue that he gets shafted by officials more than any player in the NBA. If refs called fouls for him the way they do any other superstar, other teams would have to start forfeiting games for running out of players. He's literally fouled multiple times on almost every single possession.

That doesn't mean that league goes soft on him with things like this throwing the mouthpiece BS though, but it's not the refs that give him preferential treatment.

The penalty should be he can’t play with a mouthpiece and might have to lose some teeth going to the hole against the trees!

Dolph Schayes had the arm-in-the-air celebration after scoring, Jordan had the tongue, Curry has the dangling mouth guard. I have a visceral reaction to this like Cosmo Kramer had to Mary Hart's voice. Poser.

Stephen-Curry-mouthpiece.jpg

Love Giannis, but how the heck did Kaminsky put him on skates last night...

Love Giannis, but how the heck did Kaminsky put him on skates last night...

Giannis just fell asleep for a second haha. He was standing straight up trying to deny an entry pass into the post and just let Frank go right by him.

Kaminsky certainly didn't put him on skates. He just dribbled in a straight line at a time when Giannis was napping. Really nice dunk though.

Your starting an expansion franchise right now and can pick one of Giannis, Anthony Davis, Karl-Anthony Towns, or who are you taking?

Embiid, Simmons, and Porzingis are good but not in this league yet.

Your starting an expansion franchise right now and can pick one of Giannis, Anthony Davis, Karl-Anthony Towns, or who are you taking?

Obviously a bit biased, but I'd pretty easily go with Giannis. I think this question should really boil down to him and AD.

Where would you put Gobert. Personally I would put him second next to Greek.

Obviously a bit biased, but I'd pretty easily go with Giannis. I think this question should really boil down to him and AD.

If the first week or so is any indication, Giannis is the run away pick.

It's ridiculous how young he is. Only a year older than Towns. About 18 months younger than Davis.

It's probably a little early for this, but Ben Simmons is gonna fight his way into this conversation sooner rather than later. I love KP, but I'm not sure he's earned being in this discussion yet. Though he's been very impressive scoring in the first 2 games of the year.

If the first week or so is any indication, Giannis is the run away pick.

It's ridiculous how young he is. Only a year older than Towns. About 18 months younger than Davis.

It's probably a little early for this, but Ben Simmons is gonna fight his way into this conversation sooner rather than later.

We'll see about Simmons. I don't think his ceiling is at the same level as Giannis/Davis' present-day level. I think he'll be a good one, but more of like a All-NBA 3rd team kinda talent rather than legit MVP candidate.

We'll see about Simmons. I don't think his ceiling is at the same level as Giannis/Davis' present-day level. I think he'll be a good one, but more of like a All-NBA 3rd team kinda talent rather than legit MVP candidate.

I'm not saying he's going to be better than those guys (yet) but I think he's gonna be awesome. I'd take him over Embiid, for instance. (Health plays a role here. But the dude had a triple double last night!)

Giannis, Davis, Towns - in that order. I think Giannis can do the most and when the chips are down I like the guy that can create off the dribble the best.

Gobert is a top 15 player.
I don’t think his offense right now puts in him in the league with those guys I listed.
Gobert is the best defensive big right now though.
My personal opinion is I think you underrate him. He was 2nd team all NBA last year and only getting better. He makes everyone around him much better.

My personal opinion is I think you underrate him. He was 2nd team all NBA last year and only getting better. He makes everyone around him much better.

Gobert is great but I think he is limited enough offensively to where he doesn't quite crack a conversation like this.

He is good. He just isn’t the offensive threat the other 3 are.

Shoulder injuries are the type of injuries that can screw a players shot up for a long time. All you have to do is look at MCW.

Ryan McDonough should be fired for asking the Knicks for Frank Ntikilina for Eric Bledsoe.

When I read that on Twitter I thought it was a joke.
It’s serious.

Eric Bledsoe is a nice player but he isn’t getting the Suns anything close to a lottery pick from last year.

This Brooklyn/Orlando game is incredibly entertaining for two terrible teams. Aaron Gordon with his best game as a pro.

This Brooklyn/Orlando game is incredibly entertaining for two terrible teams. Aaron Gordon with his best game as a pro.
Nets look like they could contend for a playoff spot.
They play hard.

Nets look like they could contend for a playoff spot.
They play hard.

Wish Lin stayed healthy, but they’re entertaining. Russell looks solid this year

Gordon was great tonight for the Magic(41 and 12).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom