NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 67 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Warriors 11-3 at Celtics 13-2 tomorrow.
Vegas doesn’t respect Boston as the Warriors are -7 in this game.
TNT got a good one.
Charles Barkley called the Celtics medicore after their last TNT game.
I wonder what he will say.
Celtics can earn respect nationally with a win.
I still take Cleveland right now but the Celtics could win mid 50s right now with how bad the East is.

A buddy of mine who is a Lakers fan said the Celtics could be like the Spurs of the East the next decade always competitive but unless Tatum or Brown develop into a top 10 player they wouldn’t get over the hump and win it all.
Btw read this blasphemy article I read.
Why Celtics Jaylen Brown is the next Kobe Bryant in the NBA

I think Brown is a future multiple time all-Star but he isn’t Kobe.

Again, that article is another guy trying to have a "hot take". It's just absurd

Putting Julius Randle on Joel Embiid with no double teams or help? If Byron did that?? SMH. Luke is making me wonder.

Randle has done a great job defensively against a lot of centers but putting him on Embiid with no help is a complete mismatch. Cmon.

Putting Julius Randle on Joel Embiid with no double teams or help? If Byron did that?? SMH. Luke is making me wonder.

Randle has done a great job defensively against a lot of centers but putting him on Embiid with no help is a complete mismatch. Cmon.

Love Embiid, on and off the court. Hope he can stay healthy. And Ben Simmons -- whoa, kid is good. Great to see the old Syracuse Nats franchise now in one of my favorite towns creating some buzz again.

[
Love Embiid, on and off the court. Hope he can stay healthy. And Ben Simmons -- whoa, kid is good. Great to see the old Syracuse Nats franchise now in one of my favorite towns creating some buzz again.

That was a damn clinic Embid put on last night, amazed at his footwork. Like you said, health is just such a big concern

Yup, both those guys are just phenomenal talents. I’d put those two right there with Davis, Towns, and Giannis as the best young players in the league to build around going forward. Hopefully Embiid stays healthy, I think he’s the most talented Center since Olajuwon.

Yup, both those guys are just phenomenal talents. I’d put those two right there with Davis, Towns, and Giannis as the best young players in the league to build around going forward. Hopefully Embiid stays healthy, I think he’s the most talented Center since Olajuwon.

My buddy KP says hi!

That said, I think you're pretty much right. The only issue with Embiid is the health. Because of that, you have to be wary. Otherwise, Embiid and Simmons is a scary combo

My buddy KP says hi!

That said, I think you're pretty much right. The only issue with Embiid is the health. Because of that, you have to be wary. Otherwise, Embiid and Simmons is a scary combo

Yup, don’t know how I forgot him. Throw him in there too.

Hindsight's 20-20, but it doesn't take hindsight to realize that someone needs to hire Sam Hinkie as GM ASAP.
What Hinkie did was smart to contend long term.
It’s just awful to do to paying customers.
The 76ers were trying to lose while still charging for ticket prices.

If the organization made tickets dirt cheap then tanking would make sense. Also it hurts competitive balance.
All teams should be trying to win.

You're right, Alsacs. However, those paying customers aren't complaining now. And there are a lot more of them.

Otto, no they haven't. But, if they stay reasonably healthy, they will likely win an NBA championship or two with Embiid and Simmons. And they have what Yogi Berra would call 'deep depth'. They are so much fun to watch right now. They're 8-6, with 10 out of those 14 being on the road. They're set up longterm.

And, assuming the Lakers aren't awful, they'll have their #1 this year.

You're right, Alsacs. However, those paying customers aren't complaining now. And there are a lot more of them.

Otto, no they haven't. But, if they stay reasonably healthy, they will likely win an NBA championship or two with Embiid and Simmons. And they have what Yogi Berra would call 'deep depth'. They are so much fun to watch right now. They're 8-6, with 10 out of those 14 being on the road. They're set up longterm.

And, assuming the Lakers aren't awful, they'll have their #1 this year.
I'm just saying, let's actually watch them accomplish something other than hype before vindicating Hinkie.

I like that he tried to do something different though.

My point, Otto, is that he has a real good eye for talent, and not just obvious talents. He saw something in Robert Covington and, for that matter, he saw something in Jeremy Grant. (Of course, there's also Noel and Okafor...) And many others. In other words, I think he's clearly an upgrade over several current GM's. My big concern is that I don't know if he can ever leave well enough alone. He's something of a trade-obsessive. But if you're trying to dig out of purgatory, you could do a lot worse. He's also a real interesting interview.

My point, Otto, is that he has a real good eye for talent, and not just obvious talents. He saw something in Robert Covington and, for that matter, he saw something in Jeremy Grant. (Of course, there's also Noel and Okafor...) And many others. In other words, I think he's clearly an upgrade over several current GM's. My big concern is that I don't know if he can ever leave well enough alone. He's something of a trade-obsessive. But if you're trying to dig out of purgatory, you could do a lot worse. He's also a real interesting interview.
Well my point is his talent has achieved very little.

Hey, and my point, as a long-suffering Philly fan (which is redundant, I know) is that at least watching both the Iggles and the Sixers is real fun right now. Championships are by no means guaranteed, but putting a watchable product out there is worthwhile on its own. Why would you, Otto, deny me this small and perhaps transient pleasure? You're a cruel, cruel man, Otto. A very cruel man. No soup for you!

So, speaking of health, I figured out why Kyrie seems so much better this year.

Kyrie Irving says going vegan has improved his play

Mega-kudos to Kyrie for going vegan, but I don't think his game at this point of the season is any better than it was a year ago. At this point last year, he had a higher scoring average, higher fg average, much higher 3-point percentage, more rebounds, almost the same assists per game.

Hey, and my point, as a long-suffering Philly fan (which is redundant, I know) is that at least watching both the Iggles and the Sixers is real fun right now. Championships are by no means guaranteed, but putting a watchable product out there is worthwhile on its own. Why would you, Otto, deny me this small and perhaps transient pleasure? You're a cruel, cruel man, Otto. A very cruel man. No soup for you!
I had soup for dinner tonight actually.

Warriors bench might be the most obnoxious after made shots in the NBA.

Mega-kudos to Kyrie for going vegan, but I don't think his game at this point of the season is any better than it was a year ago. At this point last year, he had a higher scoring average, higher fg average, much higher 3-point percentage, more rebounds, almost the same assists per game.
Did he have a broken face?

Warriors bench might be the most obnoxious after made shots in the NBA.

Marcus Smart with one of the unsmartest moves in the history of the NBA ... OK. of the decade, at least. If this costs Boston the game, ouch.

Marcus Smart with one of the unsmartest moves in the history of the NBA ... OK. of the decade, at least. If this costs Boston the game, ouch.

Yeah no clue what the hell he was thinking.
Celtics have too many turnovers on offense and they are lucky the Warriors are missing shots.

This will either be a blowout for the Warriors or the Celtics offense will wake up.

He's one of the dumbest guys ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom