NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Yeah.

Both in print today, and then in the game...it's great to see Basically a nobody...tell lebron to go fluck himself.

Its likeGraeme Lloyd throwing haymakers at the Orioles about 2 weeks after being traded for.
It was like an albatross soaring in from out of the bullpen, swinging sledge hammers...

I'm buying an Enes Kanter jersey...
turkish+delight.jpg

LeBron is the King but Enes Kanter is in a feud with the President of Turkey and banned from the country.

I think Kanter isn’t scared of LeBron as a result.

Pivotal moment in the game: Cavs getting annihilated in the second quarter, Lue counters the Knicks' Turkish expat by going way down the bench and turning to Cedi Osman, who came over this season from the Turkish League. Kanter no longer was the only Turkish player in the game (Osman's from Macedonia, but if I said that, it would kill my Turkish schtick).

BTW and FWIW, Frankie's a nice young, raw talent and in a few years drafting him over Dennis Smith Jr. may turn out to be a genius move, but, granted we're only a month into the season, from what I've seen of Smith so far, he would've looked great with the Knicks, accelerated their rise back from the depths, and been a huge fan favorite. The kid's so NBA-ready.

Tough loss for the Knicks... James showed why he is truly the King by shutting down KP by himself in the 4th quarter. KP needs to not force it if he’s not feeling it and look for teammates. Without their main option the Knicks were toast. Having said that if KP had hit those three free throws at the end of the game it would have been a different outcome.

Frank proved Lebron right tonight... not saying he won’t be good or not in the long run but right now he doesn’t offer much against good teams on offense. The Cavs were playing 5 feet off of him because they know he’s not going to hurt them either via the pass or penetration. If Frank is going to close games he needs to start being at least a theat on offense so Knicks aren’t going 4 on 5. I knocked Hardaway the other day for not earning his contract but he did put up points in a big game. I’m still concerned about whether he can close games but that’s a team thing... the Cavs are waking up from their early season slumber and they weren’t going to go down easy. I think Lebron started the Nitlikina nonsense to get the Knicks fired up so that would I turn fire himself and his team up.

As everyone has said... this is the most fun Knicks team since the Spree era. They need a point guard if they are going to do anything this year though.

Frank also had like 6 steals last night. Dude is everywhere on defense. He's going to be a monster on that end of the floor.

That's a tough L we took tonight, but it's fine. These guys have to go through the growing pains.

I love their moxy. I love the guys getting into it with Bron. KP and French Prince will be alright.

Let's get them in the playoffs.

That's a tough L we took tonight, but it's fine. These guys have to go through the growing pains.

I love their moxy. I love the guys getting into it with Bron. KP and French Prince will be alright.

First half was awesome, garden was JACKED

The inability to defensive rebound and get out on the three point line in the fourth killed them. By the time they got out on Korver he already had hit a couple in a row.

I just don't want another Shumpert. I "hope" Frank becomes good but Dennis Smith "is" good.

Is he? He's got a 47.4% true shooting. He shoots a lot and is going to make some flashy plays, but we don't need a score first PG.

Not that Frank is shooting well (he's doing even worse), but he's getting a ton of assists and he's already a nightmare on defense.

Frank also had like 6 steals last night. Dude is everywhere on defense. He's going to be a monster on that end of the floor.

Agreed and Frank will be a great defender for a long time. In addition, he may not ever be as dynamic on the offensive side of the ball as Smith, Monk or Fox but he is going to continue to develop at the point guard position. I think the Knicks chose wisely here, he may not be as NBA ready as the other 3 but really has a great upside and love how he has fit in so quickly. Fierce competitor and good teammate and lights don't seem to bright for him either. Defense can be undervalued as well. Knicks need to keep building a real team with good pieces. I really really like Frank as a player, tough too. They will love him in NY for a long time, IMO

Agreed and Frank will be a great defender for a long time. In addition, he may not ever be as dynamic on the offensive side of the ball as Smith, Monk or Fox but he is going to continue to develop at the point guard position. I think the Knicks chose wisely here, he may not be as NBA ready as the other 3 but really has a great upside and love how he has fit in so quickly. Fierce competitor and good teammate and lights don't seem to bright for him either. Defense can be undervalued as well. Knicks need to keep building a real team with good pieces. I really really like Frank as a player, tough too. They will love him in NY for a long time, IMO

And just for the record, Malik Monk is now shooting 34% from the field with a 45% true shooting. Fox is at 44.8% true shooting. Not like those dudes are ripping things up right now.

I've seen the Knicks have a million dudes who have scored and done nothing else over the last 15-20 years and it's gotten them nowhere. Give me a guy who can contribute on both sides of the ball.

Kanter earned Knicks fans respect with this move.

You know why I don't like LeBron? It's the continued whining he does to the ref after they are separated. Just goes on and on complaining, and it feels like he does it all the time.

There are thousands of reasons to like LeBron, but the whiny biotch stuff is just so overwhelmingly annoying...

end rant.

You know why I don't like LeBron? It's the continued whining he does to the ref after they are separated. Just goes on and on complaining, and it feels like he does it all the time.

There are thousands of reasons to like LeBron, but the whiny biotch stuff is just so overwhelmingly annoying...

end rant.

Couldn't agree more, like you said 1000's of reasons to like him but sick of the whining

end rant.
LeBron is a fellow millennial it makes sense he is what you said.
LeBron is a top 4 player alltime.
My generation is softer than people who grew up in the 80s.
Mind you millennials are good in other spots but we do act like we are entitled on everything.
Kobe/KG/Duncan are the last stars like Jordan generation.

LeBron is a fellow millennial it makes sense he is what you said.
LeBron is a top 4 player alltime.
My generation is softer than people who grew up in the 80s.
Mind you millennials are good in other spots but we do act like we are entitled on everything.
Kobe/KG/Duncan are the last stars like Jordan generation.

You realize Tim Duncan whined about every foul ever called on him?

He definitely had the popped out eyes on every call but Duncan was old school.

I have to imagine people have been whining about calls for as long as there have been calls being made. Every single game is on tv now so everything gets dissected a million ways from Sunday

end rant.

Worst thing is, he's the only one in the NBA who does.

He might've been raising the issue of why he got a T. The entire sequence began when Frankie slammed into LeBron and, after a shove or two more, realized it was futile, LBJ didn't move a centimeter, Frankie just bounced right off him. End of that experiment.

Then Kanter, figuring he'd try to get him a piece of LeBron, stuck his face in LeBron's, their noses might've been touching. LeBron exercised pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty impressive restraint letting Kanter stick his face an inch from his ... who knows what Enes had to eat, who knows if he flosses or brushes properly.

LBJ got a T 'cause one guy tried futilely to push him away, then another, bigger dude rushed in and got in his face and tried to intimidate him,. I guess, or play to the crowd. LeBron did respond, laying a whole lotta smack on Kanter, maybe some "bad words" that got him a technical.

LeBron makes faces a lot after calls -- or non-calls -- but he's far, far from being unique in that regard (Jordan, Bird, Steph Curry, Draymond, dare I say Carmelo, on and on and on). And a lotta time you see James talking to the refs during a break, like he did with Tony Brothers at one point last night, and you see there's a professional camaraderie, they appear to be more acquaintances and allies than foes. They know each other well, can reasonably talk to each other, they're all part of the same show biz machine.

Lebron def told Kanter to get the "f" out of his face. One of the benefits of sitting as close as I did.

Really, the entire sequence began when Lebron was talking about Dennis Smith.

Funny, I just realized this, but Lebron made those comments to take a shot at Phil; but this entire thing, with the comments to tweak guys on another team, are 100% right out of the Phil Jackson playbook.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom