NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 69 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Jerami Grant has quietly become a player. He’s easily having his best season, so far. He’s been solid offensively and defensively.

Nice!

I don't see Wes Johnson play very often, he looked pretty, pretty, pretty good last night against the Cavs: 15 points, 7 rebounds, 4 blocks, 4 assists, 3 steals, zero turnovers, 42:39 minutes. I realize time flies, I thought he mighta been in the NBA five years, no, the kid's in his eighth season. Megakudos to Wes!

Once again, at least the 600,000 time since I became acquainted with point spreads and over/unders way back in the day, I was astounded (not sure why) how brilliant the oddsmakers consistently seem to be. Cavs favored by 6 1/2 at home against Clippers, Cleveland comes from 15 or so down and game goes to OT. Cavs up 7 with 1.9 seconds left, Lou Williams throws a lob to DeAndre Jordan, he jams it, Cavs win by 5, all bets on that game are decided by a mostly uncontested basket with 1.9 seconds to play in a 53-minute game. The thrill of victory, the agony, and I do mean agony, of defeat.

Sixers slapping the Warriors around. Simmons with 18 points and 9 assists on 8-9 shooting at halftime. Wow.

Warriors and Celtics were down a lot after the first quarter and both came back and won by double digits.

Warriors play in Brooklyn tomorrow this comeback could lead to a let down tomorrow.

Warriors won the third quarter last night 47-15. My God.

If the Warriors don't go at least 16-2 in the playoffs, I'll be very surprised.

The only three teams I think can take games from them are:

Spurs (assuming healthy Kawhi with the game plan from last year)

Cavs (LeBron throws up a 40-20-10)

Cs (I think they'll come back to earth, but with Brad and that team, they can compete).

Houston, to me, is a regular season team.

One note, if the Cs had Hayward, I really think they could really have competed with any team in a series. Next year, they are going to be very scary. And kudos to Jaylen Brown. He is a fun player to watch.

Last edited:
Was a great comeback to watch. And Tatum is going to be fun to watch for a very long time. Must keep him.
Only way Tatum isn’t a Celtic long term is if Anthony Davis becomes available.
I like Tatum a lot and think he and Jaylen Brown are all star players but Anthony Davis a transformative player.

Talking with a buddy who is a Mavs fan said that if Cuban moved Dirk it would be to a contender and in the East.
Boston as a trade partner for Dirk makes sense as well.
He would be there for when Tatum hits the wall.

I would give a Boston first rounder for a Dirk rental.
His contract is for 5 million he could play 4 months in Boston and then go back to Dallas if he wanted to play.

Last edited:
Only way Tatum isn’t a Celtic long term is if Anthony Davis becomes available.
I like Tatum a lot and think he and Jaylen Brown are all star players but Anthony Davis a transformative player.
You’re absolutely right but i’ll be majorly salty if we give up Brown

You’re absolutely right but i’ll be majorly salty if we give up Brown
Ainge can’t give up both Brown and Tatum for Davis I would give up the lottery pick they are getting from the Lakers this year or Kings next year, one young stud and contract fillers.

Talking with a buddy who is a Mavs said that if Cuban moved Dirk it would be to a contender and in the East.
Boston as a trade partner for Dirk makes sense as well.
He would be there for when Tatum hits the wall.

I would give a Boston first rounder for a Dirk rental.
His contract is for 5 million he could play 4 months in Boston and then go back to Dallas if he wanted to play.

Really? He seemed so labored getting up and down the floor last night. The shot is still there, but I don't know about the rest.

Really? He seemed so labored getting up and down the floor last night. The shot is still there, but I don't know about the rest.
He is old but he is playing with a crap team.
Put on the Celtics he either starts or is offense off the bench.
He plays 15-25 MPG and gives you Tatum insurance.

The Celtics have to use that 8 million dollar hardship exception this year and I think Dirk is one of the options that would make sense for it.

I'm gonna keep pushing Kyle O'Quinn to the celtics.

The thing about Knicks is O'Quinn and Kanter are playing very well. Herangomez is a nice young talent and barely playing and they have Noah with his dead weight of a contract which they are in jail on. Would not be horrible. I see what you are getting at but O' Quinn is such a glue guy hate to lose him but if it makes sense I guess you have to. Noah is basically done or a 15-20 minutes at best

The thing about Knicks is O'Quinn and Kanter are playing very well. Herangomez is a nice young talent and barely playing and they have Noah with his dead weight of a contract which they are in jail on. Would not be horrible. I see what you are getting at but O' Quinn is such a glue guy hate to lose him but if it makes sense I guess you have to. Noah is basically done or a 15-20 minutes at best

O'Quinn is a fa at the end of the season (player option I assume he won't exercise). He's a good/solid player, but the Knicks have a lot of big guys.

I'm also assuming the Knicks kind of fall off the pace a little bit, if they continue to play well and are in the playoff race, maybe that's different. But if they could get some kind of a first for him, and open up playing time for Willy, I think you gotta do it,.

He is old but he is playing with a crap team.
Put on the Celtics he either starts or is offense off the bench.
He plays 15-25 MPG and gives you Tatum insurance.

The Celtics have to use that 8 million dollar hardship exception this year and I think Dirk is one of the options that would make sense for it.

Short of something like that happening, I’m curious why he’s still playing. Mavs are terrible and he’s hobbling up and down the court. Hate to see him like that.

Short of something like that happening, I’m curious why he’s still playing. Mavs are terrible and he’s hobbling up and down the court. Hate to see him like that.
Dirk has to be playing for some reason. I mean he doesn’t need the money and Dallas isn’t winning more than mid 20 games.
Boston-Dallas play again in early December the Mavs could trade him and he would never play a game against them.

I think he has to be on the block and it would have to be an Eastern team to happen and really that is Cleveland or Boston.
Cleveland doesn’t have anything to trade.

Lakers are wearing their home golds and for some reason the Bulls are wearing white on the road. Looks stupid having two light colored jerseys out there.

Light at home, dark on the road. Simple. Don’t mess with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom