NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 84 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Well he’s right. IT took off and the Cavs look half a55ed.

Celtics now have wins over the cavs, warriors, rockets etc. so of course its a big win. They’re making a push to run the table while down Heyward. Rosier is starting to look like a 6th star as well (kyrie, heyward, horford, brown, tatum)

I like Rozier. He plays hard and attacks the basket nicely for a 6'2" guy. And shoots really well.

I like Rozier. He plays hard and attacks the basket nicely for a 6'2" guy. And shoots really well.
Cleveland’s going to have their hands full compensating for IT’s size and defense if Kyrie/rozier/smart or just two of the three are on their games at any point.

Cleveland’s going to have their hands full compensating for IT’s size and defense if Kyrie/rozier/smart or just two of the three are on their games at any point.

I heard someone on ESPN radio saying Cleveland's bench is so much deeper than Boston. I literally have no freakin' clue what they are talking about. It's one of the dumber things I've ever heard.

Cleveland bench is D-Wade, Jeff Green and now with IT back Jose Calderon.
Celtics bench is Marcus Morris, Marcus Smart, Terry Rozier, Semi Olejeve and if he got healthy Gordon Hayward.

Boston has more youth and upside.
Cleveland would have lost this regular season game without the back to back but the back to back was a factor for the older Cavs.

Cavs are the Favorites but Boston is better than I thought.
If they get another top 5 pick in this stacked draft look out.

Celtics bench is Marcus Morris, Marcus Smart, Terry Rozier, Semi Olejeve and if he got healthy Gordon Hayward.

Cleveland would have lost this regular season game without the back to back but the back to back was a factor for the older Cavs.

I think Boston takes them this year, and again next year.

I think Boston takes them this year, and again next year.
Next year I agree.
I mean just say the Celtics get the 5th pick in this draft.
They are guaranteed to add one of
Luka Doncic
Marvin Bagley
Trae Young
DeAndre Ayton
Mo Bamba
Michael Porter Jr.

If the Celtics add one of these talents OMFG.
Plus Gordon Hayward and they have a Memphis pick which could become good down the line as they are going to suck these next few years.

I heard someone on ESPN radio saying Cleveland's bench is so much deeper than Boston. I literally have no freakin' clue what they are talking about. It's one of the dumber things I've ever heard.
Maybe if we were living in 2014. D wade/d rose/iman/korver/calderon/green etc. aren’t impressing anyone anymore.

Next year I agree.
I mean just say the Celtics get the 5th pick in this draft.
They are guaranteed to add one of
Luka Doncic
Marvin Bagley
Trae Young
DeAndre Ayton
Mo Bamba
Michael Porter Jr.

If the Celtics add one of these talents OMFG.
Plus Gordon Hayward and they have a Memphis pick which could become good down the line as they are going to suck these next few years.

You can play the what if game all you like. I'm talking about the players currently on the bench. They have the best player, but the Cs have more talent overall.

Boston is looking good, but playoff Lebron? I dunno

Having the deeper bench is nice (and I agree they have a better bench) but thats marginalized in the playoffs.

Boston is looking good, but playoff Lebron? I dunno

Having the deeper bench is nice (and I agree they have a better bench) but thats marginalized in the playoffs.
I agree this is Cleveland’s last year unless they win the lottery and LeBron wants to stay.
If Cleveland doesn’t add a top 5 pick LeBron is gone.
Boston wins the East next year.

They will have the pieces in place to get even better. Boston could hypothetically have a big 4 to match Golden State. Obviously Golden State’s are better but.
Irving, Tatum, Brown, Hayward with Horford, Smart, Rozier, Morris and a top 5 pick in a very deep draft.

You can play the what if game all you like. I'm talking about the players currently on the bench. They have the best player, but the Cs have more talent overall.
I think we take the cavs to 6 or 7 games this year with the potential of winning the series.

I can’t discount Lebron in the playoffs though. He is an absolute freak. If Kristops is a unicorn, Lebron’s god damn Cthulu. I think the Cavs still hold a slight edge.

I think we take the cavs to 6 or 7 games this year with the potential of winning the series.

I can’t discount Lebron in the playoffs though. He is an absolute freak. If Kristops is a unicorn, Lebron’s god damn Cthulu. I think the Cavs still hold a slight edge.
They couldn’t stop LeBron last night and he was tired.
LeBron is unguardable when he decides he wants to get to the rim.

They couldn’t stop LeBron last night and he was tired.
LeBron is unguardable when he decides he wants to get to the rim.
Its pretty ridiculous. I think we’re already a better team than Cleveland, but Lebron alone can win a series. Kyrie’s not Durant.

Cavs also have Thompson,, Korver and, when he gets back, Shumpert on the bench. Frye is there, too, and has a lotta DNPs, but when they wanna go really small, he's highly capable of coming in and giving them offense.

They also have Rose, but I have a feeling the Cavs would be better off letting him rehab the rest of the season. He flashed some old brilliance at times early in the year, but he also threw away a lotta passes. Just a gut feeling, too, but I sense the Cavs pretty much have strong team chemistry and, based on nothing but observation, I get these sense Rose may not be the best guy for that locker room.

Cavs also have Thompson,, Korver and, when he gets back, Shumpert on the bench. Frye is there, too, and has a lotta DNPs, but when they wanna go really small, he's highly capable of coming in and giving them offense.

They also have Rose, but I have a feeling the Cavs would be better off letting him rehab the rest of the season. He flashed some old brilliance at times early in the year, but he also threw away a lotta passes. Just a gut feeling, too, but I sense the Cavs pretty much have strong team chemistry and, based on nothing but observation, I get these sense Rose may not be the best guy for that locker room.

Once again, this is just shocking to me.

There's also always the possibility the Cavs add someone before the deadline

Did IT coming back hurt the cavs chemistry? You gotta wonder.

I'll give my Lebron take too because why not. I do love watching him play. Yes, some of his success is tied to him being a one of a kind athlete, but he's also an incredibly smart player. Some of the passes he makes are just unbelievable, and really are passes pretty much no one else in history can make. The cross court passes for 3 pointers in the corner in particular.

I also love watching Steph pull up from 35. NBA is pretty sweet right now

Love LeBron long time, his passing is what I enjoy most about his game. He's an absolute freak.

Rose is this generation’s David Thompson.
Had flashes of brilliance but flamed out early for different reasons.

Or Bill Walton. Grant Hill. Brandon Roy? Too many guys like that

I forgot Krover who played well last night but the Cavs depth doesn’t really scare you. There is a reason LeBron is 3rd in minutes played per game.

Cleveland is the favorite but I think Boston can actually give them a competitive series this year. Last year Cleveland toyed with the East.

Or Bill Walton. Grant Hill. Brandon Roy? Too many guys like that
Walton yes.
Hill actually came back and was a decent role player Rose can’t do that.
I think Rose was better than Roy.

Your point is right though.

Yeah I somehow forgot Penny when i was running through the names in my mind, maybe I got him and T-Mac confused.

Roy was maybe a step down from Rose, I get that, he wasn't an MVP level player before he got hurt, but he did make ALl NBA second team and third team in his first 3 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom