NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 85 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Some random thoughts on some of our guys as I absentmindedly watch the Clippers and Thunders while ignoring the work I should be doing:

Grant more than holds his own. He has really figured out his game and role. He'll do well in free agency, I think.

Melo can still play. When his shot hits it's just pretty.

Wes Johnson... I know we all had higher hopes, but he belongs. It's just that he's kind of there, and that's it.

Ray Felton still has back of head fat.

6 wins in a row for the Thunder. I was ranting and raving when they were losing, so I gotta be fair.

They seem to be getting it together and finding their way. Melo was 9-12 and George was 12-16 last night.

I still think they’ve gotta try to find a better 2 guard before the trade deadline. You can’t have a guard out there who can’t score and who can’t make FT’s IMO.

By the way, who is Terrance Ferguson? Hit 9 3’s in the last two games combined, with Roberson out.

Last edited:
6 wins in a row for the Thunder. I was ranting and raving when they were losing, so I gotta be fair.

They seem to be getting it together and finding their way. Melo was 9-12 and George was 12-16 last night.

I still think they’ve gotta try to find a better 2 guard before the trade deadline. You can’t have a guard out there who can’t score and who can’t make FT’s IMO.

By the way, who is Terrance Ferguson? Hit 9 3’s in the last two games combined, with Roberson out.

He was a highly rated HS player who skipped college and played in China for a year.

There was an interesting note from Zach Lowe's column last week ont he Thunder:
"It took two dozen games (not that long, really), but the Thunder have discovered some fundamental truths about themselves -- mostly that Carmelo Anthony has to be a 3-point-gunning third option. Oklahoma City is 12-3 since Dec. 1, and Melo's stutter-stepping, ball-stopping isolations have dropped from about 7.5 per game before then to 3.5 since, according to Second Spectrum data. His post-ups are down, too."

Why is ESPN calling Pierce petty for not wanting IT’s tribute video to be the night he has his jersey retired?

Espn is such a heaping trash pile.

Pierce gave his career and a championship to Boston. IT’s not even in the same breath as Pierce’s career yet. Dude left it all on the floor in the garden, give him his damn night. Espn needs to focus more on some other bs like what boots Brady’s wearing or what song Jr and Lebron danced to last night. Pathetic

Why is ESPN calling Pierce petty for not wanting IT’s tribute video to be the night he has his jersey retired?

Espn is such a heaping trash pile.

Pierce gave his career and a championship to Boston. IT’s not even in the same breath as Pierce’s career yet. Dude left it all on the floor in the garden, give him his damn night. Espn needs to focus more on some other bs like what boots Brady’s wearing or what song Jr and Lebron danced to last night. Pathetic
IT got love on Wednesday.
He didn’t want the video then February 11th is Paul Pierce night.

I hate #hotsportstakez

Wright is a moron. IT was a good player but he was with the team 2.5 years and the team won 2 playoff series with him.
In Celtics lore I am sure he is in the top 20 of franchise history.
Thomas forfeited his right to a tribute team wanted to do Wednesday.
February 11th is Paul Pierce day.

I hate #hotsportstakez

Wright is a moron. IT was a good player but he was with the team 2.5 years and the team won 2 playoff series with him.
In Celtics lore I am sure he is in the top 20 of franchise history.
Thomas forfeited his right to a tribute team wanted to do Wednesday.
February 11th is Paul Pierce day.

Hope Tatum scores 40 on the 11th and a new Pierce like career is started. Tatum has the talent to potentially be better.

What an overall stupid controversy.

IT didn't want the video tribute Wed cause he wasn't playing, right? I think that's reasonable. I assume 2/11 is the only time the Cavs are coming to Boston again this year?

What an overall stupid controversy.

IT didn't want the video tribute Wed cause he wasn't playing, right? I think that's reasonable. I assume 2/11 is the only time the Cavs are coming to Boston again this year?
Not because he wasn’t playing. Isaiah said he wanted his family there.
Cavs are coming back 2-11 which is the day the Celtics are retiring Paul Pierce’s jersey.
Pierce wants the day about him.

Celtics are probably going to do the video during the game though.

Cavs are coming back 2-11 which is the day the Celtics are retiring Paul Pierce’s jersey.

Seems pretty simple to me...make it Pierce day and throw IT one little video tribute(maybe a minute long or so?)...maybe during starting lineups? If anyone has a problem with that, too bad.

Oh, i thought he read it was because he wasn't playing. Though maybe the two were related; they weren't there cause he wasn't gonna play?

Seems pretty simple to me...make it Pierce day and throw IT one little video tribute(maybe a minute long or so?)...maybe during starting lineups? If anyone has a problem with that, too bad.

Yeah this seems like the obvious solution.

The Knicks need Carmelo, so glad you guys wanted Noah.

The Knicks need Carmelo, so glad you guys wanted Noah.

Such a bad signing. His body was clearly falling apart his last couple years in Chicago. If they really wanted him, he was a “what the heck let’s give him a 1 year contract and no harm if it doesn’t work out” guy at that point. 4 years...lol.

Such a bad signing. His body was clearly falling apart his last couple years in Chicago. If they really wanted him, he was a “what the heck let’s give him a 1 year contract and no harm if it doesn’t work out” guy at that point. 4 years...lol.
No, see, if you have cap space, you have to use it, even if it means you take enormous risks on overpaying contracts that destroy your flexibility for years. You must.

You think the Lakers will turn it around and not finish bottom 5?

You think the Lakers will turn it around and not finish bottom 5?

Nope, not really. They started fairly strong last year too. This is when the good teams round into form and the teams that aren’t there yet fade away. I think they are lost, Luke is lost, many of them are rattled and disgruntled about playing time and trade rumors. Ball being back will help and I think they will get back to being more competitive and winning at times. But the lack of shooting and the poor FT shooting...it’s hard to see that improving much this year.

IMG_1346.JPG

Bill Simmons suggests this for the Lakers to get LeBron and PG-13.
DS9N3PUU0AAVSQE

Bill Simmons suggests this for the Lakers to get LeBron and PG-13.
DS9N3PUU0AAVSQE

Eh. Don’t want him if we’ve gotta give up Ball or Ingram. He’s good, but we’re talking maybe the 15th or so best player in the league? Probably for a couple more years? It’s not like he’s some franchise player that guarantees you to be a contender or a guy whose best years are all in front of him. I think he peaked a few years ago and is in his prime and if this is as good as it gets? Eh. I’ll take my chances that Ball and Ingram develop into better players.

Edit:
I completely ignored the Lebron part. If he’s coming, cool. See ya Lonzo.

I’ll believe it when I see it though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom