NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 82 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Would you want Boston to keep him after the season? Up for restricted free agency.

Hey, have i mentioned Kyle O'Quinn would be a good fit in the last 3 days?
I wouldn’t want Randle long term they have to pay one of Rozier or Smart. No way they would Randle as well.

Good to see LeBron continue his losing streak in the Beehive state.

That's Utah, for the uninformed.

More like, Cavs continue their losing streak in the Beehive State (why Beehive? the hairdos?). Cavs haven't played well there, LeBron has, had a decent night again tonight.

My takeaway: Donovan Mitchell is the steal of the draft so far. I've seen the kid play twice against the Cavs and several other times and he certainly is ready for prime time. Pretty, pretty, pretty good.

This was sick.

I was looking at the Lakers cap sheet; man, they owe Deng $18 million this year, next year, AND the year after. Just brutal deal.

A lot can happen, but assuming they keep Ingram and Ball, they'll have about $50 million tied up in 19 for Deng, Clarkson, Ball, and Ingram. Plus George is starting around 30 I think? They'll probably need to let randle go to keep max space. Though I'm sure they'll stretch Deng at some point also

Mitch Kupchak really did not go out while on his A game. What a horrible summer that was.

Wasn't that more the moron Buss brother?

Not sure. They both got canned. Mitch was said to have thought there would be an amnesty clause in the new CBA at the time of those signings, and then was puzzled when that wasn’t the case.

Not sure. They both got canned. Mitch was said to have thought there would be an amnesty clause in the new CBA at the time of those signings, and then was puzzled when that wasn’t the case.
Oh.

That's... dumb.

That's a fantastic story. I need it to be true.

The Deng contract is probably equally as bad as the Noah deal.

That's a fantastic story. I need it to be true.

The Deng contract is probably equally as bad as the Noah deal.
It's awesome to think an NBA team might have made a signing, knowing it's bad, but thinking it didn't matter because that's what they would have an amnesty clause for anyway.

Lakers are really in a bind with that contract. There just aren't many teams with the cap room to make a deal for Deng work. The complete inability to show any kind of restraint or look to the future during NBA free agency is mind boggling.

It's awesome to think an NBA team might have made a signing, knowing it's bad, but thinking it didn't matter because that's what they would have an amnesty clause for anyway.

Lakers are really in a bind with that contract. There just aren't many teams with the cap room to make a deal for Deng work. The complete inability to show any kind of restraint or look to the future during NBA free agency is mind boggling.

Yeah it's crazy to me. The Noah and Deng contracts were disasters from the day they were signed.

And the thing about the amnesty, I get that it comes off your cap sheet, but you still gotta pay the guy!

Yeah it's crazy to me. The Noah and Deng contracts were disasters from the day they were signed.

And the thing about the amnesty, I get that it comes off your cap sheet, but you still gotta pay the guy!

For some reason we think professional sports team jobs are different than normal jobs.

People mess up. People are unqualified. People stop caring.

Tyler Ennis gets the start and has 9 points and 8 assists after 3 quarters!

Isaiah Thomas is supposed to make his season debut Tuesday night against Portland in Cleveland, which means he probably won't play Wednesday night in Boston since the plan is not to let him play back-to-backs for a while. Too bad, the Boston crowd would go bonkers if Isaiah's name were announced. There'd be, at minimum, a 1-minute standing ovation.

Meanwhile, Fireball Jr. wants to know what happened to his invite for the New Year's Eve bash.

If Ainge called Philly and said Lakers pick for Fultz, hypothetically of course. Who says no?

So I went to the Knick game last night, did anyone see Manu attempt a lob and actually make the basket?

Yes. It's ridiculous that it could not be reviewed and counted. It was also a very "Manu" thing.

BTW, first half Kawhi looked like old Kawhi, but the Spurs still have issues when LMA and Kawhi are on the floor. Offense gets really stagnant.

Knicks... I dunno. I'm not really on board with Hornicek anymore.

Yes. It's ridiculous that it could not be reviewed and counted. It was also a very "Manu" thing.

BTW, first half Kawhi looked like old Kawhi, but the Spurs still have issues when LMA and Kawhi are on the floor. Offense gets really stagnant.

Knicks... I dunno. I'm not really on board with Hornicek anymore.
They ended up counting it FYI...

I'm not sure Hornaceck is the problem as much as a pretty thin team. Kristaps has regressed big time now that teams know that if they body up on him and play him physically he isn't nearly as efficient. What's eye opening is that solidly built small forwards and guards are able to body up KP with a decent amount of success... he needs to get way way stronger. The team is really missing Hardaway right now as he was showing signs of becoming a pretty consistent 17ppg scorer was well as being one of the few Knicks who can create his own shot. Beasely is what he is... can score in bunches but not consistent. Lee is playing over his head and is due for a regression to his mean. I think Frank has a lot of potential but I think they made a mistake in not taking the Louisville dude who ended up with the Jazz. Right now their points are just not good enough to take the pressure of the rest of the guys and they don't do enough to create for the other guys either. Just getting the team into the right set isn't good enough.

My hope is that the Knicks stick around .500 and sneak into the playoffs... The Spurs are a tough tough team whom the Knicks were playing even. But then the refs started calling a lot of ticky tack fouls at the same time that the Knicks went into a scoring funk and the lead ballooned into a 15 to 17 point lead in a matter of minutes. The Knicks are never beating the Spurs if the refs are going to call games like that. Bigger concern is the team is absolutely horrid on the road... they build a big lead and can't keep it. Not sure what the fix it. Hopefully Hardaway is back soon to take some of the pressure off of KP or this season is going to unravel quickly.

They ended up counting it FYI...

I'm not sure Hornaceck is the problem as much as a pretty thin team. Kristaps has regressed big time now that teams know that if they body up on him and play him physically he isn't nearly as efficient. What's eye opening is that solidly built small forwards and guards are able to body up KP with a decent amount of success... he needs to get way way stronger. The team is really missing Hardaway right now as he was showing signs of becoming a pretty consistent 17ppg scorer was well as being one of the few Knicks who can create his own shot. Beasely is what he is... can score in bunches but not consistent. Lee is playing over his head and is due for a regression to his mean. I think Frank has a lot of potential but I think they made a mistake in not taking the Louisville dude who ended up with the Jazz. Right now their points are just not good enough to take the pressure of the rest of the guys and they don't do enough to create for the other guys either. Just getting the team into the right set isn't good enough.

My hope is that the Knicks stick around .500 and sneak into the playoffs... The Spurs are a tough tough team whom the Knicks were playing even. But then the refs started calling a lot of ticky tack fouls at the same time that the Knicks went into a scoring funk and the lead ballooned into a 15 to 17 point lead in a matter of minutes. The Knicks are never beating the Spurs if the refs are going to call games like that. Bigger concern is the team is absolutely horrid on the road... they build a big lead and can't keep it. Not sure what the fix it. Hopefully Hardaway is back soon to take some of the pressure off of KP or this season is going to unravel quickly.

I didn't realize they counted it. My error on that.

I agree on your assessment of the players, but I feel like Hornacek could be doing more. Maybe not.

There are a lot of teams that should have taken Donovan Mitchell higher. Is what it is. I'm not upset about that.

KP definitely needs to add bulk. We definitely need THjr back. I'm bullish on Frank. Love his D.

Beasley. I'm going to enjoy the ride while it lasts. I'm guessing he crashes and burns.

Me too! Cuse and C vs LeBron. What could be better?
If IT came out of that tunnel and Kyrie dropped 50.

No ill will to IT, happy with the personnel change to say the least though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom