NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 61 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Can’t believe he stayed in. I guess they need to find some chemistry. Looked really bad at first.

lonzo with a chance to become youngest ever to get an nba triple double . . . 8/8/8 through 3 quarters

lonzo with a chance to become youngest ever to get an nba triple double . . . 8/8/8 through 3 quarters
not happening . . . to the bench with 3minutes left, down 20

i've had a lot of fun with the "lonzo carter-williams" meme this year, but i have to admit it is an unfair comparison. to mcw. lonzo's shooting is beyond bad.

They will be able to afford two max contracts if they don’t keep Randle after this year. If they’re going to gamble on being able to actually sign a couple studs this time, then it seems it would be best to trade him rather than lose him for nothing.

Seems to me that letting him play and put up numbers would do more for his trade value.

Personally I like him a lot and would be fine with giving him reasonably big money and never mind trying for two max guys that we might not even get. I think he’s improved a lot each season and is becoming a well rounded, good player. He’s playing D now, has always rebounded, right hand is much better, can score by bullying smaller guys inside or going by a lot of PFs off the dribble, can handle it and pass it reasonably well. I like him.

It seems like they're hoping to attach him to Deng to get Deng's contracts off the books. I can't blame them if that's the case. If they aren't able to do that, I'd probably just let him play out the season and then you can either renounce his cap hold if you receive word that you have two max contracts coming, or you can keep him long-term.

It seems like they're hoping to attach him to Deng to get Deng's contracts off the books. I can't blame them if that's the case. If they aren't able to do that, I'd probably just let him play out the season and then you can either renounce his cap hold if you receive word that you have two max contracts coming, or you can keep him long-term.
Ah, Deng.

That contract was awful the moment it was signed.

NBA teams can be dumb.

Ah, Deng.

NBA teams can be dumb.

Yeah, I still have no clue what LA and NY were thinking when they signed Deng and Noah to their respective contracts. There was never a chance in hell that those contracts would look good.

Ah, Deng.

NBA teams can be dumb.

Yeah there are some deals that look shaky when you sign them, but I guess you could talk yourself into them.

And then there are some the team probably wants to get out of as soon as they're signed. Noah is another one.

Yeah there are some deals that look shaky when you sign them, but I guess you could talk yourself into them.

And then there are some the team probably wants to get out of as soon as they're signed. Noah is another one.

I was stunned to see Noah's name as a dnp in a Knicks box score. Forgot he's even in the league. Part of Philip's legacy.

I was stunned to see Noah's name as a dnp in a Knicks box score. Forgot he's even in the league. Part of Philip's legacy.

He's still serving a suspension, he's back in a few games. I suppose it's possible he can still help a little in a 15 minute role off the bench. I'm skeptical.

Anyone believe in Detroit’s start?

Are they a mid 40s win team in this dreadful Eastern Conference.

Drummond looks really good. In the East that can swing them into contention.

What id give for Drummond on the celtics

What id give for Drummond on the celtics
Nah man he wouldn’t work in Stevens offense.
Baynes is a way better fit.
They need bigs who can pass and hit elbow jumpers.

Drummond’s game is old NBA.

Celtics rumored to be talking with the Suns about Monroe. Ainge won’t give much for him though.

I do. Two years ago they looked like a team on the rise, and even though they got swept by Cleveland in the first round, I thought they played competitively and looked like a team that could grow into a solid contender in the East. So I was actually pretty high on them coming into last season and thought they ended up being one of the most disappointing teams in the league last year. I was interested to see how they’d bounce back this year.

Celtics rumored to be talking with the Suns about Monroe. Ainge won’t give much for him though.
If that’s true, id give it a few weeks. There’s leverage to be gained on our side.

Can I interest you in a Kyle O'Quinn??

Brogdon’s averaging 16 and 5 on 50% shooting and they’re bumping him out of the starting lineup??? Wow. He’s been rock solid. Hopefully his minutes don’t change much.

Gotta mention Malachi Richardson. 8 points on 3-3 shooting in only 7 minutes in a one point win over Philly.

He’s averaging 5.6 ppg in 12 minutes and shooting 45%, 85% from the line, and 54 % from 3. Obviously a very small sample size but seems like he’s off to a good start.

Brogdon’s averaging 16 and 5 on 50% shooting and they’re bumping him out of the starting lineup??? Wow. He’s been rock solid. Hopefully his minutes don’t change much.

I'm sure he'll get plenty of minutes. The question is how much Delly will play moving forwards.

Gave big contracts to Mozgov and Deng, and it’s going to cost us Russell and Randle to get rid of them. Amazing.
Is Randle good enough to make swallowing Deng's deal ok? And is there anyone out there with the cap space to make such a deal happen?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom