NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 62 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Is Randle good enough to make swallowing Deng's deal ok? And is there anyone out there with the cap space to make such a deal happen?

Before this year, I would’ve said probably not. His improvement on the defensive side is starting to make me wonder. I figured he would continue to improve on offense, but I wasn’t sure if he’d ever not be a liability defensively. So far, he’s been a different player on that end.

Gotta mention Malachi Richardson. 8 points on 3-3 shooting in only 7 minutes in a one point win over Philly.

He’s averaging 5.6 ppg in 12 minutes and shooting 45%, 85% from the line, and 54 % from 3. Obviously a very small sample size but seems like he’s off to a good start.
If you throw out Chris McCullough, who's only appeared in 1 game, Malachi has the 3rd best PER of all SU alums so far this season (behind Melo & Jerami)

Is Randle good enough to make swallowing Deng's deal ok? And is there anyone out there with the cap space to make such a deal happen?

I really don't think so. He's going to be a restricted FA next summer, so he's probably going to get a pretty big payday. And then you have to pay Deng $18 million for 2018-19 and 2019-20. And there aren't as many teams with lots of excess cap space out there.

I'd love to get KOQ on the Bucks

I've really been surprised by him the last few years. He's a perfectly capable backup big man, and you can probably get away with him as a starter if you had to. He can rebound, pass, decent defensively. And it's hilarious how many pump fakes he has to employ around the rim.

I really don't think so. He's going to be a restricted FA next summer, so he's probably going to get a pretty big payday. And then you have to pay Deng $18 million for 2018-19 and 2019-20. And there aren't as many teams with lots of excess cap space out there.
/QUOTE]
Yeah; I think it is much more likely that Deng just gets bought out.

No Hayward
No Horford
Kyrie gets a concussion 1 minute into the game.
16 point halftime deficit.
Shane freaking Larkin leads a comeback and Celtics win 11 in a row.

Brad Stevens is a magician.
Unfortunately, he also can't win the big one.

Unfortunately, he also can't win the big one.
The team Stevens has will play for an NBA title in the upcoming years.

Also if Anthony Davis becomes available the Celtics will be the team in the best positon to trade for him.

Dion has 9 points on 3-15 shooting, 3 turnovers, 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 steals. How is that even possible? Not a back to back and they were just in Phoenix and tonight are in Utah so I doubt he had too good of a time in Salt Lake City last night. Wow.

Dion has 9 points on 3-15 shooting, 3 turnovers, 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 steals. How is that even possible? Not a back to back and they were just in Phoenix and tonight are in Utah so I doubt he had too good of a time in Salt Lake City last night. Wow.

And after I post, he makes 4 of his next 5 shots and leads his team to the W in the 4th quarter and finishes with 21 points. The anti-jinx!!

No Kyrie?
Whatever the Celtics just win again over Toronto.
Make that 12 in a row.
Kyle Lowry should get an Emmy for that flop at the end of the game.

It sucks they play Golden State on Thursday. Hopefully Kyrie is ready for that game.

No Kyrie?
Make that 12 in a row.

It sucks they play Golden State on Thursday. Hopefully Kyrie is ready for that game.
One more year of losing to the Cavs in the ECF & then, once LeBron moves on, they're set up to win the East & meet GSW for the foreseeable future. If they can add Anthony Davis, then the dynasty begins.

What he’s doing so far is incredible.
I just pray he stays healthy. What's scary is he has so much room to grow his post game and get even more easy buckets as he gets stronger. KP is going to be a rich man's Dirk by the time its all said and done. Knicks needs to find him a solid point guard... not sold on Frank yet. He's had some promising moments but he offers zero penetration and he doesn't have much of a jumper yet. The Hardaway deal kills me... he's doing okay but not really justifying that contract and the Knicks need him to do that because they don't have room for another high end small forward. Love Lee but they need to upgrade at the two guard also so Lee can go back to being a 3 and D guy. Kanter is looking more and more like a steal.

Love watching these guys play... signed up for another month of gamepass so I can check them out.

No Kyrie?
Make that 12 in a row.

The Raptors have hit their ceiling, it seems. Too bad: great town, great fans, closest NBA arena to me (Rochester).

Looks like Kyrie should be back for the Celts' next game, Tuesday night in Brooklyn. He's apparently gonna go the Rip Hamilton route -- wear a protective mask.

One more year of losing to the Cavs in the ECF & then, once LeBron moves on, they're set up to win the East & meet GSW for the foreseeable future. If they can add Anthony Davis, then the dynasty begins.
Yeah. Cavs aren't even in the playoffs right now.

Cavs need to get their house in order first, but if you want to crown 'em, crown 'em.

Yeah. Cavs aren't even in the playoffs right now.

Cavs need to get their house in order first, but if you want to crown 'em, crown 'em.
LeBron will win the East. I am a Celtics fan and concede it.
With Hayward this Celtics team could have possibly won but I still think they lose.
LeBron is coasting they will win and get a lot better. Last year Cleveland coasted the 2nd half and then went 12-1 in the East playoffs.

LeBron will win the East. I am a Celtics fan and concede it.
With Hayward this Celtics team could have possibly won but I still think they lose.
LeBron is coasting they will win and get a lot better. Last year Cleveland coasted the 2nd half and then went 12-1 in the East playoffs.
That's crazy talk, especially from a Celtics fan.

Kyrie didn't leave to concede the conference.

Also, this seems like a great time to bust out my "why LeBron hates playing with young guys" theory. LeBron knows he's a garbage role model for young players because he does coast/take time off/tune out his coach/act like a poor leader off the court, and he knows vets will go along with it because they trust he'll turn it on eventually, but he realizes he'd play with fire if young guys tried to do like they see LeBron do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom