NBA 2018-2019 | Page 108 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

The problem I think the Bucks will have against Golden State is I am not sure some guys are playable in that series. Lopez, Mirotic, and Ilyasova specifically.

Will the Raptors put Kawhi on Freak - they can't right? I think the Bucks are much better and in fact I think they give GSW all they want.

I would guess it's mainly Ibaka/Siakam on Giannis and probably vice versa too. I'd guess Kawhi and Middleton guard each other most of the time, at least before switching on screens.

The problem I think the Bucks will have against Golden State is I am not sure some guys are playable in that series. Lopez, Mirotic, and Ilyasova specifically.

I think all 3 are more or less playable; Mirotic and Ilyasova especially. They can both move their feet pretty well. Lopez is slower, but I'd imagine he'll guard Draymond the same way he guarded Horford, except perhaps sagging off a bit more. I think Milwaukee is set up pretty much as well as you possibly can be to play the Warriors; still would be underdogs if they even get past Toronto though.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but did Kawhi travel twice on that last possession?

The first time right after he catches the ball and turns around it looks like he shuffles his feet, and then a second before he releases the shot, he looks like he does a full shuffling of his feet.

Who are you... Fred Hoiberg?

I don't think there's any other NBA fanbase like this right now.

Those possessions were horrific. My hot take thoughts were “get Embiid in the post and dump it in”, and “get a real PG who can take control and create something when things break down”
They had a real PG. MCW

Those possessions were horrific. My hot take thoughts were “get Embiid in the post and dump it in”, and “get a real PG who can take control and create something when things break down”
chris broussard suggested today that a trade of chris paul for ben simmons would seem to solve problems for both teams

he's not wrong, but cp3's massive salary would make any deal ridiculously complicated if not impossible

chris broussard suggested today that a trade of chris paul for ben simmons would seem to solve problems for both teams

he's not wrong, but cp3's massive salary would make any deal ridiculously complicated if not impossible

If this was even two years ago, I’d do that if I were Philly. But Paul is clearly on the decline now, the age, the injuries, the contract. Nah. No way.

I think Philly fans are just itching to turn on Simmons, which is weird...but so Philly. Mouth-breathing onion breaths, the whole lot of them.

As talented as their starting 5 is, I don’t think the mix is quite right. Essentially, you’ve got Embiid out there with Redick and 3 small forwards.

You need a quick guard that can make plays and shoot.

I’m not crazy about how they use their pieces. Way too many times Simmons is just standing out of the way, Embiid is getting the ball 25 feet from the hoop, and Butler is being used like he’s Kyrie Irving or Dame or something.

McConnell has played well for them at times. Surprised he couldn’t get any run. Toronto’s offense was reduced to Kawhi carrying the entire load - just hide TJ on one of the many guys that wasn’t doing much.

Yeah there's definitely something to that. I think Lopez may not play much at all (maybe only when Bogut is on the court?). You could probably get away with one of Miro or Illyasvoa at some points. Mirotic can really really shoot it

The Bucks version of the death lineup is probably Brogdon/Hill/Bledsoe/Giannis/Middleton? Something like that.

If this was even two years ago, I’d do that if I were Philly. But Paul is clearly on the decline now, the age, the injuries, the contract. Nah. No way.

I think Philly fans are just itching to turn on Simmons, which is weird...but so Philly. Mouth-breathing onion breaths, the whole lot of them.

As talented as their starting 5 is, I don’t think the mix is quite right. Essentially, you’ve got Embiid out there with Redick and 3 small forwards.

You need a quick guard that can make plays and shoot.

I’m not crazy about how they use their pieces. Way too many times Simmons is just standing out of the way, Embiid is getting the ball 25 feet from the hoop, and Butler is being used like he’s Kyrie Irving or Dame or something.

McConnell has played well for them at times. Surprised he couldn’t get any run. Toronto’s offense was reduced to Kawhi carrying the entire load - just hide TJ on one of the many guys that wasn’t doing much.

There are some major fit issues with Philly; especially Simmons/Embiid, who don't mesh well at all. Simmons has to improve his jumper. I read today he didn't take a shot in the playoffs outside 12 feet. Not make, just attempt.

I think the Sixers are one summer away from trading Simmons. At some point, the fit may not just work

Yeah there's definitely something to that. I think Lopez may not play much at all (maybe only when Bogut is on the court?). You could probably get away with one of Miro or Illyasvoa at some points. Mirotic can really really shoot it

The Bucks version of the death lineup is probably Brogdon/Hill/Bledsoe/Giannis/Middleton? Something like that.

That’s the lineup they’ll have to live and die with. I don’t see Lopez helping much in that series at all especially after Capela was completely roasted.

That’s the lineup they’ll have to live and die with. I don’t see Lopez helping much in that series at all especially after Capela was completely roasted.

I guess maybe if Cousins is back by then, you could play Lopez a little when he's on the court? But for the most part, I agree.

Hill was in and out of the lineup this year, so I wont look for him, but Bledsoe/Giannis/Middleton/Brogdon played 666 minutes together in the regular season, they were +8.9 per 100
The warriors big 4 played 1,091 minutes together, +16.6 per 100, fwiw. The actual death lineup only played 178 minutes in the regular season this year, they were +29.1.

Milwaukee-Golden State could be a really fun series.

Embiid's on/off splits in that last series were ridiculous. In 237 minutes he played, Philly was +90. In the 100 minutes he sat, they were -109!

He played 45:12 last night, and they were a +10. And they lost the game!! And i wouldn't even say Embiid was playing at peak effectiveness

Embiid's on/off splits in that last series were ridiculous. In 237 minutes he played, Philly was +90. In the 100 minutes he sat, they were -109!

He played 45:12 last night, and they were a +10. And they lost the game!! And i wouldn't even say Embiid was playing at peak effectiveness

That stat from last night is incredible. Absolutely incredible.

Wow is that stat from last night even real? Plus minus should always be taken with a grain of salt but I think it’s much more useful in postseason because often rotations get shortened. It’s amazing he has those numbers given he didn’t shoot well at all. Shows his impact on defense.

Chris Broussard must be smoking crack. If the sixers need to swap out Ben Simmons for a better fit , they’re better off with getting nothing than getting the 40 million dollar corpse of Paul

Wow is that stat from last night even real? Plus minus should always be taken with a grain of salt but I think it’s much more useful in postseason because often rotations get shortened. It’s amazing he has those numbers given he didn’t shoot well at all. Shows his impact on defense.

I didnt see the whole game, I suppose its possible he was pulled at the end of quarters when they were on defense instead of offense, maybe that skewed things somewhat, but that's still so hard to believe.

Greg Monroe played 1:41 last night and was -9

For Knicks fans remember in 2007 Celtics went insane when they fell to 5 on lottery night and they ended up winning the 2008 title.
So don’t go crazy if you don’t win the lottery.
As long as the Knicks end up top 3 you won’t get stuck with Cam Reddish.

Chris Broussard must be smoking crack. If the sixers need to swap out Ben Simmons for a better fit , they’re better off with getting nothing than getting the 40 million dollar corpse of Paul
Chris Paul is cooked. He was awful against the Warriors.
Simmons is worth way more than Paul.
If this was Chris Paul 5 years ago maybe this trade happens.

The 76ers aren’t trading Simmons unless it’s for one of two guys LeBron James or Anthony Davis.

The Sixers are better off just scrapping Ben Simmons as a PG and try turning him into a SF with passing skills.
He can’t shoot but he can post and shoot floaters. The PG thing hurts Simmons.

Butler and Embiid weren’t the problem

Chris Paul is cooked. He was awful against the Warriors.
Simmons is worth way more than Paul.
If this was Chris Paul 5 years ago maybe this trade happens.

The 76ers aren’t trading Simmons unless it’s for one of two guys LeBron James or Anthony Davis.

The Sixers are better off just scrapping Ben Simmons as a PG and try turning him into a SF with passing skills.
He can’t shoot but he can post and shoot floaters. The PG thing hurts Simmons.
Do you max Simmons when it is time?

Do you max Simmons when it is time?
No question. You have too. Simmons is a top 30 player.
He is just a bad fit with Embiid and Embiid is a health risk.

The Celtics last year exposed Simmons as a PG in the playoffs.
He is a terrible PG for spacing but put him on the block and he can do things. He wasn’t a PG in college.

No question. You have too. Simmons is a top 30 player.
He is just a bad fit with Embiid and Embiid is a health risk.

The Celtics last year exposed Simmons as a PG in the playoffs.
He is a terrible PG for spacing but put him on the block and he can do things. He wasn’t a PG in college.
I hear ya but his inability and apparent lack of interest in shooting ... I think too many guys get maxed and I don't know if I could max a guy who can't and won't shoot in today's NBA. Embid's fragility is a major factor for the Sixers, or should be. They can't - IMHO - move forward with those two as their alphas. It will be interesting to observe.

So Trueblue25 would you prefer to get a top 5 pick from Kings pick but have to take the Memphis pick at 9 or keep the Celtics pick at 14 and have the Grizzlies pick roll over for 2020 or 2021?

I am thinking let’s get two top 10 picks this year.