NBA 2018-2019 | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

So the Rockets want to attempt to make a Nets-Celtics all-in trade 2.0 for Jimmy Butler.
They are offering Eric Gordon and 4 unprotected first round picks for Jimmy Butler.
Now atleast Butler is in his prime unlike Paul Pierce or Kevin Garnett but this trade is crazy risky.
4 unprotected first round picks is a lot.

So the Rockets want to attempt to make a Nets-Celtics all-in trade 2.0 for Jimmy Butler.
They are offering Eric Gordon and 4 unprotected first round picks for Jimmy Butler.
Now atleast Butler is in his prime unlike Paul Pierce or Kevin Garnett but this trade is crazy risky.
4 unprotected first round picks is a lot.
Well, yeah, but I mean, your window is now. Chris Paul like two years from being Uncle Drew.

If they got Butler for Gordon, would they e favored over the Warriors? Maybe?

If they got Butler for Gordon, would they e favored over the Warriors? Maybe?

No way. IMO, the stars aligned for the Rockets to beat the Dubs last year. No way will that happen again with the team they have or the one with Butler on it. I don't care who won MVP, KD and Steph are still the best two players in the series.

No way. IMO, the stars aligned for the Rockets to beat the Dubs last year. No way will that happen again with the team they have or the one with Butler on it. I don't care who won MVP, KD and Steph are still the best two players in the series.

Well if they really had aligned, Paul probably doesn't get hurt and they do beat them. But I take your point.

Ok, they wouldn't be favored. Dumb question. But still. That would be a hell of a team

Well if they really had aligned, Paul probably doesn't get hurt and they do beat them. But I take your point.

Ok, they wouldn't be favored. Dumb question. But still. That would be a hell of a team

Here is my hot take: Toronto is the team that's best suited to beat the Dubs. Not Boston. Not the Rockets.

Not sure if that's even a hot take or not, but that's what I'm going with.

OKC has too much talent to be 0-4. Even if Westbrook missed 2 games.
I am shocked how bad they are in the halfcourt with the talent they have.

They’ve been bad in the halfcourt forever in terms of “execution”(classic Russ interview), just they had KD and Russ to take turns being Superman and bail them out.

Here is my hot take: Toronto is the team that's best suited to beat the Dubs. Not Boston. Not the Rockets.

At some point there will be a question about how legit Toronto's coach is.

If Kawhi is all the way back to being the Kawhi before the injury (sure seems like it) I think this is a pretty reasonable take. They probably need one of their young dudes to take a step up from solid young guy to real good to have a good chance of winning, but best chance? I see it. Unless Houston can swing Butler, I think their shot was last year.

I was saying this to my friend last night; I know they're still working Hayward back and all that, but the Celtic offense is kinda not that good. They were 18th in offense last year, I said it's early, and it is, but they're 29th this year! Gotta be better if you want to be Golden State.

on BetDSI, boston is still favored (+100 vs +130) over Toronto to win the east. Milwaukee is -125 to win their division. Hmm...

Boston just needs to learn to play with eachother. Still expecting 60 wins.

As a Donovan Mitchell owner in fantasy hoops, I was waiting for a game like that out of him. Wow.

I knew he would be very good (not like All-Star/ROY good though!) when he was at UL. When he filled in for awhile at PG for Snider and killed it that helped game and stock a ton.

Personally, I think HOU is going to struggle and will be in that 6-8 range of the playoff seeds. Athletically they are not in the same league also as some of these other teams, IMO. Paul is getting up there also. Melo’s close to if not done. Bench is meh.

Last edited:
At some point there will be a question about how legit Toronto's coach is.

Right. They fired the coach of the year, who now has Detroit off to a great start. That’s a pretty tough gig for a first year head coach.

Our old friend Monte Morris (sigh) is playing very well.

Bucks have now scored at least 60 points in the first half of all 5 games and are up 25 at half on the struggling Wolves (I say this before they come back and make this a nailbiter).

Bucks have now scored at least 60 points in the first half of all 5 games and are up 25 at half on the struggling Wolves (I say this before they come back and make this a nailbiter).

Minnesota might just need to trade Butler and get it over with.

Knicks game tonight was wild. Knicks were looking good for 3 quarters, and then Durant went absolutely inferno mode. They won the 4th quarter 47-16.

Malachi Richardson did get 8 minutes (that were not garbage time) for the Toronto Raptors yesterday. So it's a start for him. Yes Van Vleet and Wright were out as guards, but those minutes could have went to Miles, Powelll or Brown.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

I think Zion Williamson is the draftee I'm going to set my sights on the Knicks getting. That is all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom