NBA 2018-2019 | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

D'Antoni says 'awful' Rockets D needs do-over

Rockets problem start is because of Melo according to the article

Of course it is. Everything else has been for the last 6 years.

Maybe it’s Pringles fault for staying with the same defensive scheme, while clearly not having the same players for it? No...can’t blame the delicate genius Pringles can we?

Lol Melo had 24 last night and Chris Paul was 3-14 and -27.

Harden didn’t play, Paul and Gordon combined were 6-27......Melo’s fault!

You knew he can’t defend like Ariza. You also knew he brought more to the table on offense than Ariza. Figure it out and stop wallowing about last year. Not like you had several months before the season or anything...

Rockets have had some some injuries/suspensions, Melo did play well last night, but i mean, he's not very good at this point. He'll be a convenient scapegoat and it won't be totally fair, but it also won't be totally unfair.

Rockets have had some some injuries/suspensions, Melo did play well last night, but i mean, he's not very good at this point. He'll be a convenient scapegoat and it won't be totally fair, but it also won't be totally unfair.

He’s getting 14 ppg off the bench and is not capable of switching onto anybody(anyone surprised at that must not have watched an ounce of the OKC-Utah series last year.). Did anyone expect much different?

He can still get buckets when he’s on. If they’re expecting anything more at this point, they’re nuts. He’ll help them offensively. They’ll have to figure out how not to expose him defensively. Seems like “switch everything” because it worked last year, and then blame him when it doesn’t work is pretty lazy coaching if that’s what’s going on.

There are guys he can guard reasonably well. He’s still strong in the post and can play decent on ball defense as long as he’s not at a major quickness disadvantage.

Figure out how to have him on the court guarding someone he can guard, and otherwise get him out of there. Doesn’t seem THAT hard to me.

So Lonzo Ball is averaging 12 points, 6 assists, 5 rebounds, 2 steals, and shooting 49%. He’s stronger. He’s shooting well from 3. He’s defending.

And he might only be our 3rd most impressive guy from the 2017 draft class so far? Kuzma and Hart have been outstanding!

What a draft class.

So Lonzo Ball is averaging 12 points, 6 assists, 5 rebounds, 2 steals, and shooting 49%. He’s stronger. He’s shooting well from 3. He’s defending.

And he might only be our 3rd most impressive guy from the 2017 draft class so far? Kuzma and Hart have been outstanding!

What a draft class.
Lonzo is showing the Rondo signing was poor.
Unless it’s a national TV game Rondo will be a problem. Lonzo’s development is more important.

Lonzo is showing the Rondo signing was poor.
Unless it’s a national TV game Rondo will be a problem. Lonzo’s development is more important.

Luckily only a short deal though. Given Lonzo’s injury concerns that have been ongoing since like January(?), I think they needed to sign a PG that can effectively start if needed.

But yeah, as long as he’s healthy Lonzo needs to be the guy. Rondo has to be a solid backup that can step in and start when needed. Possibly will be times they play together. They were in together against Houston some.

What a draft class.

Was just talking about Lonzo with a friend, I am def pro Lonzo. He can do a lot of things.
Really good draft for them.

Like take last year, Lonzo averaged 7.3 rebounds per 36 and 7.6 assists per 36. Only 8 guys in the whole league last year averaged 6 reb and 6 assists per 36.

Was just talking about Lonzo with a friend, I am def pro Lonzo. He can do a lot of things.
Really good draft for them.

Like take last year, Lonzo averaged 7.3 rebounds per 36 and 7.6 assists per 36. Only 8 guys in the whole league last year averaged 6 reb and 6 assists per 36.

Yup.

I think sometimes people see that he doesn’t go by people off the dribble a ton yet and mistake it for lack of athleticism. He’s actually really athletic.

He was dogging Murray full court for awhile the other night. Picked his pocket and took it in for a layup.

He’s getting 14 ppg off the bench and is not capable of switching onto anybody(anyone surprised at that must not have watched an ounce of the OKC-Utah series last year.). Did anyone expect much different?

He can still get buckets when he’s on. If they’re expecting anything more at this point, they’re nuts. He’ll help them offensively. They’ll have to figure out how not to expose him defensively. Seems like “switch everything” because it worked last year, and then blame him when it doesn’t work is pretty lazy coaching if that’s what’s going on.

There are guys he can guard reasonably well. He’s still strong in the post and can play decent on ball defense as long as he’s not at a major quickness disadvantage.

Figure out how to have him on the court guarding someone he can guard, and otherwise get him out of there. Doesn’t seem THAT hard to me.
I have a hard time saying a guy that's consuming like 3% of Houston's salary cap is a problem.

New rule suggestion. If you are on the bench and an opposing player is shooting a shot by your bench and you get up an automatic technical foul on whomever gets up.

Yeah, that’s bush league stuff.

New rule suggestion. If you are on the bench and an opposing player is shooting a shot by your bench and you get up an automatic technical foul on whomever gets up.

Eddie House would have gotten ejected from every game he played

Did Lebron really like Lue? I always got the feeling he was OK with him, but not a huge supporter either.
I think this sounds pretty warm and fuzzy.

LeBron James‏Verified account @KingJames 3h3 hours ago
More

T Lue thanks for the memories and more importantly our partnership bringing a
1f3c6.png
to that deserved city/fan base. U know how to find me
1f64f-1f3fe.png

Jazz with pair of back to back road wins this weekend (at NOP and at DAL). In the two games Rudy Gobert scored 48 points on 20 for 26 from the field, had 30 rebounds and 7 blocks. Granted that Anthony Davis didn't play but it's still the NBA. New look offense for the Jazz includes feeding Rudy in the paint.

I'm rooting for Utah to make some noise. And snyder is a great coach.

Last edited:
Jazz with pair of back to back road wins this weekend (at NOP and at DAL). In the two games Rudy Gobert scored 48 points on 20 for 26 from the field, had 30 rebounds and 7 blocks. Granted that Anthony Davis didn't play but it's still the NBA. New look offense for the Jazz includes feeding Rudy in the paint.
I don't know is there's a player in the NBA that cares as much as Gobert.

He's approaching Michael Jordan levels of psychosis.

Yup.

I think sometimes people see that he doesn’t go by people off the dribble a ton yet and mistake it for lack of athleticism. He’s actually really athletic.

He was dogging Murray full court for awhile the other night. Picked his pocket and took it in for a layup.

Lonzo is definitely athletic, he just isn't a quick-twitch guy and that will lead to occasional struggles defensively (though he's smart enough to be very good on that end when he's locked in) and struggles in terms of creating in one-on-one situations (which isn't an issue playing next to guys like LeBron, Ingram, etc. that can create their own looks but would likely be an issue if he were in a different situation).

I love what he does bring to the table though. He's going to be a good, maybe very good player. I just think he's more of an off-ball/secondary creator rather than a guy you hand the ball to and tell him to go create all of your offense like Chris Paul (pre-Houston) for example.

Bucks keep winning. Of course the big tests are coming now with games against the Raptors and Celtics, but they're due for a loss at this point anyways. 6-0, over 60 points at halftime of every single game, highest SRS in the league, #10 offense and #2 defense...these guys are playing some awesome basketball right now, and that's with Giannis relatively struggling.

Bucks keep winning. Of course the big tests are coming now with games against the Raptors and Celtics, but they're due for a loss at this point anyways. 6-0, over 60 points at halftime of every single game, highest SRS in the league, #10 offense and #2 defense...these guys are playing some awesome basketball right now, and that's with Giannis relatively struggling.

Real pumped for Bucks-Raps tonight...

well I was. Bummer about Kawhi and Giannis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom