NBA 2018-2019 | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

When healthy, I would think so. He finished top 3 in MVP voting not too long ago.

That’s really all it is, is the health. He’s at that age where he’s not “exciting” anymore because everyone moves on to the next big thing so he doesn’t get discussed as much, plus he’s often hurt which puts him off the radar as well, but he’s as good of a player as ever.

I'm not wishing to go back to late 90's Knicks/Early oughts Pistons/Spurs style of play, but I do think the rules have gone to far the other way much like the NFL rules favor the passing game so much more than they used to.

Yup. Sports have become how people used to play sports video games.

Football: pass every play.
Basketball: Shoot a 3 every play.
Baseball: Throw pitches 102 mph, and swing for the fences. HR’s or K’s.

Damn right.

But we're not done yet.

Football: never punt
Hockey: no goalie

Damn right.

But we're not done yet.

Football: never punt
Hockey: no goalie

I should also add, in NBA Live create a player, we’d make guys who were like 7’10 that shot 3’s and moved like guards. We’re getting there.

Gee I was way ahead of the curve as a teenager in the 90's. Missed out on a great GM career in all 3 of those sports.

Lebron tweeting about JB and misconstrued new balance comments from media day.

I should also add, in NBA Live create a player, we’d make guys who were like 7’10 that shot 3’s and moved like guards. We’re getting there.
I went the other way. Players that were my height (5'8) with 99s for dunks and shot blocking.

We have a ways to go on that one still.

Houston is now 1-3, including 0-2 at home.

Not saying to worry this early...

BUT...

It might be time to worry.

BUT...

2 losses without Paul though.

I think they’ll win 50+.

They were never going to repeat last year.

I'm not wishing to go back to late 90's Knicks/Early oughts Pistons/Spurs style of play, but I do think the rules have gone to far the other way much like the NFL rules favor the passing game so much more than they used to.

First, I love all the offense. I think it's great. I also think the NBA has the best athletes and have the best use of analytics of any of the American pro sports (as incorporated into game strategy).

With that said, I think there are two key areas that need to be looked at to help the defense:
1) How the game is officiated. It's so fast and it feels like there are so many conditions for calls that it's just hard to officiate the games correctly and consistently. Somehow they need to help the refs (whether by simplifying the rules, adding another ref on the court, etc).

2) No more superstars like James Harden (to an extent). The way he draws fouls is getting to a point of absurdity. The pump fakes and jumping into the defender has to be called more strictly as a no-call. Traveling on the perimeter to get an open look off the dribble from three. The rip throughs could be looked at. If the goal goes from scoring the basketball to getting fouled, there is a fundamental issue with the application of or the actual intent of the rules.

However, I do think defenses will catch up once teams start having lineups that are basically position-less on defense (for the teams that can get to that point).

2 losses without Paul though.

I think they’ll win 50+.

They were never going to repeat last year.

Just looked at the box score...Eric Gordon 1-12 from 3? 1-12??

That’s where the game has really changed. A guy on Eric Gordon’s level - meaning pretty good player but not a star of the team or anything - would never take 12 3’s in a game if he was missing them all.

BUT...

I think the Jazz played a little angry tonight too.

As a Donovan Mitchell owner in fantasy hoops, I was waiting for a game like that out of him. Wow.
I think Gobert is exactly what the NBA needs right now - a guy that proves you can still singlehandedly control a game on the defensive end by protecting the paint.

Obviously he has some physical attributes that make him special, but the way he reacts to multiple actions is the kind of thing young players should be learning.

That much maligned (by the blog boys) Zach Lavine contract is about to be a steal.

Steph has five 3s made with 6 mins left in the 2Q, just a heads up.

Lol this guy couldn’t even keep up with Brook Lopez’s 3 point shooting.

P.S.: Bucks are still clicking and Giannis finally had a good game (after a rough first quarter)

Curry was out to a great start before last night. He's 33 for 63 in threes. He won't keep that pace up, but this is the best he's looked since they signed Durant.

Curry was out to a great start before last night. He's 33 for 63 in threes. He won't keep that pace up, but this is the best he's looked since they signed Durant.
Averaging close to 7 made threes a game.

Awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom