NBA 2018-2019 | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

You saw Ingram come in and throw a sneak punch when Rondo/Paul were being seperated right?

I’m thinking like 7-8 for Ingram, 5-6 for Rondo, 2-3 for Paul.
Yeah I saw it but I don’t think it was that bad. He will get a couple of games for being stupid. I don’t throw the book at him more than Rondo.
Rondo gets the most and I think the other 2 just get a slap.

Yeah I saw it but I don’t think it was that bad. He will get a couple of games for being stupid. I don’t throw the book at him more than Rondo.
Rondo gets the most and I think the other 2 just get a slap.

You can’t come running in sneak punching in a fight that’s being broken up and just get a couple games. I’ll be shocked.

These old guys like Stephen Jackson and Kendrick Perkins talking bad about LeBron because he grabbed Paul rather than “having his teammates back” are the worst.

Constantly talking about how tough you are is not very tough at all. Social media really exposes what basic minds some of these guys have.

Celtics need to get used to playing together.
Don’t quite mesh yet with Hayward and Irving.

I wouldn't worry yet if I were a Boston fan... but they do have some work to do.

But when you have Stevens, I'd have faith.

Man the Bucks look so good this year. Borderline tearing up watching this beautiful basketball.

Those looking at Giannis and Kawhi for early MVP front runners are looking good right now.

Those looking at Giannis and Kawhi for early MVP front runners are looking good right now.

Giannis will be the beneficiary but I actually don't think Giannis has been all that good so far this season. Middleton and Bledsoe have both been better than him IMO.

Lonzo is shooting it well so far.

Javale McGee is playing great this year.

We can’t defend at all. Hopefully that will improve as the team gels.

We need a second big guy. When McGee is out we are so bad at defending the paint. Walton wants so badly to have a “death lineup” like GS, but it not happening. Draymond Green doesn’t grow on trees.

Also, we very well may start like 1-5. The H0T Takes will be off the charts. But games with the Atlanta’s and Cleveland’s and Kings, and a couple with the T-Wolves aren’t far off so the W’s will come.

Can't believe I am saying this, but agree with Draymond Green.
The scores in the NBA are for the most part absurd this year. Let them play a little defense. This completely cracking down on any bumping off the ball is leading to way too many free throws.

Can't believe I am saying this, but agree with Draymond Green.
The scores in the NBA are for the most part absurd this year. Let them play a little defense. This completely cracking down on any bumping off the ball is leading to way too many free throws.

I'm not sure it's the free throws that are really driving this crazy start to the season. Adjusted for pace, teams are averaging 2 more free throws per game this year than they did last year. Teams have just picked up the pace (roughly 5 more possessions per 48 minutes) and we've already had what feels like a bunch of overtime games to drive scores up.

I'm not sure it's the free throws that are really driving this crazy start to the season. Adjusted for pace, teams are averaging 2 more free throws per game this year than they did last year. Teams have just picked up the pace (roughly 5 more possessions per 48 minutes) and we've already had what feels like a bunch of overtime games to drive scores up.

Even if you take OT out of it the Lakers and Spurs still scored 128 points.

I get what you're saying about pace, but that is related. Pace is going to be up when pretty much any contact isn't allowed.

Teams are averaging 113 per game. The only team not scoring 100 is the Celtics.

Even if you take OT out of it the Lakers and Spurs still scored 128 points.

I get what you're saying about pace, but that is related. Pace is going to be up when pretty much any contact isn't allowed.

Teams are averaging 113 per game. The only team not scoring 100 is the Celtics.

Yeah I get it. But the 113 is skewed by the overtime games we've had so far. The number of points per 100 possessions is only up by 2 points this year. In all likelihood things will calm down a bit when we have some more games under our belts. The Pelicans are averaging a ridiculous 131 points per 100 possessions right now compared to the Rockets, who were #1 last year at 115. But on the flipside, the Phoenix Suns were dead last a year ago at 103.5 and there's currently 3 teams scoring less than that this year.

Also, we very well may start like 1-5. The H0T Takes will be off the charts. But games with the Atlanta’s and Cleveland’s and Kings, and a couple with the T-Wolves aren’t far off so the W’s will come.
I agree the wins will come.

I also think this is potentially eye opening for King James.

The West doesn't let up.

I'm not wishing to go back to late 90's Knicks/Early oughts Pistons/Spurs style of play, but I do think the rules have gone to far the other way much like the NFL rules favor the passing game so much more than they used to.

I'm not wishing to go back to late 90's Knicks/Early oughts Pistons/Spurs style of play, but I do think the rules have gone to far the other way much like the NFL rules favor the passing game so much more than they used to.
I think it's a combo of the rule changes and the fact that teams embrace the 3 now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom