NBA 2018-2019 | Page 131 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

> Giannis

And it’s not even close.
Giannis can’t shoot well enough to be the best player right now.
He is definitely top 3 but smart teams that don’t let him drive the ball easily and dare him are the way to beat him.

Giannis right now is LeBron circa 2006/2007 offensively. LeBron became an efficient shooter enough that he was just unstoppable. I bet Giannis will work with Hakeem Olajuwon as well like LeBron did and make his post game even better.

I can't imagine I would give Gobert that deal, no.

There's a lot of stuff going on with Charlotte, even without the super max, they can still offer him way more than anyone else. But now, not offering it can be seen as an insult. And while he's really good, that's just so much money. It's really hard to make that kind of a contract work unless you're talking about one of the 3 or 4 best players in the league I think
He's not super max good. Can't offer it

Charlotte’s just been a rough franchise. Even when they made the playoffs a few times, it felt like that was their absolute ceiling. So many lottery picks over the years but usually late lottery, and Kemba is really the only one they’ve ever hit on.

I don’t know if they’re picking the wrong guys or their player development isn’t there or both. Because they’ve had some guys do ok for rookies, and then never really get any better.

Has any NBA writer pandered to appear young and hip and appeal to millennials more than Bill Simmons?

His site is so over the top and tries to make it smarter than anyone else. I like Kevin O’Connor but my god Simmons just shut up you aren’t smart as you think you are.

He's not super max good. Can't offer it

If you give a supermax to either of those guys then your team is absolutely screwed. If you give that to anyone other than a top 5-10 guy that can carry a team and can be the #1 guy on a finals team than you are toast. Kemba and Gobert are nowhere even close. The regular 4 year max to their own team is already a serious overpay for those 3rd tier guys. Even the supermax for Dame is going to ensure that they have reached their ceiling which by luck this year managed to be the WCF but more often will be 1st rd exit.

TNT replacing Marv Albert with Brian Anderson after this season is just stupid.

I find it interesting that Gobert makes All NBA, but can't make an all-star game.

Has any NBA writer pandered to appear young and hip and appeal to millennials more than Bill Simmons?

His site is so over the top and tries to make it smarter than anyone else. I like Kevin O’Connor but my god Simmons just shut up you aren’t smart as you think you are.

I’m not sure I’ve really read/seen his stuff since he left ESPN. I thought Grantland had some good stuff, but he was getting pretty hard to take on screen in his ESPN days. That draft when he was going at Doc Rivers...smh. Ridiculous.

I liked him as “sports guy” way back in the early-mid 00s, and always enjoyed his NBA draft diaries. I liked his basketball book. It’s pretty hard to believe that he made his schtick go as far as it did. I think at some point it must’ve went to his head and he decided that he really was on the same level as all these legit talented people, lol.

I find it interesting that Gobert makes All NBA, but can't make an all-star game.
The all star game doesn’t require the coaches to vote for a center. They vote for frontcourt players. For all nba they vote for a C.

Jokic/Embiid and then your boy and Davis will have it lockdown the next decade.

I’m not sure I’ve really read/seen his stuff since he left ESPN. I thought Grantland had some good stuff, but he was getting pretty hard to take on screen in his ESPN days. That draft when he was going at Doc Rivers...smh. Ridiculous.

I liked him as “sports guy” way back in the early-mid 00s, and always enjoyed his NBA draft diaries. I liked his basketball book. It’s pretty hard to believe that he made his schtick go as far as it did. I think at some point it must’ve went to his head and he decided that he really was on the same level as all these legit talented people, lol.
He is the 50’s year old dude who wants people in their 20s/30s to like him. It is beyond annoying. I was subscriber to Boston Digitial City site in the late 90s. He wasn’t a phony back then.
Now he is the prototype dude who goes Hollywood.

The all star game doesn’t require the coaches to vote for a center. They vote for frontcourt players. For all nba they vote for a C.

Jokic/Embiid and then your boy and Davis will have it lockdown the next decade.
Sure, I get that.

All NBA is the superior honor, anyway.

The thing I love about him is his ability to find and surround himself with talented people. The writers that he brought in to Grantland and now to the Ringer are as good as it gets to me.

You think? Marv has fallen off precipitously the last few years. I almost would say he's bad now. He's Marv Albert, he's still the best ever, but he's not good now. (My opinion, of course)

Does Simmons even write much anymore? He's totally fallen off my radar since Grantland closed

Why? I love marv, but hes not a spring chicken, Brian Anderson is a really good play by play guy.

You think? Marv has fallen off precipitously the last few years. I almost would say he's bad now. He's Marv Albert, he's still the best ever, but he's not good now. (My opinion, of course)

Does Simmons even write much anymore? He's totally fallen off my radar since Grantland closed

Marv has lost it. He makes so many mistakes every game that it's starting to become cringe-worthy.

Re Simmons, he barely writes and makes fun of himself for that. His podcasts are good and his ability to find talent and empower them to flex creatively is really incredible. He did it at Grantland and now The Ringer.

Marv has lost it. He makes so many mistakes every game that it's starting to become cringe-worthy.

Re Simmons, he barely writes and makes fun of himself for that. His podcasts are good and his ability to find talent and empower them to flex creatively is really incredible. He did it at Grantland and now The Ringer.

While we're on the subject, Kevin Harlan was dreadful all through the NCAA's. He repeatedly called players by the wrong name, cited rules incorrectly, and described plays in ways that didn't actually happen. His rabid excitement over little more than routine plays was almost embarrassing, like he was compensating for ignorance with enthusiasm.

While we're on the subject, Kevin Harlan was dreadful all through the NCAA's. He repeatedly called players by the wrong name, cited rules incorrectly, and described plays in ways that didn't actually happen. His rabid excitement over little more than routine plays was almost embarrassing, like he was compensating for ignorance with enthusiasm.

I honestly just want Doris Burke or Hubie Brown.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Reggie Miller has gotten way better, imo. I still don't think he's great, but he used to be atrocious.

How about this for a bizarre statistic using the Raptors (Game 1 Road Team) and Bucks (Game 1 Home Team)

In situations where that G1 Road team is up 3-2, their record is 50-16 (or 76%)

But when the sequence goes like this current Bucks-Raps series, that road team is only 7-8 or 47%. What makes this more bizarre is that in this last sequence the "Bucks" would apparently have the worst momentum of any scenario with 3 losses in a row. And yet this is the sequence that a team down 3-2 would have the best chance of winning.

How about this for a bizarre statistic using the Raptors (Game 1 Road Team) and Bucks (Game 1 Home Team)

In situations where that G1 Road team is up 3-2, their record is 50-16 (or 76%)

But when the sequence goes like this current Bucks-Raps series, that road team is only 7-8 or 47%. What makes this more bizarre is that in this last sequence the "Bucks" would apparently have the worst momentum of any scenario with 3 losses in a row. And yet this is the sequence that a team down 3-2 would have the best chance of winning.

All those stats are just so amazing to me. I've spent so much time messing around in it. Guess that tells you what "momentum" is worth?

Good grief, listening to Canadian basketball announcers is like listening to American hockey announcers. :D

Toronto’s guards are just so much better than Milwaukee’s.

Drake standing up during the action like he is a coach is really annoying.
I want Toronto to win but man that guy is such a stooge.

Toronto started to seize control......Giannis' inability to shoot is problematic in the half-court

Why? I love marv, but hes not a spring chicken, Brian Anderson is a really good play by play guy.

Harlan should be his replacement. He’s makes every game exciting. Loved him in our EE game against UVA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom