NBA 2018-2019 | Page 129 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

If Ball gets dealt to Chicago for #7. Is it worth the Pels dealing AD for Ingram, Kuzma, 4 and 7? As the resident Pels fan, I think I'd take it. 3 top 7 picks with 2 good young players is a nice haul. Ingram though presents his own problems if you trade for him. What the hell do you pay him after the season?

Any trade that gets that bust Lonzo out of town is fine by me

Joey Bats famous home run and bat flip was one of my favorite moments because of how crazy that crowd came across.

I actually was in Toronto watching my Dodgers a few years ago, and while we weren’t doing anything obnoxious we certainly were rooting hard and the whole sections around us were very aware of us. Toronto hit a go ahead homer in the 8th and the place was going nuts. Everybody with me bolted up the aisle and into the concourse as soon as that ball went over the fence. I was left to take the brunt of the Toronto fans. It was all in good fun though, but man with the noise in that place after that homer and everyone around me wanting to get their 2 cents in towards me...it was quite an experience, lol.

If the situation was reversed the Jays fans would have gotten stabbed

On the defensive stats: Does (and how) it account for things like Steph or Lillard going off from 35 feet, or being caught in a poor switch or rotation, through no fault of your own?
I'll hang up and listen.

Last edited:
The big takeaway is Charlotte is royally and Giannis is eligible for 5 years $247 million.

Magic getting the blame is laughable.
LeBron didn’t meet with Jeanie and Pelinka during the early of FA it was Magic.
Lakers fans are pissed because Magic left but he isn’t the problem.

lmfao

nobody on the lakers closed lebron. that meeting was pure theater. lebron was going there regardless.

time to eliminate the corner three

lmfao

nobody on the lakers closed lebron. that meeting was pure theater. lebron was going there regardless.
LeBron wanted LA but he respected Magic. We don’t know if he respects Pelinka but with the fact Kobe and LeBron have an icy relationship and Pelinka is Kobe’s guy it’s a real question.

Magic wasn’t the problem with the Lakers organization dysfunction. Fans can feel whatever they want but Magic left the organization in fine shape. Pelinka is a bigger problem.

LeBron wanted LA but he respected Magic. We don’t know if he respects Pelinka but with the fact Kobe and LeBron have an icy relationship and Pelinka is Kobe’s guy it’s a real question.

Magic wasn’t the problem with the Lakers organization dysfunction. Fans can feel whatever they want but Magic left the organization in fine shape. Pelinka is a bigger problem.
you're wrong dude. magic wasn't the only problem with the lakers, but he most certainly was a problem. his best role is being the glad handing face of the franchise, like he has been with the dodgers. but he was uninterested in being an actual executive and he was unwilling or unable to come to grips with the rules regarding tampering.

this does not exonerate pelinka, nor the buss children. i am pretty confident saying the latter have displayed a lack of competence but i think we still have to give pelinka an incomplete.

So who’s the idiot who voted Westbrook over Curry for All NBA.

9 people didn't vote Steph first team. The guy who voted Russ stood out to me too.

On the corner 3, can they not just make it the same distance all the way around? Increase court width?

time to eliminate the corner three
View attachment 164018

ESPN posted an article recently(maybe Zach Lowe) that they should make the corners the same distance as the top of the key and there would barely be any room to setup if you were a shooter. I kind of would like to see that happen just to see the result. Either way strategy would change. It would give teams like the Warriors even more of an advantage with Curry and Klay and hurt the overall value of players like PJ Tucker.

I don’t get how Kyrie Irving made second team all-NBA this year and Klay Thompson didn’t make even third team.

I think Kyrie is a good player but he wasn’t a top 10 player this year.

Gobert being eligible for a 5 year 246.9 million is hilarious.
Nice player but that will be an insane contract the moment it’s signed.

9 people didn't vote Steph first team. The guy who voted Russ stood out to me too.

On the corner 3, can they not just make it the same distance all the way around? Increase court width?

See my response above. Keep the corner three and don’t change the size of the court. You still have 15 inches of real estate. Now a lot of guys feet would be too big, but that’s interesting to me.

-insert laughing/crying face-

At least I put money down on Toronto tonight.

ESPN posted an article recently(maybe Zach Lowe) that they should make the corners the same distance as the top of the key and there would barely be any room to setup if you were a shooter. I kind of would like to see that happen just to see the result. Either way strategy would change. It would give teams like the Warriors even more of an advantage with Curry and Klay and hurt the overall value of players like PJ Tucker.

It was probably Kirk Goldsberry?

He had another idea, not sure how feasible it would be, but basically make a 3 second rule on the corner 3, so keep it the same distance, but you wouldnt be able to park there and wait for a kick out.

Would probably need to add anothe ref to track how long guys have been parked out there. Like i said, not sure how feasible it is. Interesting idea

Some thoughts I had on the supermax stuff

1) Does this make the Hornets more or less likely to keep Kemba? If they don't want to offer him the supermax, does he take that as an insult and leave even if they offer more than anyone else can? (Also, Bobby Marks pointed this out on twitter, Kemba Walker is coming off a 4/48 deal; crazy to think the AAV on the supermax deal he is eligible for is nearly (44.3 vs 48) equal to the total value of the contract he's on right now
2) Are the Hornets happy he's now eligible or not?
3) There as video of Klay today learning he didn't make all NBA and isn't super max eligible, he was clearly disappointed and understandably so. He said something like he plays to win titles and not to make all NBA. Which, totally fair, and I buy it, but he's already won 3 titles, you think he'd trade another one for $40 million?

I don’t get how Kyrie Irving made second team all-NBA this year and Klay Thompson didn’t make even third team.

I think Kyrie is a good player but he wasn’t a top 10 player this year.

Gobert being eligible for a 5 year 246.9 million is hilarious.
Nice player but that will be an insane contract the moment it’s signed.

I know it didn't end great for Boston/Kyrie, but he was pretty awesome this year. At first blush, i'd have voted for him over Klay. Klay vs Kemba is interesting

Also, just thinking about this, Lebron made third team, and that's probably where he deserved to be. The talent at forward in the league right now preposterous. Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard, and Lebron all didnt make first team, and it was totally justified. That's ridiculous!

Some thoughts I had on the supermax stuff

1) Does this make the Hornets more or less likely to keep Kemba? If they don't want to offer him the supermax, does he take that as an insult and leave even if they offer more than anyone else can? (Also, Bobby Marks pointed this out on twitter, Kemba Walker is coming off a 4/48 deal; crazy to think the AAV on the supermax deal he is eligible for is nearly (44.3 vs 48) equal to the total value of the contract he's on right now
2) Are the Hornets happy he's now eligible or not?
3) There as video of Klay today learning he didn't make all NBA and isn't super max eligible, he was clearly disappointed and understandably so. He said something like he plays to win titles and not to make all NBA. Which, totally fair, and I buy it, but he's already won 3 titles, you think he'd trade another one for $40 million?

I know it didn't end great for Boston/Kyrie, but he was pretty awesome this year. At first blush, i'd have voted for him over Klay. Klay vs Kemba is interesting

Also, just thinking about this, Lebron made third team, and that's probably where he deserved to be. The talent at forward in the league right now preposterous. Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard, and Lebron all didnt make first team, and it was totally justified. That's ridiculous!
Kyrie was good but I just thought Thompson gets underrated because of who he plays with.
With the taxes of CA that extra 30 million is huge. The owners of Warriors could saved a ton on luxury tax by that Thompson snub.

The Hornets have to offer Kemba the super max or just completely tank and bottom out.

LeBron missed 17 games so he didn’t deserve to be above Giannis, Leonard, Durant or George this year.
Would you give Gobert 246 million?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom