NBA 2018-2019 | Page 191 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

What I don't like? He's a straight line player, not a great rebounder which could be an issue if he plays the 4, and IMHO he will never be one of your two best players. I think you can find the type of player he is later in the draft. I get why people like him and Atlanta obviously did. I'm in the minority but like all these picks, we can evaluate 5 years from now. Personally I think Jerome will be a better value than Hunter when we look back at this draft of UVA alums.

Think after the top 3 that some teams preferred to lock in highest floor guys instead of highest ceiling since there were no sure things. Hunter certainly would seem to have the highest floor of the rest of the lotto kids.

Danny Ainge took 3 point guards last night LOL...

Edit: Whoops 2. Didn't realize Jerome is headed to Phoenix.

What I don't like? He's a straight line player, not a great rebounder which could be an issue if he plays the 4, and IMHO he will never be one of your two best players. I think you can find the type of player he is later in the draft. I get why people like him and Atlanta obviously did. I'm in the minority but like all these picks, we can evaluate 5 years from now. Personally I think Jerome will be a better value than Hunter when we look back at this draft of UVA alums.
I think Atlanta did great with both top ten picks. The odds that neither become a plus starter is really low, and if they both develop you either have awesome depth or a really desirable trade asset to leverage into other help. Plus, these guys are going into an environment where the team is on the rise but not burdened yet with a ton of pressure or expectation, so they have some time to grow.

I think Atlanta did great with both top ten picks. The odds that neither become a plus starter is really low, and if they both develop you either have awesome depth or a really desirable trade asset to leverage into other help. Plus, these guys are going into an environment where the team is on the rise but not burdened yet with a ton of pressure or expectation, so they have some time to grow.

Agree. Loved their draft, MEM, NO, POR, DEN.

So the Celtics will have 34 million in cap space. Is that enough to fit Kemba?
I have heard Brogdon though is the guy they will target at PG.
I pray we somehow magically land kemba

Danny Ainge took 3 point guards last night LOL...

Edit: Whoops 2. Didn't realize Jerome is headed to Phoenix.
Maine drafted Waters and I guess Edwards could be a bench PG.

Maine drafted Waters and I guess Edwards could be a bench PG.
Jazz rumor is Favors to Celtics for Yabusele, Edwards, and maybe some other stuff to create a trade exception for the Jazz, but I'd imagine the Celtics only do that if free agency is a bust for them.

Jazz rumor is Favors to Celtics for Yabusele, Edwards, and maybe some other stuff to create a trade exception for the Jazz, but I'd imagine the Celtics only do that if free agency is a bust for them.
I didn't see that yet but I'm not sure the trade exemption would fill Favors spot in the starting lineup. I know they want the exemption but that would be a big gaping empty spot.

Brissett playing with the Clippers in Summer League.

Battle signed with T-Wolves.
Good situation for tyus, that organization is likely nearing a complete rebuild

I didn't see that yet but I'm not sure the trade exemption would fill Favors spot in the starting lineup. I know they want the exemption but that would be a big gaping empty spot.

My guess would be that they would then use the exemption to take in the Conley contract so that they would still have FA money left over. That would make way more sense.

My guess would be that they would then use the exemption to take in the Conley contract so that they would still have FA money left over. That would make way more sense.
That would make sense but it gets so complicated and they would need to sign a stretch four like Tobias Harris to really upgrade. I've seen Kevin Love 's name but not sure how I feel about that.

Trade exceptions can only be used if you’re already over the cap. It essentially acts as a cap hold. If you’re under the cap, the trade exception disappears.

Trade exceptions can only be used if you’re already over the cap. It essentially acts as a cap hold. If you’re under the cap, the trade exception disappears.

So their order of operations on the 6th would have to become, sign FA(s), Favors deal, Conley deal I think. I dunno if that's possible. I'm starting to confuse myself on why it would be mentioned for any other reason.

Windhorst and MacMullen hearing 4 years $112 million for Horford to Dallas

Moving to Texas next month and picked the Mavs to be my TX team and as a future somewhat of a fan, I don't like it!

MacMullen said in Boston local TV last night that the Celtics offered Horford 4 years in the end but they weren’t going over 100 million and their was a team with that offer out there.
I read on Tuesday it was Dallas and I guess it was.

I guess the latest is Windhorst is saying that Kyrie and KD are leaning toward the Nets. The Knick fan base reaction over that will be interesting.

It’s just a matter of time isn’t it?

I really think Melo ends up on the Lakers bench for the veterans minimum. He and LeBron are tight and LeBron trusts/knows Melo is someone who isn’t going to shy away from any big moment.

And I think if Melo understands his role and is ok with it he can be a guy that is effective spacing the floor and giving you some minutes off the bench.

I guess the latest is Windhorst is saying that Kyrie and KD are leaning toward the Nets. The Knick fan base reaction over that will be interesting.
If KD leaves for Nets I mean wow.

Stephen A. will be fun to watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom