NBA 2018-2019 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

I bet Dion is included in a trade for Butler. Just a hunch.

I will be so pissed if Dion goes to Minnesota to squander whats left of a promising career. Wiggins is the least ideal pairing.

Couldn’t agree more. Miami has been so good for him, he just got hurt. Would hate to see him shipped out to the graveyard for SU b-ball players career prospects.

Would honestly rather see Waiters in phoenix before minnesota

Tristan Thompson...yikes.

"We're still four-time Eastern Conference champions, so until you take us down from that, teams ain't got much to say. Boston, Philly, they ain't got much to say," Thompson told reporters on Thursday. "Boston had homecourt Game 7 and lost. Philly, you guys almost got swept. Toronto -- we already know that story. So until someone takes us down, there's not much they can really say."

"We're still four-time Eastern Conference champions, so until you take us down from that, teams ain't got much to say. Boston, Philly, they ain't got much to say," Thompson told reporters on Thursday. "Boston had homecourt Game 7 and lost. Philly, you guys almost got swept. Toronto -- we already know that story. So until someone takes us down, there's not much they can really say."
I mean, he's not wrong.

I'd gladly take him on the Bucks but I can understand not wanting to be paying Butler $30-40 million per year into his 30s on what's currently a rebuilding team. On the flipside though, the rumor has always been that Kyrie and Butler want to play together, so theoretically, if you could swing a deal for Butler, you could end up with Kyrie, Butler, Porzingis, Knox, and a high draft pick this year and suddenly you're a legit threat in the East.

I could totally see it for the Bucks. They could win the east this year if they had Butler.

I'm still (semi seriously) holding out hope for Durant on the Knicks next year

I've missed the NBA so much these last few months.

Did anyone read the Zach Lowe piece a few weeks ago about the NBA absurd comedy HOF? gold.

So Kyrie committed to the Celtics long term last night.
The next superstar on the list is Anthony Davis.
It’s gotta be either the Lakers, Bulls, or Celtics if he decides not to sign long term with Pels.

So Kyrie committed to the Celtics long term last night.
The next superstar on the list is Anthony Davis.
It’s gotta be either the Lakers, Bulls, or Celtics if he decides not to sign long term with Pels.

“Kyrie iz sellfish cuz he should take a discount so da Celtics can sign more good players.” - direct quote from the NBA rube fans in a few years if the Celtics don’t win a title.

“Kyrie iz sellfish cuz he should take a discount so da Celtics can sign more good players.” - direct quote from the NBA rube fans in a few years if the Celtics don’t win a title.
Kyrie will get his max as he should. Boston wouldn’t have cap space even if he took less.
They are going to have to go over the luxury tax when they sign Brown and Tatum.
If they don’t win the East this year they will use Horford’s contract and the Sacramento pick for an upgrade.

Kyrie will get his max as he should. Boston wouldn’t have cap space even if he took less.
They are going to have to go over the luxury tax when they sign Brown and Tatum.
If they don’t win the East this year they will use Horford’s contract and the Sacramento pick for an upgrade.

Unfortunately, details don’t matter to the rubes. If a player is making a lot of money and the team doesn’t win a championship, it’s his fault no matter what.

Could Marcus Smart possibly be any more dramatic? Good lord. All that posturing and tough talk...over what?

Clown.

This Jimmy Butler story...smh. He really came to practice for the first time this year and was yelling at the GM, coach, teammates, etc?

Wow. Total train wreck. I’m laughing just imaging this scene.

Last edited:
This Jimmy Butler story...smh. He really came to practice for the first time this year and was yelling at the GM, coach, teammates, etc?

Ha, Thibs.

Personally im not sure i blame him. Kat and wiggins aren’t bought in to doing what it takes to be contenders, and thibs is thibs.

I guess butler grabbed the third stringers and not only beat the starters but dominated.

Put Butler on San Antonio or Miami and look out.

and apparently dominated both ends of the court
Many of the Minnesota players left practice energized by Butler's performance, mesmerized with him taking several end-of-the-bench players and running the table in scrimmage games against the regulars, league sources said. After punctuating the final victory at the end of practice, Butler marched out of the gym as though to emphasize he had proven his point, sources said. Coaches and players were largely speechless, league sources said.

Bet Melo’s told Butler to either get his money or get out because his careers dying in Minnesota.

This is Butler’s gut check to an absurdly gutless team. Id take Butler today if I was Pop, Riley or hell even portland if they want a shot

Personally im not sure i blame him. Kat and wiggins aren’t bought in to doing what it takes to be contenders, and thibs is thibs.

I guess butler grabbed the third stringers and not only beat the starters but dominated.

Put Butler on San Antonio or Miami and look out.

Eh, not sure I really buy it on Towns. Guy has averaged 21 and 12. Yes he needs to improve on D and keep developing, but frankly...where was Jimmy when was 21? Marquette? He wasn’t putting 21 and 12 up. He hasn’t exactly won anything either. Very good player though.

Bet Melo’s told Butler to either get his money or get out because his careers dying in Minnesota.

This is Butler’s gut check to an absurdly gutless team. Id take Butler today if I was Pop, Riley or hell even portland if they want a shot

This isn’t how you lead a team. Especially when you haven’t done squat. MJ or Kobe, he is not.

He’s approaching Dwight Howard levels of corniness though. He’s just mad they slow played his contract and paid Towns first, he’s not some psycho driven winner. The hell has he done?

LOL at that Butler interview. This was all just a carefully orchestrated agent aided move. Lots of money at stake. I respect the hustle. He’s so corny though. He gave an interview after/about practice with Rachel Nichols who just happens to be in Minnesota today! Lol, wow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom