NBA 2018-2019 | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

The last 3.5 years Lillard has averaged 26-6-4, 58% true shooting. the defense is probably a little iffy, but he's kind of a monster
Eye test, he's also very good late in games.

The game/series winner he hit against Houston in 2014 is an underrated clutch shot.
Yeah, he can make big last second shots, but also in a lot of the games I've seen him he hits another gear when it's close with 5 or 6 minutes left.

If you're facing him and it's late and close, he's gonna scare you.

100% agree. Lowry is a nice player but Lillard blows him out of the water. A lot of lack of exposure up there i the Pacific NW paired with the great guards in the West has hampered him when it comes to recognition.

Lillard was particularly amazing last year, but I think the last couple years prior to that, you could reasonably argue for Lowry over him, and while I think Lillard was better last season, I don't think the gap was all that large. Up until this year, Lowry was definitely in that same discussion for being severely underrated IMO.

Anthony Davis finally did it! Wants to be traded to a team that offers him the ability to contend on a consistent basis.

tenor.gif

Anthony Davis finally did it! Wants to be traded to a team that offers him the ability to contend on a consistent basis.

Lakers are on the clock as they can make a serious run at Davis before the celts can do it before July 1st. AT least Davis has given the Pelicans time to deal him and maximize. Lakers aren't going to want wait for the Celts to get involved but Pelicans will most likely want to wait because Celts have better assets and draft picks.

Should be interesting

Lakers are on the clock as they can make a serious run at Davis before the celts can do it before July 1st. AT least Davis has given the Pelicans time to deal him and maximize. Lakers aren't going to want wait for the Celts to get involved but Pelicans will most likely want to wait because Celts have better assets and draft picks.

Should be interesting

As somewhat of a Pels fan, I can't see a Lakers package that makes sense. Ingram and Ball just aren't showing the kind of trajectory that you can accept as the main piece in a AD trade and Kuzma is probably destined to be a good stats/bad team guy. It either has to be the Celts or see if Philly will send over Ben Simmons to break up the iffy chemistry that they seem to have going on.

As somewhat of a Pels fan, I can't see a Lakers package that makes sense. Ingram and Ball just aren't showing the kind of trajectory that you can accept as the main piece in a AD trade and Kuzma is probably destined to be a good stats/bad team guy. It either has to be the Celts or see if Philly will send over Ben Simmons to break up the iffy chemistry that they seem to have going on.

Agreed, I think you have to wait for the Celtics unless something comes out of left field. Celtics have much better assets to offer than the Lakers and other than Hart/ Kuzma I would not be interested in much on their roster

Either Lakers trade for AD now or they never get him. They'd be stupid to punt another year of LeBron at this point in his career to try and maneuver cap space for AD in 2020. Just go all in or they'll miss on him like they did Paul George and Kawhi.

I'm interested in Philly as a dark horse. They really are the ones who have the best offer with Simmons as a potential center piece. I don't know the rules on Butler but he could be another guy that is enticing as a main player to get back with Fultz and other supplemental pieces.

Boston offer looks great on paper but I don't see AD wanting to be in Boston long term versus Philly or LA. Then if Kyrie leaves this offseason and if Boston has to give up a bunch of young prospects to get AD I'm not sure if they're a legit title contender either which is what he's looking for.

Edit: Have seen some other ideas that Dallas puts something huge together to get AD and Luka paired up long term. Denver throwing a package of their young guys and picks to pair him with Jokic. Knicks offering up Kristaps, Knox and a top lotto pick with cap space hoping AD lures in some big name free agents. Should be a lot of fun to see what unfolds.

Last edited:
I'm going to laugh if Boston ships Hayward out.

I'm also going to laugh if the LeBron plan comes together and he gets his coach fired, ships out all the youth with upside for Anthony Davis, and ends up frustrated with his roster because all they have left to work with is washed up LeBron bros. And oh by the way it isn't enough to overcome the Warriors anyway.

Any chance a dark horse contender could emerge like could Davis behind the scenes be in love with Pop or Doc Rivers or something and maneuver his way to an organization like that?

Brian Windhorst on Get Up just threw the Knicks into the ring as a dark horse candidate. Said NY is one of the few teams that AD would actually sign an extension with.

Brian Windhorst on Get Up just threw the Knicks into the ring as a dark horse candidate. Said NY is one of the few teams that AD would actually sign an extension with.
See that could actually be cool.

It would be fun for the Knicks to have a chance to be good again. At least for a little while.

I'm also going to laugh if the LeBron plan comes together and he gets his coach fired, ships out all the youth with upside for Anthony Davis, and ends up frustrated with his roster because all they have left to work with is washed up LeBron bros. And oh by the way it isn't enough to overcome the Warriors anyway.

Any chance a dark horse contender could emerge like could Davis behind the scenes be in love with Pop or Doc Rivers or something and maneuver his way to an organization like that?

I think this is the last year of the Warriors being on their own level. I really think Durant is elsewhere next season, don't see Cousins being back and GSW elite level role players like Iggy and Livingston are getting older. Now you'll still have Thompson, Green and Curry but that core trio is very beatable in a playoff series.

See that could actually be cool.

It would be fun for the Knicks to have a chance to be good again. At least for a little while.

As a long-suffering Knicks fan, I would love it. Also, as a long-suffering Knicks fan, I know there's no chance it will happen. Most likely scenario is that all of the top free agents pass on the Knicks and we sign Draymond Green and DeAndre Jordan to max deals.

Either Lakers trade for AD now or they never get him. They'd be stupid to punt another year of LeBron at this point in his career to try and maneuver cap space for AD in 2020. Just go all in or they'll miss on him like they did Paul George and Kawhi.

I'm interested in Philly as a dark horse. They really are the ones who have the best offer with Simmons as a potential center piece. I don't know the rules on Butler but he could be another guy that is enticing as a main player to get back with Fultz and other supplemental pieces.

Boston offer looks great on paper but I don't see AD wanting to be in Boston long term versus Philly or LA. Then if Kyrie leaves this offseason and if Boston has to give up a bunch of young prospects to get AD I'm not sure if they're a legit title contender either which is what he's looking for.

Edit: Have seen some other ideas that Dallas puts something huge together to get AD and Luka paired up long term. Denver throwing a package of their young guys and picks to pair him with Jokic. Knicks offering up Kristaps, Knox and a top lotto pick with cap space hoping AD lures in some big name free agents. Should be a lot of fun to see what unfolds.

Problem is whether or not the Lakers have a centerpiece that is worthwhile which I don't think they do. They don't have a definite future all-star nor a top 10 pick to offer. Butler certainly isn't going to be a centerpiece of a trade given his FA status at the end of the year. Dallas has absolutely nothing to offer that gets them a call back outside of Luka and that situation would just be New Orleans but a few hours west. Seems like the only things that are realistic is NY for Porzingis and filler, Chicago for 1 of Carter or Markkanen and their 1st if the pick ends up in the top 2, Philly for Simmons and filler or Boston for Tatum and the Kings/Griz picks. No other teams have assets to match those that are realistic and also possible re-signing spots.

Can't imagine him being interested in San Antonio and they don't really have young assets that are on that level. Same with the Clips.

Can't imagine him being interested in San Antonio and they don't really have young assets that are on that level. Same with the Clips.
Yeah, I know, it's just more fun when weird stuff happens.

Problem is whether or not the Lakers have a centerpiece that is worthwhile which I don't think they do. They don't have a definite future all-star nor a top 10 pick to offer. Butler certainly isn't going to be a centerpiece of a trade given his FA status at the end of the year. Dallas has absolutely nothing to offer that gets them a call back outside of Luka and that situation would just be New Orleans but a few hours west. Seems like the only things that are realistic is NY for Porzingis and filler, Chicago for 1 of Carter or Markkanen and their 1st if the pick ends up in the top 2, Philly for Simmons and filler or Boston for Tatum and the Kings/Griz picks. No other teams have assets to match those that are realistic and also possible re-signing spots.

I don't think Porzingis has to be involved in the deal with the Knicks (although I'd be ok with trading him because I'm worried about his long-term health). I think the Knicks first rounder (real good chance of being #1 overall), Kevin Knox, Mitchell Robinson and an expiring contract like Kanter could be enough. It goes through on the ESPN NBA trade machine, even without the first round pick.

Good points on Dallas and Butler.

I don't think Boston is an option because I don't think AD would sign an extension there. All signs point to him not really wanting anything to do with Boston which would make Ainge foolish to give up the assets it would require. Which if that's the case and Kyrie walks this offseason that has to be pretty disappointing for the Celtics to have all those assets and cap space with high hopes and more or less end up with Brown, Gordon who is a mystery at what he is post-injury and Tatum.

Lakers could still just give a big haul of Kuzma, Ingram, Lonzo, Hart, Zubac, some picks for filler and N.O. can see if they benefit from a change of scenery. I agree though that that isn't a very enticing return relative to the Bulls or Knicks.

Knicks is who I think is the big wildcard. KP, Knox and some other pieces or if they get the #1 pick then that pick and a package of players. Knicks with potentially say either Zion or Barrett from the 1-3 pick/KP with AD and Durant/Kyrie is really, really tough.

Reading Philly is saying they aren't going to make an offer for the time being.

Plan B (in my dreams) is deal off Kyrie and get D Lil out of Portland as a return

It’s Lakers now or Philly/Boston in the summer.

Boston can give up one of Smart/Rozier, Tatum/Brown, Horford’s contract and Sacramento and Memphis picks.

Plan B (in my dreams) is deal off Kyrie and get D Lil out of Portland as a return

Kyrie isn't gonna be dealt. He's either resigning or not and he's said he is.

Good points on Dallas and Butler.

I don't think Boston is an option because I don't think AD would sign an extension there. All signs point to him not really wanting anything to do with Boston which would make Ainge foolish to give up the assets it would require. Which if that's the case and Kyrie walks this offseason that has to be pretty disappointing for the Celtics to have all those assets and cap space with high hopes and more or less end up with Brown, Gordon who is a mystery at what he is post-injury and Tatum.

Lakers could still just give a big haul of Kuzma, Ingram, Lonzo, Hart, Zubac, some picks for filler and N.O. can see if they benefit from a change of scenery. I agree though that that isn't a very enticing return relative to the Bulls or Knicks.

Knicks is who I think is the big wildcard. KP, Knox and some other pieces or if they get the #1 pick then that pick and a package of players. Knicks with potentially say either Zion or Barrett from the 1-3 pick/KP with AD and Durant/Kyrie is really, really tough.

Reading Philly is saying they aren't going to make an offer for the time being.

I've never seen anything at any time indicating hes not interested in Boston.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom