NBA 2018-2019 | Page 54 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

" should have just traded him" Like I said remains to be seen but if they hire a new GM who is reporting directly to the team owner that GM will have a ton of power and responsibility. The new GM should be the one to deal a top 5 player and pave the way for the future. It's much more appealing to a new GM to have that asset going in.

AD and Klutch made the mess, Pels have every right to do what they have done as Klucth has done everything they can do to poison the environment and force the Pels hand to trade AD to the Lakers. Just don't think Gayle Benson and Loomis wanted to eat their poop. Loomis has to be looked at as almost a minority owner at this point, clearly he is trusted by the Bensons

I should add that I think AD and his agent have handled the whole thing poorly too.

" should have just traded him" Like I said remains to be seen but if they hire a new GM who is reporting directly to the team owner that GM will have a ton of power and responsibility. The new GM should be the one to deal a top 5 player and pave the way for the future. It's much more appealing to a new GM to have that asset going in.

AD and Klutch made the mess, Pels have every right to do what they have done as Klucth has done everything they can do to poison the environment and force the Pels hand to trade AD to the Lakers. Just don't think Gayle Benson and Loomis wanted to eat their poop. Loomis has to be looked at as almost a minority owner at this point, clearly he is trusted by the Bensons

That is a fair point about Demps’ time being up and wanting the new GM to be the one to make any deal.

I think NO made a big mistake not maxing Cousins and keeping Rondo for a couple more season. I think they could’ve pushed for the number 2 team in the West this year, and it may have kept Davis in the fold.

I think they technically can but it's super close. The roster leftover would basically be those three, Dameyon Dotson, and whatever guys they can scoop up with minimum contracts and exceptions.

Even if they can only swing Durant and Davis as the stars, I would still love to build around that. You're talking about, when healthy, probably two of the top 5 players in the NBA in the prime of their careers.

Kevin Pelton did a story a few weeks ago, I think as long as their first rounder is 5 or better, they can make the money work

Even though I think Zion is going to be a bust, I think it's a smart play to have a guy on a rookie deal that can be an all-star level player.

I just despise this mentality from stars that the only guys worth playing with are other established stars.

Counterpoint: Lebron did join the Lakers this year. (obviously there's an assumption there are guys coming, but he did essentially give up this season)

Also: I can't decide if my initial comment is serious or not. I really do think Zion is going to be really special though. And Robinson is killing it right now. On the other hand; Anthony Davis.

I'm sure it won't take long for this to look dumb, but I really think theres like no way Zion isn't a star

Counterpoint: Lebron did join the Lakers this year. (obviously there's an assumption there are guys coming, but he did essentially give up this season)
I kinda think LeBron didn't really have a choice.

Great player, but you cede a loooooot of stuff if you have him on your team.

I think the universe of organizations willing to make those concessions was small.

I kinda think LeBron didn't really have a choice.

Great player, but you cede a loooooot of stuff if you have him on your team.

I think the universe of organizations willing to make those concessions was small.

Yeah I don't know. I have a feeling every team would've taken him if they had the cap space. But maybe I'm wrong. But he hasn't exactly had a lot of trouble finding people to pay him a lot of money.

Plus, he could've stayed in Cleveland to play with proven star Kevin Love!

Yeah I don't know. I have a feeling every team would've taken him if they had the cap space. But maybe I'm wrong. But he hasn't exactly had a lot of trouble finding people to pay him a lot of money.
I think you're vastly underestimating the egos of NBA front offices.

And just like that, boston’s on “the list”

Davis situation will be fun to monitor. When Ainge offers Brown, Rozier, and a draft pick I’m gonna laugh...

And when he does, he won't get the prize. These gms aren't radio call in fans. They have prepared for years to be in a position to strike if AD came avail. They aren't going to now blow that opportunity when it arrives. You low ball and miss out and there is no alternative available.

T
Davis situation will be fun to monitor. When Ainge offers Brown, Rozier, and a draft pick I’m gonna laugh...
if Kyrie resigns and Davis will sign an extension once traded Boston will give up Tatum probably take whomever New Orleans wants this year with the Sacramento pick, give them their pick, Al Horford or Gordon Heyward for the money, and the future Memphis lottery pick which how loaded the West and Gasol gone will be a good pick.
Plus I am sure one of Rozier or Smart as well.
If the foundation of the Celtics is Davis, Kyrie, Hayward, Brown that is a championship team.

Also, for some reason I have some kind of mental block where every time Joe Harris is brought up, I confuse him for Joe Alexander from West Virginia for a few seconds.

Like “that guy is still around? Thought he washed out of the league years ago...oh yeah. Not the same guy. He’s the one from Virginia.”

And when he does, he won't get the prize. These gms aren't radio call in fans. They have prepared for years to be in a position to strike if AD came avail. They aren't going to now blow that opportunity when it arrives. You low ball and miss out and there is no alternative available.

I love the notion that the Pelicans are somehow going to be forced to take a lowball offer for a top 5 NBA player because they decided they didn’t like the Lakers package.

I love the notion that the Pelicans are somehow going to be forced to take a lowball offer for a top 5 NBA player because they decided they didn’t like the Lakers package.

As if the Lakers offer of a bunch of nickels for a dollar wasn't the lowball offer itself.

Remember when people wanted to pretend D’angelo Russell wasn’t good when he was like 20?

People (including mouth breather Laker “fans”) like to jump the gun on our young guys, for some reason.

People are underrating the Lakers young players and overrating the Celtics young players.
0 of them are guaranteed future all stars. That should be the floor for dealing a top 5 overall player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom