NBA 2018-2019 | Page 55 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

0 of them are guaranteed future all stars. That should be the floor for dealing a top 5 overall player.

Good luck then. The “guaranteed all stars” are the guys who come into the league like LeBron, Durant...and Davis himself. Teams don’t trade those guys when they’re on rookie contracts, and there’s only a few of them.

In the month that LeBron missed, Ingram averaged 20, 5, and 4 and he plays defense. But the narrative is he’s having a “disappointing” year, when in reality his strengths are marginalized by LeBron at this point.

Lonzo’s injuries have been a huge reason the Lakers have struggled. He also defends. I’m much more concerned with how often he’s gotten hurt so far than I am with his actual play. He’s a guy who makes his team better on both ends IMO.

I would mostly agree, but in the context of a trade package like this, I think Tatum is far and away the best piece being offered (or potentially offered).

Agreed. I’m not buying it that they’ll offer him though.

Yes.
No.
Ball is better than Rozier.
Hart is better than Smart.

4 of the Celtics top 5 guys are veterans. Their “youth” is overrated other than Tatum.
Hart isn’t going to get the contract Smart got.
I wouldn’t take Lonzo he is a less athletic Rajon Rondo. I would take Rozier over Ball but Ball has the rookie deal and I don’t know how much Rozier will cost.
If Rozier is a 12 million dollar a year player I think he is good value.
Ball doesn’t have trade value.

Agreed. I’m not buying it that they’ll offer him though.

Lot of things need to come together. If Kyrie sticks around and Davis indicates he's willing to stay, I think they have to. Otherwise? Tough sell I think

Lot of things need to come together. If Kyrie sticks around and Davis indicates he's willing to stay, I think they have to. Otherwise? Tough sell I think
Hart isn’t going to get the contract Smart got.
I wouldn’t take Lonzo he is a less athletic Rajon Rondo. I would take Rozier over Ball but Ball has the rookie deal and I don’t know how much Rozier will cost.
If Rozier is a 12 million dollar a year player I think he is good value.
Ball doesn’t have trade value.
Not sure (could be, just haven't seen him enough) that Lonzo is the gamer that Rondo is. Rondo is stone cold. He will hurt you to win.

Last edited:
I would mostly agree, but in the context of a trade package like this, I think Tatum is far and away the best piece being offered (or potentially offered).
I would not give up Tatum for Davis, based upon injury history alone.

Kindve a bummer to see Wade and Dirk getting all this “one last all star game” love, while Carmelo is reviled by the media and exiled.

Maybe I’m the only one, but I actually thought the Saturday night events were really fun. Even the skills competition. ‍

And to think that I once looked forward to All Star Weekend. It's really bad.

I still enjoy it. Honestly think the best stuff is all the NBA TV segments all weekend, just listening to these guys talk hoop. The contests are still watchable for me.

The game is always terrible though.

Maybe I’m the only one, but I actually thought the Saturday night events were really fun. Even the skills competition. ‍

Yeah, I mean some are acting like the dunk contest sucked...I thought it was fine. Diallo was awesome. Smith just tried too many high degree of difficulty dunks that hurt his momentum, but he still made some great dunks. Bridges had one great dunk.

Harris and Curry were fun in the 3 pt contest. Skills is what it is...I’ve always liked it.

Yes.
No.
Ball is better than Rozier.
Hart is better than Smart.

4 of the Celtics top 5 guys are veterans. Their “youth” is overrated other than Tatum.

For the Lakers package to work, you have to believe in BI’s ceiling being much higher than he’s shown. Could he get there? Ya. Maybe.

I honestly think that Tatum, however, is overrated a bit (just a bit). I think Jaylen Brown is underrated (can’t you see him going to a team like the Spurs and all of a sudden being a poor man’s Kawhi?).

To be fair to the Lakers, Zo is way way underrated by the masses. He may never be an all star, but that dude is a solid PG and can play defense (amazingly considering where he was coming out of college). If Zo was just Joe Point Guard without all the BS, I think he would be valued more.

For the Lakers package to work, you have to believe in BI’s ceiling being much higher than he’s shown. Could he get there? Ya. Maybe.

I honestly think that Tatum, however, is overrated a bit (just a bit). I think Jaylen Brown is underrated (can’t you see him going to a team like the Spurs and all of a sudden being a poor man’s Kawhi?).

To be fair to the Lakers, Zo is way way underrated by the masses. He may never be an all star, but that dude is a solid PG and can play defense (amazingly considering where he was coming out of college). If Zo was just Joe Point Guard without all the BS, I think he would be valued more.

Tatum seems to have stagnated a bit since last year hasn’t he? Doesn’t seem like he improved much.

Tatum seems to have stagnated a bit since last year hasn’t he? Doesn’t seem like he improved much.

Yeah - I just don’t think he’s all-NBA caliber. Maybe I’m wrong. I think he can be an all star. He’s real good though and I enjoy watching him.

Tatum is 20 and averaging 16.5 PPG, 6.3 RPG.
He is the second best player on the team right now.
He will be an all-star real soon.

I still enjoy it. Honestly think the best stuff is all the NBA TV segments all weekend, just listening to these guys talk hoop. The contests are still watchable for me.

The game is always terrible though.

I should add I also like seeing all the old guys around. Glen Rice, Muggsy, Dell Curry, Zo..

I spotted Jerry Stackhouse in the crowd for the dunk contest. It’s a celebration of the game and they do a great job with that IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom