NBA 2018-2019 | Page 58 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

Giannis, George, Harden for me. Defense matters.

George is on fire right now ... he has this way about him where scoring is effortless .. he’s much better than I thought he would be post that horrific injury ..

if Westbrook doesn’t foul out , I think he takes the last shot there and they probably lose

George is on fire right now ... he has this way about him where scoring is effortless .. he’s much better than I thought he would be post that horrific injury ..

if Westbrook doesn’t foul out , I think he takes the last shot there and they probably lose

Took the one at the end of regulation and bricked it.

Speaking of Giannis...his 3 point percentage by month:

October: 6.3%
November: 14.3%
December: 22.2%
January: 30.6%
February: 45.5%

And this is on 2-3 3PA per game every month, so it's not really as small a sample size as you might think.

Edit: Just realized ESPN had the All Star game in their game log this month that was weighing his 3PT% down. It's actually 45.5% this month.

Last edited:
Speaking of Giannis...his 3 point percentage by month:

October: 6.3%
November: 14.3%
December: 22.2%
January: 30.6%
February: 38.9%

And this is on 2-3 3PA per game every month, so it's not really as small a sample size as you might think.

He gets it to 36% for a year, game’s over. He’s fully taking the torch.

He gets it to 36% for a year, game’s over. He’s fully taking the torch.

He’s gotta do something in the playoffs first. I’ve watched him make some dumb plays in crunch time while losing there, more than a few times...and nobody cared or said much.

Knicks fans, would you rather have for next year:

KD + Kyrie + a Non-Zion lottery pick (RJ/Cam/etc)
KD + other FA not on Kyrie's tier (like a Kemba/Jimmy) + Zion

Two man race between Giannis and George imo

The refs came out and said that the game clock should have started immediately but shot clock doesn’t start until Brook touches it. So if Brook had tipped the ball (which he did IMO), it would have been a legal play. The refs said he caught and shot the ball instead and therefore it’s a violation because there was less than 0.3 seconds on the shot clock.

Also, even if Brook did catch and shoot it, the refs messed up the game clock when they reviewed the play too. They only took 0.2 seconds off the game clock even though it should have started on Giannis’ tip, so even in that scenario, Boston should have only had like 2 seconds instead of 3.5.

Few days late, but I've been busy, sue me...

Interesting. It kind of makes sense, but say Milwaukee was inbounding the ball, if their inbound pass was tipped by a boston player first, do the shot and game clock both begin at the same time? I would assume so.

I also seem to remember a few years ago, in that situation, they would reset the shot clock to 5 if there was a jump ball with that little time remaining on the shot clock. Anyone else remember this or am I way off?

Luka Doncic is really good at basketball.

There was a part of basketball twitter saying he was too slow and unathletic (white) to be a star before the season started. What a take to have.

If they re-did the 2018 draft, where does Mitchell Robinson go? The guy has been incredible in somewhat limited minutes. The guy has a 10.4% block rate, here is the list of people who have played at least 500 minutes in a season with a better block rate:

Manute Bol
That's it. (Ok, it's 4 Bol seasons, but still) He's also shooting a very nice 69% from the field.

Doncic obviously goes 1. Ayton is still probably top 2 or 3. I would think Jaren Jackson is ahead of him. Trae I think. But Robinson may be a top 5 pick in a redraft

There was a part of basketball twitter saying he was too slow and unathletic (white) to be a star before the season started. What a take to have.

If they re-did the 2018 draft, where does Mitchell Robinson go? The guy has been incredible in somewhat limited minutes. The guy has a 10.4% block rate, here is the list of people who have played at least 500 minutes in a season with a better block rate:

Manute Bol
That's it. (Ok, it's 4 Bol seasons, but still) He's also shooting a very nice 69% from the field.

Doncic obviously goes 1. Ayton is still probably top 2 or 3. I would think Jaren Jackson is ahead of him. Trae I think. But Robinson may be a top 5 pick in a redraft
Doncic has some chaos to his game, and he has way too many turnovers that make for an easy bucket going the other way, but he's going to figure that stuff out.

Do you like Robinson more than Knox these days?

Manute Bol

Not sure if you've been following Bagley lately, but it may go Doncic and then Bagley. He's been awesome lately. Trae, JJJ and Ayton round out the top 5 in some order.

Not sure if you've been following Bagley lately, but it may go Doncic and then Bagley. He's been awesome lately. Trae, JJJ and Ayton round out the top 5 in some order.
Impossible, Bagley's game doesn't translate to teh modernz NBa.

Last edited:
So how do the Lakers claw into the playoffs?

Right now they're tied with the T'Wolves of all teams.

Three games back of 8th in the playoff race and the clock is ticking.

I don't think it's helping that when they beat the Rockets it was because LeBron said he had his playoff intensity up and that when they lost to two crappy teams it's because "the team" doesn't have urgency and is feeling pressure and whatnot.

Basically, is LeBron going to own this? I think that's the only way they have a shot.

once they fall a few more games back Lefraud will shut it down with an "injury". I hate that he's on my team.

So how do the Lakers claw into the playoffs?

Right now they're tied with the T'Wolves of all teams.

Three games back of 8th in the playoff race and the clock is ticking.

I don't think it's helping that when they beat the Rockets it was because LeBron said he had his playoff intensity up and that when they lost to two crappy teams it's because "the team" doesn't have urgency and is feeling pressure and whatnot.

Basically, is LeBron going to own this? I think that's the only way they have a shot.

They have a really hard schedule left. Even if Bron is on his game, it's going to be tough. Spurs are doing everything possible to hand a playoff spot to another team and the Clips *should* try to tank.

BI is playing great lately.

They have a really hard schedule left. Even if Bron is on his game, it's going to be tough. Spurs are doing everything possible to hand a playoff spot to another team and the Clips *should* try to tank.

If David Stern was still running things, I'd firmly affix my tin foil hat that background shenanigans would ensure that the Lakers make it because he's not going to have a major large market franchise left out.

With Silver running things... I don't know. Popularity has been growing with big city franchises not leading the way.

Kings have a tough schedule too. I'm rooting for them.

clippers - or at least their announcers - want to make the playoffs. their feeling is that would be more appealing to free agents (coughkawhi) - that they are an almost finished project that just needs an alpha to take them over the top

clippers - or at least their announcers - want to make the playoffs. their feeling is that would be more appealing to free agents (coughkawhi) - that they are an almost finished project that just needs an alpha to take them over the top
I can see it, they don't have many guys under contract for next season, but between Gallo, Harrell, SGA and Sweet Lou, that's a core + superstar that you would think you can put pieces around and be successful.

I can see it, they don't have many guys under contract for next season, but between Gallo, Harrell, SGA and Sweet Lou, that's a core + superstar that you would think you can put pieces around and be successful.
and i like zubac. lakers messed up there (again)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom