NBA 2018-2019 | Page 59 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

Kareem don’t give a damn about them rings and trophies. He’s trying to help the kids by auctioning them off. Respect!

"When it comes to choosing between storing a championship ring or trophy in a room, or providing kids with an opportunity to change their lives, the choice is pretty simple. Sell it all," Abdul-Jabbar wrote on his blog about why he's auctioning off valuables from his sports history.

"Looking back on what I have done with my life, instead of gazing at the sparkle of jewels or gold plating celebrating something I did a long time ago, I'd rather look into the delighted face of a child holding their first caterpillar and think about what I might be doing for their future.

"That's a history that has no price."

"Since my life is still happening and ever-evolving, I am less personally attached to those items than I am to my desire to create new history for myself -- and futures for others," Abdul-Jabbar said. "Much of the proceeds from my auction will go to support my charity, the Skyhook Foundation, whose mission is to 'give kids a shot that can't be blocked.'

"We do this by sending children from economically challenged schools to five days in the Angeles National Forest to experience the wonders of nature and learn the basics about science, technology, and engineering."

Kareem don’t give a damn about them rings and trophies. He’s trying to help the kids by auctioning them off. Respect!

"When it comes to choosing between storing a championship ring or trophy in a room, or providing kids with an opportunity to change their lives, the choice is pretty simple. Sell it all," Abdul-Jabbar wrote on his blog about why he's auctioning off valuables from his sports history.

"Looking back on what I have done with my life, instead of gazing at the sparkle of jewels or gold plating celebrating something I did a long time ago, I'd rather look into the delighted face of a child holding their first caterpillar and think about what I might be doing for their future.

"That's a history that has no price."

"Since my life is still happening and ever-evolving, I am less personally attached to those items than I am to my desire to create new history for myself -- and futures for others," Abdul-Jabbar said. "Much of the proceeds from my auction will go to support my charity, the Skyhook Foundation, whose mission is to 'give kids a shot that can't be blocked.'

"We do this by sending children from economically challenged schools to five days in the Angeles National Forest to experience the wonders of nature and learn the basics about science, technology, and engineering."
He Kondo'd his rings y'all.

Not sure if you've been following Bagley lately, but it may go Doncic and then Bagley. He's been awesome lately. Trae, JJJ and Ayton round out the top 5 in some order.

I think Bagley is still pretty bad defensively. Top 5 i could still see though.

Doncic has some chaos to his game, and he has way too many turnovers that make for an easy bucket going the other way, but he's going to figure that stuff out.

Do you like Robinson more than Knox these days?

I was never a Knox fan from the jump, so bad person to ask, but yes, by like a mile. This is somewhat blasphemous and guaranteed to make me look dumb, but there's a ton of Rudy Gobert in Robinson's game.

I think Bagley is still pretty bad defensively. Top 5 i could still see though.

I was never a Knox fan from the jump, so bad person to ask, but yes, by like a mile. This is somewhat blasphemous and guaranteed to make me look dumb, but there's a ton of Rudy Gobert in Robinson's game.
Not that crazy. There was Rudy Gobert in Rudy Gobert's game before he was Rudy Gobert.

Hot take:

Nick Van Exel and Mark Price would both average 25 ppg if they played in the NBA today, because “physical play” isn’t a thing, and their coaches wouldn’t be making them spend half the game dumping the ball into Elden Campbell and Hot Rod Williams.

Kyrie’s checked out. Wish we went in on Kemba or tried pulling D Lil out of Portland.

I can’t stand his interviews. I prefer Boeheim’s roberson postgames.

Oh god no I don’t.

Ya know, his playoff mode looks an awful lot like his regular season coasting mode.

I don't know, he can't win the big one.

Right now he can’t win enough to get home court s advantage in the first round. One of the most disappointing teams so far.

And yes, I’m taking pleasure in the failure of others because my team sucks again. So?

Right now he can’t win enough to get home court s advantage in the first round. One of the most disappointing teams so far.

And yes, I’m taking pleasure in the failure of others because my team sucks again. So?
Celtics have chemistry problems but they are still capable of doing what the Cavs did last playoffs as a 4/5 seed in the playoffs.
Philadelphia wants no part of them in the 4-5 series.

Celtics have chemistry problems but they are still capable of doing what the Cavs did last playoffs as a 4/5 seed in the playoffs.

Agreed.

I’d like to see Nate McMillan get the same praise guys like Stevens always do though.

He’s got probably the most overachieving team in the league two years running.

Agreed.

I’d like to see Nate McMillan get the same praise guys like Stevens always do though.

100%. I don't exactly what it is the Pacers are doing, but it's working.

100%. I don't exactly what it is the Pacers are doing, but it's working.

I thought for sure they’d drop down the standings when Oladipo got hurt, but nope. They’re winning more than ever.

I thought for sure they’d drop down the standings when Oladipo got hurt, but nope. They’re winning more than ever.
Yeah, and I don't think that's a commentary on Olidapo being overrated or over valued or anything either. I think it's just evidence that they play good basketball nearly every night with what they've got, and that's Nate McMillan.

Good thing Philly's not going to be on that side of the bracket.

Agreed.

What they are doing w/o Oladipo is crazy. It's not like Evans is doing anything at all either.

So is Brad Stevens still the greatest basketball coach in the history of western civilization?

I enjoyed this post, but it's tough when your superstar is screwing things up. (See Pop + Kawhi, but Kawhi wasn't really playing tho).

I still think Brad is up there.

I enjoyed this post, but it's tough when your superstar is screwing things up. (See Pop + Kawhi, but Kawhi wasn't really playing tho).

I still think Brad is up there.
Yeah, he's good. I think it helped that he had a "thing," because he got some notoriety for OOB plays.

Brandon Ingram is averaging 20 points, 6 rebounds, and 4 assists per game in the 2019 calendar year.

As far as I’m concerned, he’s off the table permanently.

Let the hate flow through you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom