NBA 2018-2019 | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

Brandon Ingram is averaging 20 points, 6 rebounds, and 4 assists per game in the 2019 calendar year.

As far as I’m concerned, he’s off the table permanently.

I really can't wait to see how this offseason works out for the Lakers. It seems like barring an unexpected player demanding a trade, the Lakers are basically going to be stuck in no man's land until LeBron leaves. Their margin for error here is so tiny.

I really can't wait to see how this offseason works out for the Lakers. It seems like barring an unexpected player demanding a trade, the Lakers are basically going to be stuck in no man's land until LeBron leaves. Their margin for error here is so tiny.

They really botched their post-LeBron pick-ups last summer. Surrounded him with all guys that had the exact wrong skill-set to work with him.

They really botched their post-LeBron pick-ups last summer. Surrounded him with all guys that had the exact wrong skill-set to work with him.

Signing a bunch of veterans who can’t shoot didn’t make a whole lot of sense to me, but I was hoping they knew something that I didn’t.

Signing a bunch of veterans who can’t shoot didn’t make a whole lot of sense to me, but I was hoping they knew something that I didn’t.
The thing I knew is that LeBron the GM sucks.

I really don't know if Bron + AD with a bunch of vets on low salaries and scrap heap guys wins in the West.

It's really too bad, because they have to get some credit for getting Bron, but he's made playing with him such a scene (not saying it's good or bad) that I can't imagine a lot of high profile players want to play with him - KD basically said as much.

I think Magic is not getting enough scrutiny here. He and Pawlenka have to take some of the heat. Magic's post playing career in the NBA has not been Bird-esque.

I really don't know if Bron + AD with a bunch of vets on low salaries and scrap heap guys wins in the West.

It's really too bad, because they have to get some credit for getting Bron, but he's made playing with him such a scene (not saying it's good or bad) that I can't imagine a lot of high profile players want to play with him - KD basically said as much.

Acquiring AD wouldn't really destroy their cap space THAT much. He's only getting paid like $25 mil next year. Those two combined still leaves like $40+ million for the rest of the roster (not including any players that wouldn't be included in the trade).

Also who knows what the West even looks like next year? With KD seemingly likely to head East, that opens things up in the West big time. A Lebron/AD pairing would instantly put them among the best in the West IMO.

Didn’t think sportscenter could get worse until Kyrie Irving post game pressers became a bi-daily feature.

Acquiring AD wouldn't really destroy their cap space THAT much. He's only getting paid like $25 mil next year. Those two combined still leaves like $40+ million for the rest of the roster (not including any players that wouldn't be included in the trade).

Also who knows what the West even looks like next year? With KD seemingly likely to head East, that opens things up in the West big time. A Lebron/AD pairing would instantly put them among the best in the West IMO.
I don't know, the West is just always tough.

So is Brad Stevens still the greatest basketball coach in the history of western civilization?

Brad needs to goon it up again like the Butler days. Haywood can teach the Celtics the Gordon suplex

Celtics have chemistry problems but they are still capable of doing what the Cavs did last playoffs as a 4/5 seed in the playoffs.
Philadelphia wants no part of them in the 4-5 series.

Philly is tied with Indy in the loss column with a game in hand. I think the sixers end up passing the pacers for the three seed.

I think Magic is not getting enough scrutiny here. He and Pawlenka have to take some of the heat. Magic's post playing career in the NBA has not been Bird-esque.

It's like he wants to make the Heatles West Coast, but there just isn't the same ability to land FAs (not to say his ability to get AD via trade).

I just don't know what Magic's plan B is if they don't land AD. And, to be honest, I don't know what his plan A I even if they land AD. I would guess they want AD + Klay to balance out with LeBron.

If the Pels don't trade AD to the Lakers, I have no idea who Magic will end up with. I think Klay is re-signing with the Dubs and Kawhi is going to the Clips and KD is going to the Knicks. Would they go after Draymond?

It's like he wants to make the Heatles West Coast, but there just isn't the same ability to land FAs (not to say his ability to get AD via trade).

I just don't know what Magic's plan B is if they don't land AD. And, to be honest, I don't know what his plan A I even if they land AD. I would guess they want AD + Klay to balance out with LeBron.

If the Pels don't trade AD to the Lakers, I have no idea who Magic will end up with. I think Klay is re-signing with the Dubs and Kawhi is going to the Clips and KD is going to the Knicks. Would they go after Draymond?

Can't even go after Draymond until the following year right?

Seems like assuming LA strikes out on AD, Klay, Kawhi, KD, and Kyrie, they basically have to hope another superstar demands a trade or they're stuck with signing guys like Eric Bledsoe, Khris Middleton, Jimmy Butler, maybe targeting someone like Beal, Wall, or Blake Griffin in trades, etc. None of it is really ideal.

Jimmy Butler.

Can't even go after Draymond until the following year right?

Seems like assuming LA strikes out on AD, Klay, Kawhi, KD, and Kyrie, they basically have to hope another superstar demands a trade or they're stuck with signing guys like Eric Bledsoe, Khris Middleton, Jimmy Butler, maybe targeting someone like Beal, Wall, or Blake Griffin in trades, etc. None of it is really ideal.
I think Jimmy Butler and LeBron would be a great pairing.

I'm not being sarcastic about that either. I think it would work.

Gotta be Butler which is going to be fun off the court. I think Draymond is in for a rude awakening when he becomes available.

it'll end up being kemba & vucevich

Last edited:
Philly is tied with Indy in the loss column with a game in hand. I think the sixers end up passing the pacers for the three seed.
That would be fine. As a Celtics fan, rather have them face Indy as a 4/5 than play Philly in 1st round.

beat me to this point. West could be wide open next year.

Just caught the last 5 minutes of Bucks vs Lakers, and LeBron just is not putting out any effort on the defensive end.

I know I #hatehard on the King, but it's bad.

He started his path to the locker room at 16 seconds left in the game. Couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Just caught the last 5 minutes of Bucks vs Lakers, and LeBron just is not putting out any effort on the defensive end.

He started his path to the locker room at 16 seconds left in the game. Couldn't get out of there fast enough.
He had 31/10/7. He doesn't guard much but Rondo didn't either last night.LBJ is not why they lose

I know your gimmick, so to speak, but it sure seems like you're basically right this year.

I wonder if he regrets signing there for 4 years? Or he just knew the first year would be a write off? I dunno.

Draymond will be washed by the time he’s 31. Writing is all over the wall with that one, IMO. He can’t shoot.

I’m good with just letting Ingram become our second superstar, if it comes to it.

Was driving all afternoon but just saw the Bucks signed Eric Bledsoe to a 4/$70 mil extension and signed Pau Gasol too. And the Bucks clinched the playoffs. What a great day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom