NBA 2018-2019 | Page 63 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

clippers, spurs, kings all win
lakers lose ingram and kuzma in their loss; now 5 games back in the loss column

Lakers are done for this year barring a 15-3 finish.
Can the Lakers get FAs now that they missed the playoffs?
So do the Lakers win the lottery and get Zion?
I wonder if the Clippers will still try to fall out of the playoffs?
As the Spurs and Kings below them pass them.

Lakers are done for this year barring a 15-3 finish.
Can the Lakers get FAs now that they missed the playoffs?
So do the Lakers win the lottery and get Zion?
I wonder if the Clippers will still try to fall out of the playoffs?
As the Spurs and Kings below them pass them.

Better shot that the Clippers get the 6th seed then they fall out at this point. Could potentially have a Blazers v. Clips 3/6 matchup which is gross and I wouldn't watch a minute of.

Better shot that the Clippers get the 6th seed then they fall out at this point. Could potentially have a Blazers v. Clips 3/6 matchup which is gross and I wouldn't watch a minute of.
Yeah, if the Clippers are trying to miss the playoffs they're kinda sucking at it.

Meanwhile Pelicans are playing their best ball of the season when they should probably be tanking but I don't think Jrue Holiday got the memo

Meanwhile Pelicans are playing their best ball of the season when they should probably be tanking but I don't think Jrue Holiday got the memo

Nope. And Randle is trying to get paid. Going to end up picking around 10-12 like usual and not being able to add a significant piece.

Also the Suns all of a sudden are playing like they care.

Congrats to the Knicks on the Suns having some pride.

Also the Suns all of a sudden are playing like they care.

Congrats to the Knicks on the Suns having some pride.
Finishing with the worst record doesn’t help with the lottery this year.
So the Suns playing hard makes sense.
The 5 worst teams will have the same odds to win the lottery. So being 2nd worst or 4th worst doesn’t matter.

Nope. And Randle is trying to get paid. Going to end up picking around 10-12 like usual and not being able to add a significant piece.

Yeah, who knows where Davis could wind up either? about as clear as mud at this point.

Yeah, who knows where Davis could wind up either? about as clear as mud at this point.

As a peripheral observer, what happened to Davis? I always thought he was a hard-working, do-the-right-thing kind of guy. Now it seems he's become some kind of drama queen. Is the NO organization as chaotic as the Knicks, and he just wants out of the mad house, wasting his career playing in almost total obscurity?

As a peripheral observer, what happened to Davis? I always thought he was a hard-working, do-the-right-thing kind of guy. Now it seems he's become some kind of drama queen. Is the NO organization as chaotic as the Knicks, and he just wants out of the mad house, wasting his career playing in almost total obscurity?
Probably a little column A and a little column B. I don't think it's a well run organization, and I think the Brow just ran out of steam.

Also, he uses Lebron's agent, so I'm sure they're putting certain ideas in his head.

For as good as he is, he's taken his team to the playoffs twice. Granted it's the West, but that's not all that impressive.

He was a no complaint guy for the most part until he hired Rich Paul. This is basically the only way to get yourself moved with more than a year left on your deal to a destination of choice. You have to go public and have to make sure that 90% of the teams know for sure that you won't re-sign there. Pretty standard playbook but it definitely makes the player look like a butthole.

shocking stat: clippers are 22-4 vs the lakers over the last 6 seasons
Yeah, if the Clippers are trying to miss the playoffs they're kinda sucking at it.
they're not. trying to miss, that is. the working theory is that their 2 max slots will be more attractive if they show how close they are to contending just with role players

The 5 worst teams will have the same odds to win the lottery. So being 2nd worst or 4th worst doesn’t matter.

Top 3 do.

shocking stat: clippers are 22-4 vs the lakers over the last 6 seasons

they're not. trying to miss, that is. the working theory is that their 2 max slots will be more attractive if they show how close they are to contending just with role players
I know. Alsacs keeps banging the drum that they want to miss the playoffs though.

I submit that their recent behavior suggests otherwise.

I know. Alsacs keeps banging the drum that they want to miss the playoffs though.

I submit that their recent behavior suggests otherwise.
I said that because the Celtics have the Clippers pick if they make the playoffs.
But by dealing Harris and the assets they got from Philly for him they don’t their pick as much. Those assets can be used for trades.

Was at the Clip/Knicks game. Balmer looks less than thrilled they looked so good

But to be fair...he also could have been mad at the mascots performance, who knows

Kind of but not exactly. Top 3 teams all have the same odds of the first pick (14%). However, you can drop a max of 4 spots, so the team finishing last is guaranteed a top 5 pick, second to last top 6, etc

It's really crazy, right now, the knicks have the worst record, they have a 48% chance of picking 5th.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom