NBA 2018-2019 | Page 69 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

I know he's a famous player, but i feel like Kidd is a pretty bad coach? Seems like the Bucks went from not so good to like, all time good, after he got fired? (and granted, Bud is a very good coach)

Kidd was really good for a young team IMO; did a good job of developing the young guys in Milwaukee, but as an X's and O's guy, he simply was never going to get it done. He was never going to be able to elevate Milwaukee to the next tier of teams like Bud has done.

I'd compare Kidd to Scott Brooks; good for a young rebuilding team; bad for a team that wants to be a contender.

Am I crazy for thinking Miami could push Milwaukee with their current injuries?

Would not have thought that before the last week or two, but now I’m wondering.

If the Bucks guys are still hobbled by the 2nd round, I think they might be in trouble, but there's really no rational reason the Bucks should have any trouble with Miami unless the guys that are healthy simply have an awful stretch of games.

I can't remember where I saw it, but one of the NBA stats guys on Twitter posted something that showed that since the Brogdon/Mirotic injuries, the Bucks have remained by far the best offensive team in the East. We'll probably need to get them back if we want to make a title run, but whoever we play in the first round really shouldn't be an issue.

Bucks are the only team with a half decent chance to beat GSW

If the Bucks guys are still hobbled by the 2nd round, I think they might be in trouble, but there's really no rational reason the Bucks should have any trouble with Miami unless the guys that are healthy simply have an awful stretch of games.

I can't remember where I saw it, but one of the NBA stats guys on Twitter posted something that showed that since the Brogdon/Mirotic injuries, the Bucks have remained by far the best offensive team in the East. We'll probably need to get them back if we want to make a title run, but whoever we play in the first round really shouldn't be an issue.

Not sure why anyone is even mentioning Miami as a definite playoff team? Orlando has chased them down in the last week.

Not sure why anyone is even mentioning Miami as a definite playoff team? Orlando has chased them down in the last week.

Yeah it's still a 3 team race for that last spot and I think Orlando might be the one that ultimately gets it.

I'm rooting for Orlando to make it. That's been a bad team for a long time.

Golden State or "the field" to win it all right now, who do you take?

I'd still take Golden State without much hesitation. Obviously hoping for the Bucks though.

Bucks are the only team with a half decent chance to beat GSW

I think Toronto matches up well with them in a seven game series.

With the Bucks injuries, I think Toronto should be the favorite in the East.

Dubs.

Closest to take them down IMO is Toronto unless Bucks can get to 100% by the Finals.

I just like the fact that the Warriors will probably have to go on the road in the Finals.

Since the 1999 lockout season, the East has had homecourt in the Finals only three times, (08 Celtics, 11 Heat, 13 Heat). That's kind of incredible.

All NBA Teams right now?

1st Team:
Steph
Harden
PG13
Greek Freak
Jokic

2nd Team
Dame
Russ
KD
Kawhi
Jo

3rd Team
Kyrie
Beal
Bron
Blake
KAT (I think - Would Ant Davis go here?)

All NBA Teams right now?

1st Team:
Steph
Harden
PG13
Greek Freak
Jokic

2nd Team
Dame
Russ
KD
Kawhi
Jo

3rd Team
Kyrie
Beal
Bron
Blake
KAT (I think - Would Ant Davis go here?)
Kemba over Kyrie 3rd team IMO.

Kyrie doesn’t deserve it.

If you aren’t watching Bucks/Rox, do yourself a favor and turn it on. It’s awesome and getting seriously competitive.

Bucks are giving Harden all the right hand he wants. Crazy defensive strategy but kind of working.

What a game. Bucks are legit. They just need to keep it going until Brogdon gets back but man they are good.
Its a great game but this players only crew is so bad. I can’t take Dennis Scott as the pbp guy.

Kidd was really good for a young team IMO; did a good job of developing the young guys in Milwaukee, but as an X's and O's guy, he simply was never going to get it done. He was never going to be able to elevate Milwaukee to the next tier of teams like Bud has done.

I'd compare Kidd to Scott Brooks; good for a young rebuilding team; bad for a team that wants to be a contender.

Yeah, fair point, one thing a lot of people (me included) fall victim to is labeling coaches/gm/players (to a lesser extent I think) as good/bad in a binary way, when the reality is both A) people can improve or regress, and B) you can be a good fit for one situation and a bad fit for another.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom