NBA 2018-2019 | Page 67 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

Yup. I lived down in NC during that 94-95 season. Rasheed hurt his ankle in the ACC tournament and that was supposedly what put him over the edge for leaving early.

Those carolina teams were loaded. In 93, they won the title, then brought back 4 starters and had the #1 class in the country (sheed/stack/jeff mcinnis)

Those carolina teams were loaded. In 93, they won the title, then brought back 4 starters and had the #1 class in the country (sheed/stack/jeff mcinnis)

Yup. 93-94 is when I found out we were going to be moving down there, so I started following them a bit and loved Stack and Sheed as freshmen. We went to 4 games the following season, so I followed them pretty closely. They were not deep at all and were short for that era as they started Stackhouse at the PF spot.

Jeff McInnis at the point, Donald Williams and Dante Calabria at the 2 and 3, and then Stack and Sheed. Fun team to watch and they made a final 4 run.

We moved back to CNY the following year, but I still followed them pretty closely for the next few years. Used to debate with my brother who was better...Stack or Vince? Jamison or Sheed? McInnis or Cota? And Donald Williams or Shammond Williams? Pretty comparable teams. As time passed and the players that I knew moved on, I cared less and less. By the time Doherty came in, I was back to viewing them as just another team.

Spurs just beat the Dubs to win their ninth in a row.

Clips and Spurs are both playing so well right now.

JVG said he thinks this is Pop’s best coaching job. Not sure I agree with that and he’s prone to hyperbole when speaking about coaches, but it’s an impressive year by Pop (and Doc for the Clips as well).

Spurs just beat the Dubs to win their ninth in a row.

Clips and Spurs are both playing so well right now.

JVG said he thinks this is Pop’s best coaching job. Not sure I agree with that and he’s prone to hyperbole when speaking about coaches, but it’s an impressive year by Pop (and Doc for the Clips as well).
Pop has the most versatile mind in coaching. Whereas guys like Phil insist on coaching the triangle (and elite players only for Phil), Pop can change philosophy to fit his team better than any hoop coach I have ever seen.

It’s amazing how the Nets gave the Celtics two top 3 picks and their rebuild is happening faster than the NY Knicks.

Imagine if the Nets had Tatum and Brown with this team.

It’s amazing how the Nets gave the Celtics two top 3 picks and their rebuild is happening faster than the NY Knicks.

Kinda shows you team building matters.

Check out this insane stat. In the past 20 years, the Spurs have spent 65 days with a losing record. Second best? The Rockets at 1,007 days.

I assume the Knicks are last with "all the days."

This could be a different story on July 1.

Or, since it's the Knicks, it could, you know, be the same story

I was talking with my friend about this (and I see Zach Lowe has a podcast today about this); what's first team all NBA this year? Curry/Harden/PG/Giannis/Embiid?

Crazy to think Lebron/Durant/Kawhi are probably 3 of the 6 or 7 best forwards ever (maybe I'm too aggressive on Kawhi?), and none of them are going to make first team all league

I was talking with my friend about this (and I see Zach Lowe has a podcast today about this); what's first team all NBA this year? Curry/Harden/PG/Giannis/Embiid?

Crazy to think Lebron/Durant/Kawhi are probably 3 of the 6 or 7 best forwards ever (maybe I'm too aggressive on Kawhi?), and none of them are going to make first team all league

I'm paused in the podcast like right before they started really getting into this, but yeah, I assume taht's probably the first team at this point. There's an argument to be made for Jokic over Embiid IMO but I think it's probably Embiid. The rest seems set in stone.

I don't think Lebron or Kawhi are all that close to being first-team this year honestly. Kawhi's going to miss like over 25% of the games and Lebron's effort on defense has gone from poor in the past year or two to pathetic.

I'm paused in the podcast like right before they started really getting into this, but yeah, I assume taht's probably the first team at this point. There's an argument to be made for Jokic over Embiid IMO but I think it's probably Embiid. The rest seems set in stone.

I don't think Lebron or Kawhi are all that close to being first-team this year honestly. Kawhi's going to miss like over 25% of the games and Lebron's effort on defense has gone from poor in the past year or two to pathetic.

Was thinking the same, but the defense is such a difference.

I agree Lebron and Kawhi aren't there; just like, if you told me that before the season? I'd be surprised. (Aslo Lebron has missed time and the defense has been meh at best but he is averaging basically 28-8-8)

It’s funny how much Charlotte and Washington don’t want Kemba Walker or Bradley Beal to make 3rd team all-NBA this year.
The super max not only gives those guys more money it eats up more of cap space.

It’s funny how much Charlotte and Washington don’t want Kemba Walker or Bradley Beal to make 3rd team all-NBA this year.
The super max not only gives those guys more money it eats up more of cap space.

Yeah, if I'm either of those teams:
1. I probably would have traded them to begin with, but now that we're here:
2. I wouldn't offer the supermax. If they want to take slightly less money than my offer to go elsewhere then so be it but you simply can't pay those guys $45+ million per year.

There's maybe 10 players in the league that I'd be willing to offer the supermax to. The supermax was just a bad idea and they gotta do something about it.

West rules, East drools.

Spurs go 8-2 in their last 10. It's good for landing in the 8th and final payoff spot.

Yeah, if I'm either of those teams:
1. I probably would have traded them to begin with, but now that we're here:
2. I wouldn't offer the supermax. If they want to take slightly less money than my offer to go elsewhere then so be it but you simply can't pay those guys $45+ million per year.

There's maybe 10 players in the league that I'd be willing to offer the supermax to. The supermax was just a bad idea and they gotta do something about it.
how about if they just lift the cap?

James Harden just put a hurtin' on the Spurs. He took the Rocket's from down 6 to up five late in the 4th with a 13-2 run on his own. 61 pts, on 9-13 shooting from three, 19-34 from the field, 14-17 from the line.

James Harden just put a hurtin' on the Spurs. He took the Rocket's from down 6 to up five late in the 4th with a 13-2 run on his own. 61 pts, on 9-13 shooting from three, 19-34 from the field, 14-17 from the line.
Ball hog

Kyrie has become an absolutely insufferable passive aggressive whiner. Can’t stand that guy these days.

Celtics should let him walk. If Hayward gets back to even 80% of what he was, they are still a top team in the East, especially if Kawhi goes West.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom