NBA 2018-2019 | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

Lakers traded Zubac for Mike Muscala? This better be a precursor to another move, otherwise I hate this trade.

CARMELO

I will troll all these clown ass Lakers fans who don’t want Melo so hard if that happens. Yes, I’m a Laker fan who dislikes most Lakers fans. The only Laker games most of these idiots watched in the last 5 years was Kobe’s last game.

I will troll all these clown ass Lakers fans who don’t want Melo so hard if that happens. Yes, I’m a Laker fan who dislikes most Lakers fans. The only Laker games most of these idiots watched in the last 5 years was Kobe’s last game.
Has it sunk in to them yet that there's a very real chance they won't make the playoffs?

Has it sunk in to them yet that there's a very real chance they won't make the playoffs?
jim-fassel-quote-i-am-raising-the-stakes-right-now-if-this-is-a-poker.jpg.cf.jpg

So you're saying it has not.

By the way, if LeBron in his first season out west can't make the playoffs it validates everything, I mean everything, about what I've been saying that the East drools and the West rules.

So you're saying it has not.

By the way, if LeBron in his first season out west can't make the playoffs it validates everything, I mean everything, about what I've been saying that the East drools and the West rules.

There’s a chance but ultimately I think we’ll make it because we’ve got LeBron, the overachieving Clippers will fade after trading Harris, and the young Kings aren’t ready for this yet.

There’s a chance but ultimately I think we’ll make it because we’ve got LeBron, the overachieving Clippers will fade after trading Harris, and the young Kings aren’t ready for this yet.
Right, I mean, LeBron took a flamethrower to the Lakers chemistry though. That locker room is full of hugs and juice boxes, I'm sure.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think the Kings are going to edge out the Lakers. Which is hilarious on so many levels.

Also by the way I am very happy for Rajon Rondo and will not say a bad thing about him. Great big game player. Put him on national TV he becomes elite. A Tuesday night game in Atlanta he will mail it in. A Thursday TNT night game against anybody he will play hard.

Toronto won the East with Gasol.
Best trade any team made. This could be Pau Gasol to the Lakers good for them if Marc has anything left.

I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I don't really see it as a major upgrade at this point in Gasol's career. Guess we'll see soon enough.

I'll simply continue to hope that the Bucks carry over their level of play into the postseason. I'd really just be happy to finally win a playoff series, but removing my fan complex of never expecting anything good to happen for my team, I think Milwaukee should still be viewed as the favorites in the East.

That draft was LeBron’s biggest victory since joining the Lakers.
James dominated in his selections.

I would never ever bet money on an All-Star game, but I feel pretty confident that Giannis' team will win.

Yeah, on paper those rosters are so one sided.

That’s gotta he so political though. Like...Giannis had to pick his teammate high right? Even though he’s not one of the best players available at that point. Good thing the game doesn’t matter.

Giannis has said his main strategy for the draft was to pick guys that don't make it all the time because like him, they'll play harder than the guys that are in the game every year.

I would never ever bet money on an All-Star game, but I feel pretty confident that Giannis' team will win.
Giannis’s draft strategy was so bad I’m surprised he didn’t pass on Steph Curry for Jonny Flynn and I love Flynn.
LeBron cleaned his clock now the talent on both teams isn’t where either couldn’t win.
Team LeBron is just better.

Giannis’s draft strategy was so bad I’m surprised he didn’t pass on Steph Curry for Jonny Flynn and I love Flynn.
LeBron cleaned his clock now the talent on both teams isn’t where either couldn’t win.
Team LeBron is just better.
That's good, though. LeBron needs a W a lot more.

Also by the way I am very happy for Rajon Rondo and will not say a bad thing about him. Great big game player. Put him on national TV he becomes elite. A Tuesday night game in Atlanta he will mail it in. A Thursday TNT night game against anybody he will play hard.

Weird that you have nothing bad to say about a guy that just collects a paycheck for the majority of the season and then have nothing but hate for the dude that plays his butt off 90% of the time and is the 2nd best player to ever live.

Giannis has said his main strategy for the draft was to pick guys that don't make it all the time because like him, they'll play harder than the guys that are in the game every year.

That Westbrook trade will work out nicely for him. Russ is usually the only guy going 100% during the all-star game and since he won't be forced to use his broken jumper during the all-star game, he should be able to pile up points...at least for the 1st 3.5 quarters.

LeBron will never be better than Michael Jordan.
Look at the quotes
Jordan
Dy1dIrHUcAAnej5

vs. LeBron
Dy1NIvjXcAAToL1
What was the question presented. Taking quotes out of context is an impediment to understanding the answer.
Micheal:. What drives you each day?
LeBron: What do you need to accomplish to cement your legacy?

What was the question presented. Taking quotes out of context is an impediment to understanding the answer.
Micheal:. What drives you each day?
LeBron: What do you need to accomplish to cement your legacy?
It was asking Jordan about his legacy.

Weird that you have nothing bad to say about a guy that just collects a paycheck for the majority of the season and then have nothing but hate for the dude that plays his butt off 90% of the time and is the 2nd best player to ever live.
LeBron wants his butl kissed and is phony who wants Twitter love.
Rondo doesn’t care about the regular season he wants to win a championship.
Plus I personally love Rondo because of his time with the Celtics. It’s too bad he couldn’t be more consistent as I appreciate his love of the Celtics and his connection with the fans.

Long post. Good discussion. Interesting proposal for salary cap holds.
I love these ideas, but this is too star centric and overly complicated.

These are the objectives, I think:

1. Reward players for improvement
2. Reward players for developing with the organization that drafted them/developed them as a UFA/developed them in the GLeague
3. Reward organizations for focusing on player development (this benefits the NBA as a whole)

So, here's my proposal: 85% cap hold on all 2nd or later contracts with the original team. That's it.

Simple. Easy to calculate. Rewards all players that grow with their original team. Rewards all organizations that develop talent. Gives organizations in position to compete to flex financially, but doesn't force them to.

Just go to a hard cap and get rid of the maximum amount a player can sign for.
Keep the contract length short.
Don’t let player options on contracts.
Allow for a franchise tag.
The NBA should follow the NHL model but with the cap tied directly to revenue generated.

Just go to a hard cap and get rid of the maximum amount a player can sign for.
Keep the contract length short.
Don’t let player options on contracts.
Allow for a franchise tag.
The NBA should follow the NHL model but with the cap tied directly to revenue generated.
I'm not following. How does hard cap without maximum amounts accomplish anything?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom