NBA Combine Invites go out today... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Combine Invites go out today...

Guess I misunderstood. "I would never not want a kid to make the wrong decision for him, but as a Syracuse fan you should want what is best for Syracuse basketball. Its not just about me, its about our entire fanbase, the coaches, the players, everyone who is involved with Cuse bball." Sure sounds to me as if you're saying I should want what is best for Syracuse basketball, not what is best for Malachi Richardson.

We are Syracuse basketball fans, not Malachi Richardson fans, o
One of the things that is good for 'Cuse basketball is to have a record of sending players to the NBA.

I want Malachi to be a star in the Nba, no one is saying we don't want him to play in the Nba, we want him to play in the Nba when he is ready.

I want Malachi to be a star in the Nba, no one is saying we don't want him to play in the Nba, we want him to play in the Nba when he is ready.
I give up.

Guess I misunderstood. "I would never not want a kid to make the wrong decision for him, but as a Syracuse fan you should want what is best for Syracuse basketball. Its not just about me, its about our entire fanbase, the coaches, the players, everyone who is involved with Cuse bball." Sure sounds to me as if you're saying I should want what is best for Syracuse basketball, not what is best for Malachi Richardson.

We are Syracuse Basketball fans, not strictly Malachi Richardson fans, I was a fan probably before Malachi was even born, and will be long after his playing career is over. You Don't think Jb is rooting for him to come back next year? Or the other players are hoping for him to come back?

Briancuse said:
We are Syracuse Basketball fans, not strictly Malachi Richardson fans, I was a fan probably before Malachi was even born, and will be long after his playing career is over. You Don't think Jb is rooting for him to come back next year? Or the other players are hoping for him to come back?
JBs always wanted what is best for the kids. It's not an at-SU/not-SU thing for him.

Briancuse said:
Why? So we should be rooting for him not to come back, even if the Nba scouts and Gms tell him he needs another year?

Don't think anyone said that.

There's nothing about his game that screams next level right now. A hot 5 minute stretch against UVa isn't an 82 game season with the big, big boys.

Then again we've had the worst early entries I can think of so what's one more.

Why? So we should be rooting for him not to come back, even if the Nba scouts and Gms tell him he needs another year?
That's not even in the ballpark of the conversation.

I believe it was you and I that had a debate at the end of the ACC tournament where I was on the side of him having a solid year and you on the side he has an excellent year. If he had an excellent year why would it even be a debate that he comes back.

No, you want him in the NBA when you are ready. Big difference.

Not that I don't enjoy a good pissing match, but maybe wait until we have a little more data before we all go losing our minds?

No, if the concensus NBA opinion is that he isn't ready and is unlikely to sneak into the first round, we should be rooting that he comes back -- for his sake. And I think that he would.

No, if the concensus NBA opinion is that he isn't ready and is unlikely to sneak into the first round, we should be rooting that he comes back -- for his sake. And I think that he would.

If he was a lock lottery pick, I would be all for him going, I thought Dion and Flynn should have left when they did. If its in his best interest to leave, then I am fine with it. I would like to see him back next year, because we are a national title contender, if he does. What is wrong with that?

If he was a lock lottery pick, I would be all for him going, I thought Dion and Flynn should have left when they did. If its in his best interest to leave, then I am fine with it. I would like to see him back next year, because we are a national title contender, if he does. What is wrong with that?
What's wrong is that you keep trying to find ways to get people on here to say that what you want matters more than our players and that it's ok for you to feel that way because you're a fan. Come on, man.

What's wrong is that you keep trying to find ways to get people on here to say that what you want matters more than our players and that it's ok for you to feel that way because you're a fan. Come on, man.

Thats not true at all, I never once said it was about me. I always want what is best for Syracuse.

Finals start this coming Thursday.
I realized after I wrote that that Malachi is still here and not off working out somewhere. Senior brain glitz. Thanks.

Some Basketball Alanon is called for here: "Detach with love"

I think it's best that NBA GMs check under the hood on Malachi.

Real information from the horse's mouth. These are the guys who would be picking you. If they tell you you're not ready, you're not ready.

If he blows up, that's great, too. Remember how Jonny Flynn went from late first round to the 6th pick? It was too bad about where he was picked, and then his hip injury, but he was very high profile and that was good for the program, even if his career hasn't worked out as everyone hoped. If a guy blows up, be happy for him. But if he's smart don't go if it's the bottom of the round.

Boeheim said a good target is being told you're Top 15. That's when you should go. You're sure to make the decent first round money, not the chump change at the bottom. And if you are thought to be Top 15 and you fall, it's hopefully only a few places and you're still a Top 20 pick.

If Mali kills these guys in the workouts, great. Mike Carter-Williams killed it at the combine and became Rookie of the Year. Wish good things for our kids, although I think he still needs another year. But his performance will let him know where he stands.

I dont follow the NBA a ton, but do they often draft a 2 guard who has really only played as a 3 in college that often? especially one that has not shot all that well ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom