NBA Draft Tonight | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Draft Tonight

Oh chit I just saw the 2016 NYK first round pick is property of Toronto for Andrea Bargnani. OMG I can't believe Toronto could get a top 5 pick for that stiff? Please tell me that was an Isiah Thomas trade.

Melo was definitely sold on a vision from Phil and Fish and that vision wasn't play for a garbage team to finish out your career.

Why do the Knicks have to be garbage? They drafted three good players last night and they have a lot of cap space.

Yup, looks like our core is Grant-Galloway-Porzingis-Melo-Monroe.. That will sure lure the Free Agents in '16...

Porzingis better get run this year and prove he can do something because if Mudiay or Winslow play well this year, it's gonna get ugly.

Hearing maybe it's David West instead of Monroe? I loved the Grant trade. Meh on the zinger. I'd feel a lot better if we had a pick next year.

Oh chit I just saw the 2016 NYK first round pick is property of Toronto for Andrea Bargnani. OMG I can't believe Toronto could get a top 5 pick for that stiff? Please tell me that was an Isiah Thomas trade.

Toronto owns the lesser of the Knicks/Nuggets pick in 2016. In the Melo trade we gave the Nuggets the option to swap first rounders with us in 2016. We then traded whichever of those picks we end up with for Bargnani. Just the worst.

Hearing maybe it's David West instead of Monroe? I loved the Grant trade. Meh on the zinger. I'd feel a lot better if we had a pick next year.

I think the plan may be for both West and Monroe. Very curious to see how much West gets though. He's up there in age and the Knicks need to get a SG unless they plan to roll out Calderon and Grant as the starting backcourt. And in that case, they still need backcourt help.

Denver is going to suck next year. So I doubt unless the NYK finishes top 3 in the lottery they will swap. Toronto is going to get a lottery pick for a stiff which is incredible.

Who wins more games in 2015-2016 the Knicks or Nets?
Let's see what happens after the FA period and the trades that take place. Lot's of talk the Nets want to dump salary. No certainty that Joe Johnson, D. Williams or even Brooke Lopez will be there when the smoke clears. Let's see who Phil signs.

Eastern Conference 2015-2016
Playoff teams
Cleveland
Chicago
Indiana
Washington

probable playoff teams
Atlanta
Toronto
Miami

These teams are fighting for the 8 seed Boston, Brooklyn, Charlotte, Detroit,Milwaukee, New York

lottery: Orlando and Philly

Denver is going to suck next year. So I doubt unless the NYK finishes top 3 in the lottery they will swap. Toronto is going to get a lottery pick for a stiff which is incredible.
What's incredible (besides anyone giving up anything for that pile Bargnani) is that the Knicks didn't have the smarts to at least get SOME lottery protection (like if they get the #1-3 pick) which most teams write in. To this day the organization won't say who ordered that trade.

Let's see what happens after the FA period and the trades that take place. Lot's of talk the Nets want to dump salary. No certainty that Joe Johnson, D. Williams or even Brooke Lopez will be there when the smoke clears. Let's see who Phil signs.
Knicks are getting Monroe. They better hope for less than Max, but I don't see even with Monroe and West them winning more than 30-35 games.

Eastern Conference 2015-2016
Playoff teams
Cleveland
Chicago
Indiana
Washington

probable playoff teams
Atlanta
Toronto
Miami

These teams are fighting for the 8 seed Boston, Brooklyn, Charlotte, Detroit,Milwaukee, New York

lottery: Orlando and Philly
I think you're way overrating Indiana.

Yeah, I think Indiana could likely be in the lottery again next year even with Paul George. That team is a shell of itself. Probably going to dump Hibbert, David West, and maybe George Hill.

Why do the Knicks have to be garbage? They drafted three good players last night and they have a lot of cap space.
It all depends on FA but who are signing that will make us any better than a fringe playoff team and who are we signing that will attract Free Agents in '16?

Most of the top FA's in '15 are already linked to somewhere that's not NY. We can hope for Marc Gasol but I doubt that's happening... I guess Carroll and Monroe would be ok. Grant could be alright but he's nothing more than a role player, the 2 Euro's will take time but here's to hoping Porzingis balls out sooner rather than later.

Knicks are getting Monroe. They better hope for less than Max, but I don't see even with Monroe and West them winning more than 30-35 games.
Interesting that Knicks would go after West who plays the same position as The Zinger (PF). That would mean the plan is to bring Zinger off the bench, not rely too heavily on him his first year, give him some time to develop, and increase his PT as he earns it. I like that idea better. Monroe isn't a bad option at C as long as it's not a max contract. I do think Phil will make the team better and curious to see what he does.

Yeah, I think Indiana could likely be in the lottery again next year even with Paul George. That team is a shell of itself. Probably going to dump Hibbert, David West, and maybe George Hill.
David West is linked to NYK. I wouldn't mind him as long as we're not paying him much.

The question with Roc is going to be whether he can defend in the NBA. He's a backup 5, he's not there to score points. He is going to earn his keep through rebounding and defense. There is no question he has the body of an NBA big and the requisite athleticism, but he is going to have to unlearn everything he learned about defense in 4 years at Syracuse.

Interesting that Knicks would go after West who plays the same position as The Zinger (PF). That would mean the plan is to bring Zinger off the bench, not rely too heavily on him his first year, give him some time to develop, and increase his PT as he earns it. I like that idea better. Monroe isn't a bad option at C as long as it's not a max contract. I do think Phil will make the team better and curious to see what he does.
Melo-West-Monroe? That frontcourt makes no sense. 3 guys who all like to play inside the arc and around the basket? It's a lesser version of Lebron trying to operate with Thompson and Mozgov in the game.

I like West as a back up. Hate him as a starter.

It all depends on FA but who are signing that will make us any better than a fringe playoff team and who are we signing that will attract Free Agents in '16?

Most of the top FA's in '15 are already linked to somewhere that's not NY. We can hope for Marc Gasol but I doubt that's happening... I guess Carroll and Monroe would be ok. Grant could be alright but he's nothing more than a role player, the 2 Euro's will take time but here's to hoping Porzingis balls out sooner rather than later.

Gasol isn't leaving Memphis. I wouldn't count on Carroll either. To me, you get Monroe, a cheap veteran PF like West hopefully will be, and a SG and call it an offseason. Fringe playoff team would be fine IMO; show some competency and you don't have a 1st round pick to worry about anyways.

Porzingis should be able to play 20ish minutes a game from the start this year, and Hernangomez is better than Porzingis right now. If they get him to come over, he could give you major minutes this year too.

Melo-West-Monroe? That frontcourt makes no sense. 3 guys who all like to play inside the arc and around the basket? It's a lesser version of Lebron trying to operate with Thompson and Mozgov in the game.

Melo, West, and Monroe can all play away from the basket.

I think you're way overrating Indiana.
Paul George is a top 10 player in the league and he is healthy now. I think the Pacers are an obvious playoff team next year. They aren't going to win the East though.

Melo is becoming more and more a perimeter player with less inside scoring every year. He has fallen in love with the 3.

Melo, West, and Monroe can all play away from the basket.
Oh yea, I forgot, 2 point jump shots...triangle...archaic basketball. Sounds awesome. West and Monroe have a mid-range game but neither is a 3 point threat, which is fine when your SF doesn't like to iso on the mid-post/block, not very advantageous when he does. ...but #triangle, 2 point jumpshots are the greatest.

Phil Jackson is just stealing Dolan's money. The guy has not been consistent in his plan. Unless he swings a miracle and gets Marc Gasol the Knicks will suck next year. Aldridge is going to San Antonio or Portland, Rondo is going to Sacramento, Love is going to LA or Cleveland. Phil needs Gasol or the NYK are garbage next year. Melo should have gone to Chicago in a sign and trade.

Those aren't the only guys out there(and I wouldn't want Rondo anyway).

Monroe, Knight, Ellis, Milsap, Carroll, Middleton, Reggie Jackson...there's lots of guys.

The East sucks. Sign, for example, Monroe and Ellis and they probably win 45 games while hopefully developing Zingis.

Phil doesn't get the Triangle doesn't win chit. Having Michael Jordan/Scottie Pippen, Kobe/Shaq, Kobe/Gasol/Odom/Bynum is what wins. Phil's ego is the size of Jupiter. Popovich is a better coach IMO. Popovich =Belichick.

Jackson took advantage of his connection to the 70's NYK teams and got ridiculously overpaid for a job by Dolan that Knicks411 could do better.

Those aren't the only guys out there(and I wouldn't want Rondo anyway).

Monroe, Knight, Ellis, Milsap, Carroll, Middleton, Reggie Jackson...there's lots of guys.

The East sucks. Sign, for example, Monroe and Ellis and they probably win 45 games while hopefully developing Zingis.
No chance Monroe and Ellis turn them into a 45 win team. The East isn't as deep as the West, but the Knicks would be lucky to finish 8th next year with Monroe, Ellis.

Atlanta has Milsap's Bird rights, Carrol is from ATL
Detroit is going to let Monroe go to resign Jackson
Middleton is a RFA that I doubt the Bucks wouldn't match anything decent
Brandon Knight I believe has 1 yr left with Suns.

The Knicks aren't the only team flush with cash and Jackson isn't going to give long term contracts out with cap rising and playres taking short deals.

Paul George is a top 10 player in the league and he is healthy now. I think the Pacers are an obvious playoff team next year. They aren't going to win the East though.
They're not going to have a whole lot around George unless they get really creative.

No chance Monroe and Ellis turn them into a 45 win team. The East isn't as deep as the West, but the Knicks would be lucky to finish 8th next year with Monroe, Ellis.

Atlanta has Milsap's Bird rights, Carrol is from ATL
Detroit is going to let Monroe go to resign Jackson
Middleton is a RFA that I doubt the Bucks wouldn't match anything decent
Brandon Knight I believe has 1 yr left with Suns.

The Knicks aren't the only team flush with cash and Jackson isn't going to give long term contracts out with cap rising and playres taking short deals.

I suspect the Bucks will match even if Middleton gets a max deal.

Knight is restricted, but it sounds like he's the guy that Phoenix wants to build around rather than Bledsoe. Not really sure about that though. He'd be a nice fit in the triangle though.

I agree on Monroe/Ellis not turning the Knicks into a 45 win team. Ellis would be a poor fit. He needs the ball in his hands to be effective, and he mainly works out of the pick and roll. He'd clash with Melo the same way he clashed with Rondo.

Unless the Knicks get Aldridge or something, they'll probably be in the lottery again next year IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom