NBA Draft Tonight | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Draft Tonight

Is that the barometer now? We've had one all star from the last 25 drafts.

How many has Kansas, Louisville and Michigan State had? Did you cut it off at 25 drafts because you didn't want to include Derrick Coleman as an All-Star? Michael Carter-Williams and Derrick Coleman won rookie of the year in the last 25 years, but I'm betting you have a reason to discredit that, right?

Last edited:
How am I cherry picking my god. Izzo STARTED IN 1996. I went from Izzo being the HC till now. That is the antihesis of CHERRY PICKING. I don't give a crap if Izzo how many Izzo has had the last dozen years THAT IS THE DEFINITION of CHERRY PICKING.

Syracuse didn't have a McDonald's All-American from 1992-2002 and we played for the 1996 NC.

OK I didn't know it was referendum on Izzo. I thought we were talking about programs.

But you've already determined Richardson is overrated? What are you basing this on?

Oh Lord now I have to re-hash this all over again. I watched him play in person a few times and was very unimpressed. Did you watch him in the all star games?

How am I cherry picking my god. Izzo STARTED IN 1996. I went from Izzo being the HC till now. That is the antihesis of CHERRY PICKING. I don't give a crap if Izzo how many Izzo has had the last dozen years THAT IS THE DEFINITION of CHERRY PICKING.

Syracuse didn't have a McDonald's All-American from 1992-2002 and we played for the 1996 NC.

Alsacs this discussion has morphed far away from the original topic. If you think I am trying to demean JB in any way then you're way off base. He's a phenomenal coach. Not as good as Izzo but awesome just the same. ;)

Indiana is a better job than Syracuse slightly. Crean is a bad coach if they got Brad Stevens Indiana would be scary with their resources, in-state talent available via recruiting, and fan support.

I would agree with that to a degree. I think they have a harder time recruiting african american players than SU. Brad Stevens would help solve much of that issue.

It's one thing to be a straight shooter but its something else all together to purposely give your supposed favorite team and players the least credit possible in every situation.

Michigan State, Wisconsin, Ohio state, and Michigan are all currently better jobs in the Big than Indiana. Talk about a school with no recent tournament success.

MR hasn't even played here yet.

It's a long story Jordoo but I will give you the short version. I've seen MR play a few times and also know people very familiar with his game. I told folks on the recruiting board that he was nowhere near as advertised or what they were touting. Heads exploded. Then the all star games came and went and things got quiet. I hope he does well. I'd like to see a kid from my area do well at SU. And I've heard he is a good kid. But if readjusting expectations is a crime then I'm guilty as charged.

It's a long story Jordoo but I will give you the short version. I've seen MR play a few times and also know people very familiar with his game. I told folks on the recruiting board that he was nowhere near as advertised or what they were touting. Heads exploded. Then the all star games came and went and things got quiet. I hope he does well. I'd like to see a kid from my area do well at SU. And I've heard he is a good kid. But if readjusting expectations is a crime then I'm guilty as charged.

I recall it very clearly. Just saying he hasn't played yet so no one is right or wrong.

Michigan State, Wisconsin, Ohio state, and Michigan are all currently better jobs in the Big than Indiana. Talk about a school with no recent tournament success.

Sorry I gotta disagree. Ohio State and Michigan will always be football schools first. Wisconsin is no where close to Indiana. Bo Ryan has done a good job, but he elevated the program, but that job isn't in the ballpark of IU. Wisconsin doesn't produce the players in-state that Indiana does and Wisconsin is probably equally a football/basketball school.

I can agree Michigan State is probably the closest Big Ten basketball job to Indiana. Currently being better does mean the job is better. Indiana HS BB is probably the best outside of NYC. Indiana is a great job being held by a total in over his head boob who took advantage of Kelvin Sampson cheating to get the job. Look at Kentucky after 1999 Tubby had them losing 10 games a year and that program underachieved until they got Calipari. If Indiana gets the right coach I.E. Brad Stevens they become scary in college hoops.

I would agree with that to a degree. I think they have a harder time recruiting african american players than SU. Brad Stevens would help solve much of that issue.
Indiana doesn't have a problem recruiting African-Americans. They have a problem that Kelvin Sampson cheated and got them hammered with NCAA sanctions and they gave the job to insane Tom Crean. Isiah Thomas, Calbert Cheaney, Jared Jeffries, Victor Oladipo, Noah Vonleh all have been lottery picks at IU the program doesn't have a problem recruiting African-Americans they need a good coach.

bpo57 said:
hey Craig Forth - you're still ticked that I was right about MR. Get over it.

You were right about MR? You said he sucks, yet he won NJ player of the year... Over your boy Briscoe. I'd say you're far from right.

Indiana doesn't have a problem recruiting African-Americans. They have a problem that Kelvin Sampson cheated and got them hammered with NCAA sanctions and they gave the job to insane Tom Crean. Isiah Thomas, Calbert Cheaney, Jared Jeffries, Victor Oladipo, Noah Vonleh all have been lottery picks at IU the program doesn't have a problem recruiting African-Americans they need a good coach.

Of the five guys you mentioned, the first three were recruited by Bobby Knight. Since that time it has been slim pickings with IU often having a predominantly white roster. That was even the case when Mike Davis was coaching. You don't think that makes a certain impression on a player's mind?

Could that be rectified with the right coach? Sure, hence my nod to Stevens.

You were right about MR? You said he sucks, yet he won NJ player of the year... Over your boy Briscoe. I'd say you're far from right.

My boy Briscoe? LOL.

Not for nothing, but why is this argument still going? It has nothing to do with this threads original premise (NBA Draft) or what it turned into (NBA Free Agency). So could we return to the topic at hand, the changing landscape in the NBA?

Sorry I gotta disagree. Ohio State and Michigan will always be football schools first. Wisconsin is no where close to Indiana. Bo Ryan has done a good job, but he elevated the program, but that job isn't in the ballpark of IU. Wisconsin doesn't produce the players in-state that Indiana does and Wisconsin is probably equally a football/basketball school.

I can agree Michigan State is probably the closest Big Ten basketball job to Indiana. Currently being better does mean the job is better. Indiana HS BB is probably the best outside of NYC. Indiana is a great job being held by a total in over his head boob who took advantage of Kelvin Sampson cheating to get the job. Look at Kentucky after 1999 Tubby had them losing 10 games a year and that program underachieved until they got Calipari. If Indiana gets the right coach I.E. Brad Stevens they become scary in college hoops.

I beg to differ on a lot of this. OSU and Michigan have access to more talent than IU and that has certainly played out over the years. NYC the best talent? In a bygone era yeah but that hasn't been the case for at least a decade plus. City hoops has fallen off a lot. Hell, New Jersey cranks out a lot more talent than NYC. The catholic schools there have produced a ton of talent. Indiana next in line? No way. Proud tradition and plenty of talent but not #2. Philly, DC metro area also much better.

Of the five guys you mentioned, the first three were recruited by Bobby Knight. Since that time it has been slim pickings with IU often having a predominantly white roster. That was even the case when Mike Davis was coaching. You don't think that makes a certain impression on a player's mind?

Could that be rectified with the right coach? Sure, hence my nod to Stevens.
Honestly, I am not going to waste my time on this after this post. Indiana does not have a Wisconsin problem they have had plenty of good African-American players the last decade.
DJ White, Eric Gordon, Christian Watford, Victor Oladipo, Yogi Ferrell, Noah Vonleh, Troy Williams.

Not for nothing, but why is this argument still going? It has nothing to do with this threads original premise (NBA Draft) or what it turned into (NBA Free Agency). So could we return to the topic at hand, the changing landscape in the NBA?
Gladly I am getting annoyed dealing trolling. The David West case is interesting. Cleveland and San Antonio competing for West. Cleveland is also offering Brooklyn Andy Varajeo and Brandon Haywood's non guaranteed contract for Joe Johnson. If Cleveland has Johnson over JR Smith that would be a good upgrade.

The West is a 3 way dance between OKC, San Antonio, and Golden State.

Gladly I am getting annoyed dealing trolling. The David West case is interesting. Cleveland and San Antonio competing for West. Cleveland is also offering Brooklyn Andy Varajeo and Brandon Haywood's non guaranteed contract for Joe Johnson. If Cleveland has Johnson over JR Smith that would be a good upgrade.

The West is a 3 way dance between OKC, San Antonio, and Golden State.

So you're saying Rak is going to have a 10 year career after all? Lol.. Sorry couldn't resist. And yeah, we should probably have a new FA thread going and kill this one as somebody said a few days ago...

Kansas has had a lot of busts. There best players right now Paul Pierce who is a HOFer, but Mario Chamlers, Brandon Rush, Daryl Arthur, Morris twins, Ben McLenmore, Thomas Robinson have been busts or underachievers and that isn't including Joel Embiid.

Andrew Wiggins is a future all-star from KU who won ROY. However, our friend bpo is just moving the goal posts.

How was Mario Chalmers a bust? He was a second round pick with 8 years under his belt. If Grant or Christmas play 8 years in the league would they be considered busts?

How was Mario Chalmers a bust? He was a second round pick with 8 years under his belt. If Grant or Christmas play 8 years in the league would they be considered busts?

Just leave it be. Chalmers sure that is not a bust. The battle for internet superiority wont end in this thread. Some just dont know when to quit lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom