NBA Draft Tonight | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Draft Tonight

I'll give you the last two but we are not in there with FLA, KU, Texas and AZ. Their players have had much more success no matter what timeframe you use.

Who are the NBA all stars from Kansas?

lol you still ticked I warned you that Malachi Richardson was massively overrated four months ago? After the two all star games I noticed the peanut gallery over on the recruiting board shut the hell up after that. No more grand predictions about one and done. Btw MR is the only SU recruit I have expressed a negative opinion on, so nice try. I am very high on Lydon and Moyer.

So we can look forward to you hating on Richardson so you can gloat about that too?

Who are the NBA all stars from Kansas?
Kansas has had a lot of busts. There best players right now Paul Pierce who is a HOFer, but Mario Chamlers, Brandon Rush, Daryl Arthur, Morris twins, Ben McLenmore, Thomas Robinson have been busts or underachievers and that isn't including Joel Embiid.

Andrew Wiggins is a future all-star from KU who won ROY. However, our friend bpo is just moving the goal posts.

Izzo has recruited 11 McDonald's All-Americans (Mateen Cleaves - 1996, Jason Richardson - 1999, Marcus Taylor and Zach Randolph - 2000, Kelvin Torbert - 2001, Paul Davis - 2002, Shannon Brown and Brandon Cotton - 2003, Keith Appling - 2010, Branden Dawson - 2011, Gary Harris - 2012)

Since 1996 Syracuse has had Carmelo Anthony-2002, Eric Devendorf 2005, Jonny Flynn and Donte Green-2007, Fab Melo-2010, Rak Christmas and Michael Carter-Williams-2011, and Dejuan Coleman-2012

Please with these BS excuses. You want to troll SU it was quite obvious. Izzo has had 11 and JB has had 8 McD All-Americans.

Great post. How come Michigan State doesn't have all stars in the NBA?

Kansas has had a lot of busts. There best players right now Paul Pierce who is a HOFer, but Mario Chamlers, Brandon Rush, Daryl Arthur, Morris twins, Ben McLenmore, Thomas Robinson have been busts or underachievers and that isn't including Joel Embiid.

Andrew Wiggins is a future all-star from KU who won ROY. However, our friend bpo is just moving the goal posts.

Plenty of busts (same with us) but by sheer #s they have a lot more guys in the NBA over any timeframe. You don't dispute that do you?

In the last 22 years they've had two B1G titles and three sweet 16 appearances. You call that elite?

They've won 3 NCAA titles and are still a top program.

Izzo has recruited 11 McDonald's All-Americans (Mateen Cleaves - 1996, Jason Richardson - 1999, Marcus Taylor and Zach Randolph - 2000, Kelvin Torbert - 2001, Paul Davis - 2002, Shannon Brown and Brandon Cotton - 2003, Keith Appling - 2010, Branden Dawson - 2011, Gary Harris - 2012)

Since 1996 Syracuse has had Carmelo Anthony-2002, Eric Devendorf 2005, Jonny Flynn and Donte Green-2007, Fab Melo-2010, Rak Christmas and Michael Carter-Williams-2011, and Dejuan Coleman-2012

Please with these BS excuses. You want to troll SU it was quite obvious. Izzo has had 11 and JB has had 8 McD All-Americans.

Cherry picking eh? Why stop at 1996? Convenient. SU had several Micky Ds prior to then. I would note that Izzo has only had three in the last dozen years.

Plenty of busts (same with us) but by sheer #s they have a lot more guys in the NBA over any timeframe. You don't dispute that do you?

They get a lot more McDonald's All-Americans. Where are those all stars?

They have more guys because Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, Duke have been recruiting more highly rated classes than we have. If its just getting players in the league you are freaking moving the goalposts. Syracuse track record is solid we aren't top 5 but we are top 10-13ish.

So we can look forward to you hating on Richardson so you can gloat about that too?

No not at all. I live in the same vicinity and had seen him play a few times. I knew the fellas on the other board were out over their skis on MR. After the all star games they figured it out.

You left out Louie Orr who had a solid career. I acknowledged the success of SU guys from the late 1980s era. I clearly stated that there was a drought from the drafts of the 1990s and 2000s but that things have gotten better lately. Don't twist my words.

What about the droughts for Louisville and Michigan State?

They have more guys because Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, Duke have been recruiting more highly rated classes than we have. If its just getting players in the league you are freaking moving the goalposts. Syracuse track record is solid we aren't top 5 but we are top 10-13ish.

I admitted that above. Calm down fella. It's like I attacked your family.

Cherry picking eh? Why stop at 1996? Convenient. SU had several Micky Ds prior to then. I would note that Izzo has only had three in the last dozen years.
How am I cherry picking my god. Izzo STARTED IN 1996. I went from Izzo being the HC till now. That is the antihesis of CHERRY PICKING. I don't give a crap if Izzo how many Izzo has had the last dozen years THAT IS THE DEFINITION of CHERRY PICKING.

Syracuse didn't have a McDonald's All-American from 1992-2002 and we played for the 1996 NC.

Kansas and UNC don't have any all stars in the NBA right now. How come he isn't criticizing them?

Indiana is a better job than Syracuse slightly. Crean is a bad coach if they got Brad Stevens Indiana would be scary with their resources, in-state talent available via recruiting, and fan support.

Kansas and UNC don't have any all stars in the NBA right now. How come he isn't criticizing them?
It is trolling 101.

I am being fair Kansas and UNC are clearly above us on the pecking order. Which is true and there is nothing wrong with that. Wiggins is an all-star upcoming. UNC has a ton of good players Lawson, Green, Barnes etc. they don't have all-stars though.

No not at all. I live in the same vicinity and had seen him play a few times. I knew the fellas on the other board were out over their skis on MR. After the all star games they figured it out.

But you've already determined Richardson is overrated? What are you basing this on?

They've underperformed too. No doubt. That wasn't the point though.

What was the point? If Louisville, Michigan State, Kansas and North Carolina are not doing as well or only a little better than Syracuse, how can you be critical of Syracuse and their NBA track record?

Indiana is a better job than Syracuse slightly. Crean is a bad coach if they got Brad Stevens Indiana would be scary with their resources, in-state talent available via recruiting, and fan support.

Agree. Someone like Brad Stevens makes Indiana a monster again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom